FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone giong to be effected by the hurricane coming in?

_-WU-_-TANG-_
I live in Bristol, VA so I really don't have to worry about it but I know a lot of people on the East Coast of Virginia that are prepared to get it. I also have family in Florida that are getting ready aswell.
HoboPelican
_-WU-_-TANG-_ wrote:
I live in Bristol, VA so I really don't have to worry about it but I know a lot of people on the East Coast of Virginia that are prepared to get it. I also have family in Florida that are getting ready aswell.

Well, I've got a house rented in the Outer Banks in a couple of weeks. I assume it will be past, but I'm hoping the house isn't damaged.
Have you seen any timing estimates?
xorcist
HoboPelican wrote:

Well, I've got a house rented in the Outer Banks in a couple of weeks. I assume it will be past, but I'm hoping the house isn't damaged.
Have you seen any timing estimates?

Ya I live in South Florida. I saw that around 2pm on Tuesday its going to be around where I live somewhere Near Fort Lauderdale, but I dont know if it slowed down or anything. I dont think its going to be a big hurricane though, it looks like they just making a big deal about it. But the thing that really doenst make sense they havent fixed some of the buildings that have those blue tarps on there roof yet, and most of they will have alot of leaking over the next couple of days.
ocalhoun
Well, the main problem right now is it's hard to buy gas; there's either a long line or a sold out sign.
Everybody else may be worried about it, but hey, it's only a cat1 at best. All that really means to me is a bad thunderstorm that lasts all day. I don't expect any damage.
-+Enigma_84958+-
nope not at all
-SonyGamer
No, I am not. I actually live in Illinois - Inland, so I obviously won't get hit by any hurricanes anytime soon.
ocalhoun
That 'hurricane' passed right over me yesterday, so I went to the college bookstore to return a book, and then stopped at checkers and stayed in and played around with VMware for the rest of the day. The power didn't even go out! Half the time it wasn't even raining; it was even sunny in some places! That was one wimpy 'hurricane'.
I say 'hurricane', 'cause I'm pretty sure when it got to me it was a mere tropical storm.
It is disturbing to note, however, that that is the 5th named storm in 3 years to pass directly over where I live. (The eyes of all five were less than 40miles from me.)