FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

uploading html home page

Bender1337
i know html but how do u upload it i have never used cpanel or what ever it is called im a noob Very Happy
foggy
The most common way to upload files is called FTP, but for someone who is just starting out and doesn't need a large amount of files uploaded, I'd reccomend the File Manager built into cPanel. To access it, log in to your cPanel (located at http://your-name.frihost.net/cpanel) and click on "File Manager" (2nd line)

Now you will be in the root directory of your hosting space. To get to the area that outside internet users are able to see, click on the folder icon next to either "www" or "public_html" (they both lead to the same place)

Now all you have left to do is upload your files. This is a simple process. All you need to do is click on the big "Upload File(s)" link and use the "choose" buttons to select the files, and finally choose "Upload" located below them all.

Hope this helps. Feel free to make it clear if you don't understand a part of what I am trying to say, this was typed in a hurry.
Bender1337
thx alot now i understand
Vanquisher
search for Ace FTP by google. It's easy to use
Daniel15
I like FileZilla. I think that it's the best FTP client you can get!

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/