FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

game

chaly133
Hi,

I just got a new PC with

1 gig of RAM
AMD 4200+ dual core athlon
250gig hD
512mb nvidea Geforce 7600 GS.

Could someone talk me through how to make my pc best for gaming?

mabie new drivers or something?

and what settings i should use.

I dont know much about graphics so could you explain clearly.

thanks for any help.
vignesh_natraj
wow good configuration can you qoute the price ?

about ur question just install the latest drivers every month from the manufacture's website and if you want to overclock do it at your own risk.

congrats for owning this computer Smile
mOrpheuS
chaly133 wrote:
Hi,

I just got a new PC with

1 gig of RAM
AMD 4200+ dual core athlon
250gig hD
512mb nvidea Geforce 7600 GS.

Could someone talk me through how to make my pc best for gaming?

mabie new drivers or something?

and what settings i should use.

I dont know much about graphics so could you explain clearly.

thanks for any help.

Ahh...sweet !

Well, with that kind of a system these are the generic settings I personally would use :
Resolution - 1280x1024
Anti-Aliasing (if available in-game) - 4x (anything above is a waste of resources for little benefit)
Anisotropic filtering (if available in-game) - 8x (anything above is a waste of resources for little benefit)
Specular (shaders) - Highest possible
Shadows/Lighting - Highest/Best possible
Texture details - Highest possible (anything lower is a dishonour to a 512 MB graphics card Wink )

Basically, you should be able to run almost any current game at highest settings. Cool

With a dual core processor, you shouldn't have to worry too much about some small background applications running during gaming.
Teddy1
Yes i would agree, you should be able to run almost any current game with the highest settings. Overclocking your gfx card can cause over-heating so if you decide to overclock your gfx card i would suggest getting an extra fan or a water cooling system to keep your system at a steady and stable condition. Overclocking your gfx card makes things work faster but you stand a chance of burning it out. If you have a MIDI tower, with a water cooling system i would take the risk and overclock it. But if you have a desktop computer like myself i wouldn't bother risking it as there is alot of heat in such a small place, even with the water cooling system i still wouldn't risk it. Just my two cents Smile
diduknowthat
How much did the 7600GS 512mb cost? You should have considered getting the 7600gt, as it is superior even with 256mb at the same cost. What games do you want to play on it? You can try OCing the CPU, as the X2 4200 are pretty good at ocing.
2eXtreme
That rig could eat its way through the vast majority of modern day games with ease, congratulations on owning it! Personally, I would advise you to stay away from overclocking your processor, as this significantly reduces its life span. Furthermore, if the processor can't cope 100% with a particular game, e.g. Oblivion, theres no shame in reducing the graphics settings to give a smooth FPS and a more enjoyable gaming experience. Good luck with it, and your health to enjoy it!