FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What about?

Vanquish
What shall I make a website about? I want it to be fairly popular, and with content that gets updated so people come back alot, I like fishkeeping, but there is thousands of websites out about it now, people just don't bother looking anymore. I like modified cars, but i'm to young to drive, but know a little bit about them. I don't know what to do, if I make a forum like this, it will just be copying off this sort of thing, and it will never be this good. I like FPS gaming, but there is lots of gaming forums up now, people don't take a glance. I'm stuck for ideas, and wondered if someone could give me any good ideas?
PS - I'm not looking to spend any money, but I may buy a domain eventually.

Neal Wink
raver
whatever it is, make a website about a topic you like, otherwise you won't get very far with it.
Also, if you have quality content and keep visitors interested, slowly but surely you will have people coming to your website.
Good luck.
littlegiant
Have you ever done a search for something and couldn't find much information about it? That's what to do your website about and it's bound to be successful.
Vanquish
The only thing I can think of, is a forum for planted aquaria. I've had a search for them in the past, and haven't come across any. So do you think I should make a forum about planted aquaria? I know plenty of people who will be interested in it, it's just getting the information onto the site, which brings members, but how can I bring in members without information? I suppose I could make some guides and take pictures along the way, which is what i'm going to do now! Thanks alot for that guys!

Neal Wink
littlegiant
Yes well raver's advice is also very important. Doing a website on a topic that you feel passionate about helps tremendously in the inspiration department. Also after deciding on a topic for your site, you should do some keyword research immediately (using either Wordtracker or Keyword Discovery) in order to figure out what the best keywords in your information to target in order to bring traffic to your site via search engines.