FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPBB ERROR!

LostOverThere
Hi All,
I'm getting this error with the file bbcode.php in my PHPBB.
It says
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dss_rand() in /home/lostover/public_html/phpBB/includes/bbcode.php on line 238

If anyone knows how to fix that it would be great.
Thanks
ock1991
undefined function can mean two things : the author of the script had a typo/used a wrong function (or a deprecated one), or the function declaration was not included.

perhaps you would like to clean install the phpbb files. dss_rand is not a PHP function.
coreymanshack
yea just delete the whole forums and reinstall again...
SlowWalkere
dss_rand() may not be a PHP function, but it is a phpBB function.

It's defined in includes/functions.php and referenced 8 times throughout the phpBB code. It looks like includes/functions.php is included in common.php, which is in turn included in most of the main phpBB files.

The easy way out would be to re-install the whole forum. But, what's the fun in that?

A possible problem arises from the fact that bbcode.php (the file that incurred the error) does not directly include functions.php (the file that contains the defined function). If you're using a stock install of phpBB, then this shouldn't be a problem. But, if you've tampered with the files (install a mod, or tried to write some mods yourself) you could have accidentally caused this.

What file did you actually open in your browser when the error occurred? The function in bbcode.php that uses dss_rand() (make_bbcode_uid) is only referenced in five other files - posting.php, privmsg.php, admin/admin_users.php, includes/function_post.php, andincludes/usercp_register.php. So the trail of the error probably leads back to one of these files, or whatever file you attempted to access if its something else.

Good luck,
- Walkere
LostOverThere
Ah, dont worry guys, its fixed.
Someone at the phpBB forums helped me out.