FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please help regarding editing of index file

raaeft1
I edited my index file and inserted some javascript-based advertising codes taken from Commission Junction in it. I saved the file but when I accessed my site abundance.frih.net, the material had not been added. I also reset the write permission of the index file but to no avail.

Also, whenever I add the javascript-based codes in the index file in Front Page, I am unable to see the text in the browser. I have to add legacy link code and it works.
Please help me in resolving this problem.
shoes22
is the cache of your site cleared?
raaeft1
how do i clear the cache of my site
shoes22
for some websites in the public_html directory there is a folder called cache to make the loading of some elements on your site faster. if the folder is there clear everything inside of it, if it's not don't worry about it. Also you may want to clear your browser's cache
raaeft1
Should the write permission be set to 755 644 or 777

Maybe the problem is with the write permission
Bondings
Just press on ctrl and press on refresh a few times.

By the way, are you collecting advertisements on your website. Wink
raaeft1
yes i am collecting ads from commission junction and clickbank. I hope this is permitted.
Bondings
raaeft1 wrote:
yes i am collecting ads from commission junction and clickbank. I hope this is permitted.

Yes advertisements are allowed.

I was just making fun of the fact that you have like 10 time more ads than actual content/text - I hope you don't mind.
raaeft1
no i don't mind at all
in fact i am concurrently making the site and the forums.most of the text is so far in the forums. I would be integrating the material in the next couple of days.
Please go on giving suggestions as I am new to making sites and forums.
By the way, my query regarding javascript and legacy script is still unanswered. Please help me regarding that as a message from commission junction says that they prefer javascript codes and legacy codes would be discontinued after some time.
raaeft1
re the ads being ten times more than the text/content, i am myself flabbergasted.
The site was being made on an experimental basis and I just became a member of commission junction to advertise some products.I was surprised to receive over 99 offers so far. I have been choosy and have put the links of only 25-30 advertisers.
Bondings
raaeft1 wrote:
By the way, my query regarding javascript and legacy script is still unanswered. Please help me regarding that as a message from commission junction says that they prefer javascript codes and legacy codes would be discontinued after some time.

Well the javascript shouldn't have anything to do with the server, as it's interpreted by the browser. It's most likely a problem of placement. Why not try it on a separate, empty page?
brevity
raaeft1 wrote:
re the ads being ten times more than the text/content, i am myself flabbergasted.
The site was being made on an experimental basis and I just became a member of commission junction to advertise some products.I was surprised to receive over 99 offers so far. I have been choosy and have put the links of only 25-30 advertisers.

I don't know what this Comission Junction business is, but maybe I should check into it! Bondings is right, though, the best thing you can possibly have to attract advertisers (and therefore actual advertising dollar$) is quality content... and plenty of it.