FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Created Accounts

truespeed
Only a suggestion but wouldnt it be a good idea to temporarily put a halt to new accounts being created until the server/downtime has been sorted out?

I read on another thread that its inactive accounts that are slowing down and affecting the server and its these accounts removal that "bondings" is working on... if inactive accounts are affecting the server then surely adding more and more accounts daily at the moment is only adding to the problem..
Bondings
The problem of yesterday/today is not caused by the number of accounts or similar things, but by someone trying to take the server down.

There is also currently some account executing a heavy perl script causing the load to jump from 0.3-0.5 to 2-4. Sure it doesn't crash the server and doesn't really slow down the websites, but still adds a bit to the problem.
hack_man_
Doesn't the sever have some thingy to show exactly what is going on? I would expect that a server having something like that would be logical.
Tyreal
cant be inactive accounts cause thats where fridollars are for.
Stupid ****** who wanna hurt poor frihost Confused
Bondings
hack_man_ wrote:
Doesn't the sever have some thingy to show exactly what is going on? I would expect that a server having something like that would be logical.

Unfortunately things aren't as easy. And you need to be logged in while it happens. Afterwards it's very hard to impossible to find out in a lot of cases.
LukeakaDanish
Bondings wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:

Unfortunately things aren't as easy. And you need to be logged in while it happens. Afterwards it's very hard to impossible to find out in a lot of cases.

I expect the log files for everything that happens on the server is pretty long Smile

Wouldnt it be reasonably easy to write a overload-cather script which could make a snapshot of whatever is running when the load goes above normal rates though?

(does accidentally uploading a script with an unlimited loop do bad things to the server? Shocked)

edit: reaction to the next post: Mine wasnt a writing file and i corrected it and reuploaded straight away of course...

- Luke
CanadianGeek
I'm wondering about that myself.... I accidentally wrote a for loop that was supposed to write to a file... Well, that file went from being empty to being 6.28 mb pretty fast. I have it fixed now... Hoping I didn't do any damage/harm.