FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jonathan Livingston Seagull

tidruG
Anyone read Richard Bach's Jonathan Livingston Seagull? I think it's one of the best ever inspirational books...

His style is simple... the story moves along quickly, and it's not too long... the perfect book to read when you're around 13-14 or older, depending upon when you start about what life really is all about?

The first time I read it was quite a few years back, and I remember I was glued to it until I finished it, and quite simply loved it...

The strength, I suppose, is quite simply in the story, because the grammar and the writing style are simple... nothing genius... any comments, anyone?
nikolic
I'm sure that many have read it; you're right, it's good, simple, and inspirational.

You may also wish to look at just about anythingby Herman Hesse. Many of the same qualities are in the writings - particularly striving for excellence in the face of adversity. However, the stories are much more based in the real world (if not a bit historical in their timeframe).

Try Siddhartha or Narcissus and Goldmann first.

There are quite a few good books out there. I would not be surprised if this topic will stay alive.
tidruG
Hmm... well I certainly hope that this topic stays alive... but my guess it that even if it does, there are most likely to be very few replies... as you can see, in the last 24 hours, you're the only person who's replied.

I'll keep an eye out for Herman Hesse... meanwhile you keep an eye out fo Paulo Coelho, even though I think you may already have read soem of his books...