FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem With Getting A Girlfriend

Kurosaki-Ichigo
Well im just the shyest person in the world and nobody even bothers to talk to me. mmmmm .Im so lonely and i cant help it. I am cool and stuff but getting a girl friend is the hardest possible task. What should i do ? Sad
S3nd K3ys
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
Well im just the shyest person in the world and nobody even bothers to talk to me. mmmmm .Im so lonely and i cant help it. I am cool and stuff but getting a girl friend is the hardest possible task. What should i do ? Sad

Quit being a whimp. Sack up and start talking to chicks or you'll end up gay. (Not that that's a bad thing, you'll prolly get some easier that way) Wink
picsite
lol i dont believe that you'll go gay (again thats not a bad thing...one of my friends recently declared he was gay and we were all happy for him, but thats another story). Anywayz trust me im just like you, except maybe one step ahead. I talk to girls, the occasional hi, then sometimes a bit more. And it seems the more I say hi and smile, the more the girls want to talk with me, even be it just friends.
dac_nip
haha. That is a very weird problem! all I can say is, you don't need help finding a girlfriend, you're a guy, that should come naturally!
Citizen Kane
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Quit being a whimp. Sack up and start talking to chicks or you'll end up gay. (Not that that's a bad thing, you'll prolly get some easier that way) Wink

I THINK S3nd K3ys doesn't want you to get married ... Wink

Start wondering just WHY you are shy. then you can do something about this. I know this is a very hard part, but you still have to try. But in the end youll definately won't end up alone, trust us on this. Smile
Sadow
Maybe you should go do some sport where a lot of girls come or maybe you should go on vacation with a group of people to meet mrs. right.
mathiaus
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Not having a girlfriend does not make a person gay, and gay relationships are no easier to form for someone who is naturally shy (its actually probablly going to be harder having an orientation looked down upon by many).

My advice: don't try to get a girlfriend. I can't stand guys that just try to girlfriends, go out for a bit, dump them then find someone else. You don't need a girlfriend to live (though it's nice). Try just talking to some people, nothing serious or deep or anything just the odd 'hi'. You'll find someone you like and if they have any brains they'll realise they like you. Relationships in a whole are much easier when you both like each other and it means less effort.
About nobody talking to you, you've now seen what those people are like. Maybe join a club with people who share your interests?
HoboPelican
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:

Just a thought...don't worry about getting a girlfriend right now. That will come eventually. You say nobody talks to you. Does that mean you have no "friends" at all? If so, you need to get some friends before getting a girlfriend.
If that is the case, you just need to do the hard thing and start joining some clubs and stuff. Put yourself out there a bit and just be yourself...Let us know more about you!
raver
As a rule of life, the more you try to get something, the more you will end up beeing dissapointed. Some things just happen by atraction.
The only advice i can give you is be yourself, don't be afraid of what other people might think of you and try to be more social with your class mates for example, or your neighbours, and so on.
frozenhead
Nothing will happen if you stay like that. Shyness is not good for your health (in most cases). Start building your self-esteem by making a comfortable self. Talk with a lot of people with different walks in life. Then, try to talk with chicks with sweetness but not arrogant. If you can do it right maybe you'll be the next chick-magnet in town.

Good luck! Wink
Jaiye
There's quite a few problems with this one.

Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
Well im just the shyest person in the world

wrong, there will always be somebody 'more something' then you in the world. You have not been granted the right to have the ultimate pity party.

Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
nobody even bothers to talk to me.

because popular people don't need to go out of their way to have people to talk to. Apperantly you're not the popular sort, so until you're comfortable within a group of friends, YOU have to make the effort to start conversations.

Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
Im so lonely and i cant help it.

Unless you're ready to get out there and start making a real, and I do mean real effort to meet people, then counter-strike and loud music always helped repress those thoughts during my early high school days. seriously.

Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
I am cool and stuff

To who? To yourself? To your friends? To the girls you're trying to get with? You have to be active and entertaining to be cool. If you need tips on quick witty responses and fast paced speech (as much as i hate to love this show) Gilmore Girls actually is good for training your mind to think sharper. And if you need jokes that are easy to throw into conversation and are also damn hilarious, check out the comedian Brian Reagan.

Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
getting a girl friend is the hardest possible task

already talked about in this thread

Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
What should i do ? Sad

Work out, become louder, funnier (at least in a mainstream way). You know that bullshit you call shyness? It's really called a comfort zone, and you're just scared to step out of it. Ever see that movie What About Bob?, take the advice from that movie and just take baby steps. Slowly, day by day, try something small that you would have been afraid to do before. Each time you do, your confidence will build a bit more. And comfort zones are funny things, they're not static. The furthur you walk away from where the boundry was before, the bigger your zone gets to try to keep up with yourself.