FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Metalocalypse anyone?

althalus
Has anyone seen this cartoon? It's hillarious! It's about a [made up, obviously] Norwegian black-metal band called Dethklok and it airs on [adult swim], which I sadly have no access to. Sad (Even their online feutures are off limits for me, being a non-American sitizen. Dang!)

But I found a few clips on youtube, and this is my favourite clip, where the band does some advertising for Duncan Hills Coffee..

What do you think? Very Happy
Scaramanga
Haven't seen it yet, but I had originally wanted to. But a few friends told me that it wasn't so good. I may still give it a watch, but I don't have as high expectations. But man, the concept is all kinds of hilariously awesome.
hlavco
It was... weird. It had its funny moments though.

Like a lot of Adult Swim shows, sometimes you lose track of the plot halfway through the episode and have to re-figure out what's going on.
rightclickscott
Metalocolypse is probably one of the worst shows on AS I've seen yet. It has potential to be great, but it's just not funny. It had accouple moments like "You know what you are? A gmilf, that's a grandmother I'd like to-" It'll probably get better, since I found myself laughing at their next promo, where Nathan Explosion is doing stand up comedy. Right now, it's still pretty bad, but I have a feeling that it can become better.

BTW: This should be in the Movies and Television forum.
Reaper
This show just seemed kind of stupid to me, its right up there with some of the other odd shows adult swim has aired, though to there credit they have showed a lot of very good shows. But it wouldn't be adult swim anymore if they didn't at least air one stupid show Smile
AndreyL
There are some cool guest stars in it (like King Diamond and Michael Amott of Arch Enemy).