FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yahoo EMail Accounts Being Hacked (NOT SURE)

freeonline
Hi....
Well
I think Yahoo email accounts are being hacked.... because my friend had 2 yahoo accounts and both got hacked Sad well.... I just wanna say that you should be careful..... Yahoo needs to patch up its security..... (NO OFFENCE)

Personally
I hope... Yahoo's security is patched up soon as possible..... as I am worried my self... Crying or Very sad
Well.....

I would just seggust you should change your password from time to time....
Bline
yahoo sucks,
tell ur frend to get hotmail
much better!
ChunkyBustout
I beg to differ. I have hotmail, yahoo and gmail accounts and, imho, hotmail is the one that I dislike and use the least because of poor spam-filtering and basic features. Yahoo is my main account and all my gmail is forwarded, for free, to my yahoo account. Gmail is definately the one I like the best but I have all three because they are for different purposes - newsletters, personal messages, misc.
Spyder
dude, thousands of poeple get hacked each day anyway, it doesn't mean every yahoo mail accounts are also being hacked.
freeonline
Bline wrote:
yahoo sucks,
much better!

Well... I dont like hotmail because the email takes long time to get through ot never comes Sad
I like gmail Smile
Dragonfly
Some three years ago I couldn't retrieve my yahoo email id, this brings light to my email account I felt that someone had hijacked it. It was really funny.

This message and post just scared me if Yahoo isn't secured enough. Because its yahoo mail which I trust the most even though I had bad experience in the past.

I would like to know how did he get hacked and how it happened. Is it that he cannot access anymore? I'll be interested to know more on your friends email being hacked.
lockwolf
anyone want my old yahoo account?

Name: Lockwolf2004
Password: ************
guardian_angel
just be careful with your passwords and update them often.
zyee
u get hacked not 100% due to the security leackage of yahoo! inc , u might need to consider to keep away form those crack site , free affiliate program site as well as some chinese site, trojan might be installed in your pc once your enter their siet or downloaded some of the program from them.

your password might exposted due to all these hidden trojan, and keep your antivirus and firewall updated.
BioHaZaRD
In 1999, Yahoo! disallowed the creation of specific usernames. These include: id's with multiple underscores, id's beginning or ending with an underscore, id's with dots or dashes, id's with symbols or ASCII, id's with capital letters, id's starting with a number, and more.

Examples of Yahoo! id's no longer allowed to be created:
_biohazard1
biohazard1_
bio__hazard1
bio.hazard1
bio-hazard1
BIOHAZARD1
\biohazard/
ßíohaza®d
1biohazard

These types of disallowed Yahoo! id's are commonly known as "rares" among crackers. 1000's and 1000's of these types of names have been cracked and more are to come. There are "crack sites" where people trade these disallowed Yahoo! id's and even sell them for real money using PayPal. "Crackers" (used to crack Yahoo! id's) are easily accessible at these crack sites.

If you created a Yahoo! id in 2000 or later, you should be fine, but be sure to use a very difficult password anyways.
yjwong
Hotmail
Full of spam and viruses
Free package storage too little

Yahoomail
Better storage (1 GB)
Still have little spam

Gmail
Best storage (2 GB and counting)
No spam
No virus
Gmail Drive
win66
Bline wrote:
yahoo sucks,
much better!

i think get Gmail is more better....
win66
yjwong wrote:
Hotmail
Full of spam and viruses

Yahoomail
Better storage (1 GB)
Still have little spam

Gmail
No spam
No virus
Gmail Drive

agree with u Cool
prithvi
Certain apps are available at underground sites that can be used to hack into Yahoo accounts.

My own account was hacked around a year back, by someone using such a software. (I won't name the software here, of course)

When I read about that app, I found that it sends a trojan keylogger into the user's system and captures the password through it, which is sent back to the other person.
Moreover, that particular trojan bypassed Norton.........then I installed McAfee and it detected and deleted it immediately.
gonzo
yjwong wrote:
Hotmail
Full of spam and viruses

- learn how to create filters
- learn email common sense
- use freepops to fetch and spam filter client side

Quote:

Yahoomail
Better storage (1 GB)
Still have little spam

- use freepops to fetch and spam filter client side

Quote:

Gmail
No spam
No virus
Gmail Drive

- It's NOT spam proof.

- erodes my 4th amendment Constitutional rights
- erodes my 10th amendment Constitutional rights

- erodes my 4th amendment Constitutional rights
- erodes my 10th amendment Constitutional rights

jgfanboy
Actually, I have a ton of email accounts floating somewhere on the internet.

3/4 of all my emails are usually not important and remain anonymouse all the time.

Yes, I actually am using this yahoo account for this forums.
Cryptz
Yahoo sux

Get Hotmail or Gmail Razz
nasirmansoor
Seriously guys
GMAIL ROCKS

GMail is better than Hotmail and Yahoo
I think hacking cases are rare with gmail than compared to yahoo and hotmail

hotmail accounts are hacked very often ... yahoo is better than hotmail for sure

The day is near when hotmail will be no longer remembered
ashok
Another vote for GMAIL.. Smile
timothymartin
Hacking is just the polite notice that someone has been in your account. It is happening all the time but usually we just dont know about it.
mengshi200
Yes,I like gmail too.yahoo mail often did't login normally ,have to use retreving lost passwd.
deanhills
I have always liked Yahoo. I have always been suspicious of gmail, but since it is so easy to open up an account, and I like some of its features, like blogging, I like to use gmail. I also have Hotmail accounts, but find the technical parts of it tedious at times. I really hate having to go extra steps to get to my Hotmail account, and I don't always like the way its files are organized. Definitely not as stable as Yahoo and Gmail. But Yahoo I think is relatively safe. I also have some Lycos accounts, but have not used those much lately. I find Lycos of the four the least stable. I trust gmail the least, and Yahoo the most.
Ghost Rider103
This thread is half a decade old. This problem is no longer relevant since Yahoo has made many changes in the past 5 years.

-close-