FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cross development

sarapicoazul
Hi all,

I want to develop multiplatform gui applications. What language/software do you recommend?

CR
Georgeboy
I would advise you to use Java. Because of the Java Virtual Machine you only have to write one application that will work on multiplatforms...

You could also try to write something in C/C++. Here you will have to compile it for each platform you want to be compatible...

It is a choice you have to make for your own.

Greetz
redice
The cross develop env is not import if you really know about what is "programing". You need to study more about develop before ask a question like this. Thus, this is not a good place to ask such question.

Go some embedded linux forum, you may get more info.
lSaKenl
redice wrote:
The cross develop env is not import if you really know about what is "programing". You need to study more about develop before ask a question like this. Thus, this is not a good place to ask such question.

Go some embedded linux forum, you may get more info.

I dont think that way, after all this is the software forum, here we are people who know couple things about linux, and it wouldnt b necessary to go searching for help into a linux dedicated forum

about your question, i'd suggest Java, or TCK/TCL scripting, have you ever seen aMSN, it runs within windows too, all u need is a couple files.

I wouldn't suggest C/C++ after all, you would compile for both systems, and change the header files, because the GUI headerfiles are different for each system, also you would change a bit of your source code, well it would be some extra work for you ^^