FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

have problem on my sql

skynet
can someone tell me what is my

name of db

user name of db

and password of db

please i need to know..
thank u
foggy
First you need to create a MySQL user and a database. To do this, log in to your cPanel (located at http://your-name.frihost.net/cpanel) and click on "MySQL databases." Scroll down to the "Users:" sub-section and put in a username and password. That will by your user. Next, you need to create a database and add the user to it.

In the field preceded by "DB:" enter what you would like the database to be called. Finally, return to this page, and in the 2 select boxes above all the checkmarks make sure the database you just created and your newly created user is shown.

Now you may use this information on your website. If this was too hard to follow, let me know what your question is and I'll rephrase it.
skynet
i don't know.. it's write that is no db that his name is skynet_forum (thats is the name of my db(
skynet
can someone help me plz? i must have it..
thank u
Bondings
The skynet_forum is the name of your database. (all your databases start with skynet_)

The username and password are the ones your php files will need to provide to connect to the databases.

Code:
<?
$dbhost = 'localhost';      // The host name.
$dbname = 'skynet_forum';    // The name of the database.
$dbuser = '********';      // The name of the user of the database.
$dbpass = '********';      // The password of the database.

$conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die ('Error connecting to mysql');
mysql_select_db($dbname);
?>
Devil
ur db name can be anything u want

ur username and password is the one whihc ur host gave u when they created ur account ,
mathiaus
In Cpanel under mysql near the bottom you should see a section called users. in the small form below choose a username and a password then press return. go back to the bottom of the page above the users section and theres another form with two drop down menus. in the first one choose your username (notice its called yourcpanelusername_typedusername!) and in the second choose the database then click add user to database.

The user will now be yourcpanelusername_typedusername
for example if my cpanel username is mathiaus and i chose the username seal for that database the username would be mathiaus_seal

the password will be the one typed in when you chose a username
skynet
look what happend.. and plz talled me what to do..

at this picture
http://img286.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1124pg.jpg[/url]

edit- yuhu!! i did this.. ty for all u!! love u guys
Devil
that is u have created a Db skynet_forums

u have also made skynet_skynet

u can use any of this , can i ask you in which script ur using this

so that i can help u better Rolling Eyes