FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop

NjRocket
Hey guys, as most of you guys know, the free templates out there are pretty basic Sad, and they don't serve the needs of most people. Well, i'm thinking of using photoshop (not very good at it), to make a nice template. Ive seen some template that cost money and like the design, but im not going to pay for it. I've been looking at them and seem to have a basic knowledge of what i want. How hard is it to make a nice website template in photoshop, or recommend a different program for this kind of work. Thanks alot.
Alie
Start looking for any good web design tutorials for photoshop. Also working with channels for smoothing tables, and signature creatings for effects.
Then combine all you have in one page - it's not difficult. You'll realize that imagine any new template is harder than working on it in photoshop.

One more tip: every photoshop user has Adobe Image Ready program. Don't forget to use it for optimisating your pictures - lowering weight without destroying quality!
After finishing picture in photoshop go to the image ready, press optimisation and after that Save optimised as: That's all Wink

I hope this will help you in your web design!
NjRocket
Alie wrote:
Start looking for any good web design tutorials for photoshop. Also working with channels for smoothing tables, and signature creatings for effects.
Then combine all you have in one page - it's not difficult. You'll realize that imagine any new template is harder than working on it in photoshop.

One more tip: every photoshop user has Adobe Image Ready program. Don't forget to use it for optimisating your pictures - lowering weight without destroying quality!
After finishing picture in photoshop go to the image ready, press optimisation and after that Save optimised as: That's all Wink

I hope this will help you in your web design!

Ok, so if i start with a blank template in photoshop, what should the size be? Curious, let me know.
NjRocket
heres what i plan on doing, let me explain, this is a very simple idea of what i want to do. It will be more involved HOPEFULLY. Enjoy please use suggestions THANKS!

dragonflame
the key thing is to use layers. Depending on your photoshop version, the way the layers behave might differ.

best to use only single folders for the layers, as not everyone can afford the latest version. PS7 is still widely used I believe.

anyway, there ARE good templates out there if you google enough. Good luck on your project.
Alie
Quote:
Ok, so if i start with a blank template in photoshop, what should the size be? Curious, let me know.

Let's think together: most of the users use screen resolution 1024X762px.
Left, right and content blocks must be less than 950px.
Don't forget to give to your table percentage width (100% for example) and not static in pixels (1000px for example) - in this way you avoid template breaking.