FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Worst Film Ever?

greenwoodmonkey
I have seen possibly the worst film ever at the cinema.. called "The Ice Harvest" and starring well known actors John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton I wrongly assumed that this may be the promised laugh a minute.

The film has a plot, and yes some may say it is "Fargo-esque" (which is one of the finest films ever - as is anything the Cohen brothers seems to be).. but hell this is almost 2 hours of utter tedium...

So, the question is: what is the worst film you have ever seen? Have you ever walked out of the cinema? Personally I never have, preffering to egt my moneys worth and then slag a movie off rather than protest with my feet (as a few people seemed to be doing when I went to see this movie)...

If you want to be really lazy I suppose you could put any film that stars Cher in there, but I would rather know the actual movies..
jipmerite
I think the movie was called Space Odyssee 2000. After about 20 minutes my friends and I unanimously agreed that if we continued we'd have post-move psychological damage.

It's a rather old sci-fi movie. Was so so boring!
HDirtwater
jipmerite wrote:
I think the movie was called Space Odyssee 2000. After about 20 minutes my friends and I unanimously agreed that if we continued we'd have post-move psychological damage.

It's a rather old sci-fi movie. Was so so boring!

I hope you're not referring to 2001: A Space Oddysey. It is by far, one of the finest acheivements in filmmaking in the last 50 years, especially when you consider that at the time it was filmed, we hadn't even landed on the moon yet. Yes it is slow, but a wonderful film, IMO.

The worst movie ever made (and countless surveys will back me up) is Plan 9 From Outer Space. Truly bad stuff here.
photographerguy
I am a HUGE movie fan. The only movie I ever walked out of a theater was Gremlins 2. I've seen some bad ones, but after paying 8-9USD I wait and hope it gets better.

Hellboy was bad, I almost walked out because my wife was complaining.

I actually would have walked out on a few Disney/animated/girlie/chick movies, but I was trying to get laid, so these don't count for this question. lol.

I can't think of a few right now, but there were a few that I really wanted to see at the movies, but never got around to it. So when I ended up renting it, I turned it off because it was so bad. Then I was thankful I didn't see it at the show.

I forgot Starship Troopers. So bad.
TarsajumaClan
Starship Troopers was awesome lol. Course I'm a big Neil Pattrick Harris fan.

The last movie i saw that i disliked was king kong. The special effects were amazing but it was to long and monotonus.

Worst movie ever: that ben affleck, J-lo movie, sorry i forgot the title.
rightclickscott
Plan 9 From Outer Space

"He's been murdered, and somebody's responsible."
HoboPelican
rightclickscott wrote:
Plan 9 From Outer Space

Damn you RCScott! You beat me to it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
None of the other movies come close. Bad writing, bad production, bad acting, bad processing...It has it all. Bela Lugosi died a few weeks into filming, so they had Ed Woods dentist walk through the rest of his scenes with a Dracula cape over his face! Ah. Good times. Good times..

Quote:
General Roberts: [the General is explaining why a transmission from the aliens has been cut short] "Thats the end of that one. Atmospheric conditions in outer space often interfere with transmitting"

Octaeder
Worst movie I have seen: Torque.

Reason: Scenes such as one guy getting hung by a bike chain to which someone else replies, "Now that's irony". NO IT ISN'T. This guy was involved in a violent bike gang, the idea that he'd be killed in a violent way with part of a bike strikes me as more inevitable.

Failing that Lawnmower Man 2 and Things To Do in Denver When You're Dead were both terrible
Hojo
some of the worst movies i have seen would be Cube 2 and Cube 3, i am still unable to put into words how much me and my friends thought those movies sucked...
cavey
I really hated "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". It was so bad, the main actor even warned us in the movie!
Ms.Pseudo
I could earn a LOT of points by making list of bad movies I've seen (I wonder , why did I even look at them, and how can I reveal that to you Rolling Eyes ).

Invasion of Beegirls... If you ever saw this, you wouldn't have to ask why this is so bad...

Charlies Angels 2 , Unbelievebly stupid and special efects were so poorly and with a bad taste made, that it was just incomprehensible, how was it possible in the movie wich costs so much. I had to look this one for an hour just to be sure, it was so bad, and I didn't just imagine everything.

I could go on with my list, but I think this is all I can tolereta for one day

Smile

EDIT: One film, that I really need to mention, is Bulletproof. Not that with
Damon Wayans and Adam Sadler, but this absurd and stupid macho-supertank-film.
bigdan
Crossroads with Britney Spears. I can't believe I paid to see that movie Shocked
Nigeria
The worst films to me are the sequel to cheaper by the dozen and the 2nd sequel to bring it on. I thought both movies were horrible.
photographerguy
To comment on a few of the previous posts.

Cube 2 and 3 - My wife really liked the first one, I watched it with her and thought it was bad. I can't imagine the sequels.

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead - I actually liked this movie.
I'm a big fan of gangster/crime movies though.

I watched The Ice Harvest last night, it makes this movie list of horrible movies for sure. So much promise, good actors, but such a bad, bad movie.

Gigli is the very bad movie with J-Lo and Ben, they are gangsters or something, I never saw it, but heard it should be on this list.
rightclickscott
HoboPelican wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
Plan 9 From Outer Space

Damn you RCScott! You beat me to it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
None of the other movies come close. Bad writing, bad production, bad acting, bad processing...It has it all. Bela Lugosi died a few weeks into filming, so they had Ed Woods dentist walk through the rest of his scenes with a Dracula cape over his face! Ah. Good times. Good times..

Quote:
General Roberts: [the General is explaining why a transmission from the aliens has been cut short] "Thats the end of that one. Atmospheric conditions in outer space often interfere with transmitting"

Or how about "Visitors? That would indicate visiting!"
Moey
I thought Bicentennial Man was very bad. I never find a movie terribly bad, but I thought that was very aweful.
greenwoodmonkey
photographerguy wrote:
I watched The Ice Harvest last night, it makes this movie list of horrible movies for sure. So much promise, good actors, but such a bad, bad movie.

I'm so glad I have found someone who agrees with me... the people I went with thought it was good... but then again, they were Thai and were reading the subtitles, so there might have been some new jokes added that I couldn't see.......

As for Bicentential Man, I am a 29 year old hetrosexual male, and that is one of the few films that makes me cry. That and It's a Wonderful Life.. yes I know its basically a remake of Pinochio, but hell that ending just makes me blub... there done it, told the world... no comments please on my sexuality or political stance, I am not proud of it, but can't hide anymore.
spaz-o
The Birds.

I don't care how fancy or scary it was at it's time, it's crap. And everyone's so stupid.

"Oh no, the killer birds are just outside! Quick, children, come outside and RUN AWAY FROM SHELTER!"

No, they never said it, but yes, they did do it.
Zpanzer
def. Charlies Angels 1 and 2, i didnt like them at all, tooo much spy and hot girls over it, didnt fall in my taste. Im more a James bond type with good old fashion tuxedo wearing guy with a watch with lots and lots of functions, thats why i cant wait to see the new James Bond movie, even a danish actor got his role in it as a bad guy.
photographerguy
I watched part of a movie last night called Lightspeed. It is so bad, I thought it was a spoof, but it was not. The hero can run as fast as the speed of light. He wears a cheesy blue costume and mask with a cape.
Lee majors is in it, trying to be serious. Horrible special effects.

The Sci-Fi channel shows lots of horrible B-movies all of the time. I live in Michigan, USA, but I think this cable channel is nationwide. Check it out.
They always show movies titled Octopus, Spider, Killer Snakes, etc. So funny and bad.
Ludo Lambrechts
The Lord of the Rings series must be the worst collection of films I have ever seen. The story was okay, but the presentation was horrible. 9 hours split up into 3 parts left me sleeping through most of it.

Ludo
Tulkamir
Any of the gore flicks are pretty high up there. No story, bad action, bad acting, bad dialogue, just a bunch of blood and guts. Yay. (I mean shit like The Hills have Eyes and Texas Chainsaw Masacre)
QrafTee
greenwoodmonkey wrote:
I have seen possibly the worst film ever at the cinema.. called "The Ice Harvest" and starring well known actors John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton I wrongly assumed that this may be the promised laugh a minute.

The film has a plot, and yes some may say it is "Fargo-esque" (which is one of the finest films ever - as is anything the Cohen brothers seems to be).. but hell this is almost 2 hours of utter tedium...

So, the question is: what is the worst film you have ever seen? Have you ever walked out of the cinema? Personally I never have, preffering to egt my moneys worth and then slag a movie off rather than protest with my feet (as a few people seemed to be doing when I went to see this movie)...

If you want to be really lazy I suppose you could put any film that stars Cher in there, but I would rather know the actual movies..

Simply said, Super Mario Bros. the Motion Picture. They basically did EVERYTHING WRONG. I mean they screwed up Yoshi, they humanized Bowser (King Koopa back in the days), and they just humanized everything that wasn't really supposed to be human. Another movie would be Final Fantasy: The Spirits' Within because that was simply plain crap that is a disgrace to the Final Fantasy franchise. Don't ask me for a reason because if you saw it, you'd know, if you didn't don't watch it if you like Final Fantasy in general.
Abysmo
QrafTee wrote:

Simply said, Super Mario Bros. the Motion Picture. They basically did EVERYTHING WRONG. I mean they screwed up Yoshi, they humanized Bowser (King Koopa back in the days), and they just humanized everything that wasn't really supposed to be human. Another movie would be Final Fantasy: The Spirits' Within because that was simply plain crap that is a disgrace to the Final Fantasy franchise. Don't ask me for a reason because if you saw it, you'd know, if you didn't don't watch it if you like Final Fantasy in general.

On that note, I would like to forward Street Fighter the movie to contend with Mario Bros. not only in the "Worst Computer Game Converted to Movie" catergory, but in contention for "Worst Movie of All Time" as well.

I'm a big fan of somethingawful.com's parody of the IMDB, "The Awful Movie Database." There truly are some terrible movie that they've reviewed there lol.
HDirtwater
Ludo Lambrechts wrote:
The Lord of the Rings series must be the worst collection of films I have ever seen.

That must be why the movies won all those Oscars. While they were all very long, the storytelling and filmmaking are outstanding.
greenwoodmonkey
Abysmo wrote:

I'm a big fan of somethingawful.com's parody of the IMDB, "The Awful Movie Database." There truly are some terrible movie that they've reviewed there lol.

Oh my god, I had completely forgotton about that. Or maybe I had just hidden it in the recesses of (warped) mind.....

I have HBO in Bangkok and am subjected to almost 24 hours of bad movies on there... one today was called Frankenfish.. possibly the worst Anaconda (another terrible movie) / Jaws rip off I have ever seen.... bad acting, bad special effects, even worse ending....

How do some of these people find the money and the backers to make these movies? Does nobody ever stop and say "hang on, this is cack?"

Oh and to add to the list of bad movies as a whole.. how about anything with Hilary Duff in? her sacarine coated vom-fests leave me chilled to the core....
greenwoodmonkey
Abysmo wrote:

Oh my god, I had completely forgotton about that. Or maybe I had just hidden it in the recesses of (warped) mind.....

I have HBO in Bangkok and am subjected to almost 24 hours of bad movies on there... one today was called Frankenfish.. possibly the worst Anaconda (another terrible movie) / Jaws rip off I have ever seen.... bad acting, bad special effects, even worse ending....

How do some of these people find the money and the backers to make these movies? Does nobody ever stop and say "hang on, this is cack?"

Oh and to add to the list of bad movies as a whole.. how about anything with Hilary Duff in? her sacarine coated vom-fests leave me chilled to the core....
comonsaree
I had my share of bad bad movies in my time, since I'm a movie addict, but the worst last movie I seen was Ultraviolet, I can only say: Oh My God!

Don't get me wrong, I love Milla Jovovich, and I seen her in great movies like: Resident Evil, The Fifth Element and The Story of Joan of Arc, but Ultraviolet has absolutely no sence, action or anything besides special effects for that matter. It's pure computer made movie, even the skin color is modified from a screen to another. Motorcycles that run on buildings, a woman that kills hundreds of armed men with only 2 guns (which never seem to run out of ammo).

Well I could go on and on about how sorry I was to watch the movie, but I'll stop here so I wont bore you guys too much.
zamolxes
wow, this thread is amazing!!!
Art movies sem to be considered amongst the worst... hehehe. Actually, a film like Space Oddissey 2001 can be seen as a boring movie, because it's so slow, but that sooo depends on what you're looking for in a movie. Most people just want to be entertained, I guess, and that's absolutely normal and OK Smile But where do you draw the line between entertainment and cheap crap? Hollywood has this tendency to... cheap-crapitise so many productions, just because they want them to appeal to a broader audience. I don't know, maybe it's not only that, maybe it's the way you create the movie - recipes are great, but when they kill creativity, that's bad. I mean, I think using a tried out method to work is important, and learning from the people who made movies before you, all this is good, but then using methods, recipes, cheap tricks... all this to replace your creativity, that's.... monstruous. I'd guess most movies made on this planet are fairly bad Smile both large and small productions alike. Just having a load of cash to invest in your movie doesn't mean it'll guarantee some quality... yes, of course, you'll be able to spend money on famous actors and fabulous sets and CG effects, but at the core of any movie lies a story, a concept, some ideas... and that's what no amount of money can replace. Great directors are great, in my oppinion, because they build their movies around awesome ideas. Effects and fancy graphics are not a new craze anymore, so now we're left with good old story, concept, idea...

Every now and then I see a movie and I can't believe "someone actually did it, someone actually had the idea of doing this, wow!" So I'm watching it and I keep being genuinely surprised by the story turns... and I feel the freshness and originality of the plot... and it's a fantastic experience. But this is rare... I wish creativity would be more important than "appeal to a broad audience" and using the good old recipes to make movies.
zamolxes
Oh, so here's a bad bad bad movie I've seen recently, with a ton of money and hard work invested into it, and fabulous CG: Superman Returns.

I love Kevin Spacey, he's one of the coolest actors ever, and he sort of saved some of the film's scenes, but you can tell it was him, and not the director, behind the trully fresh and interesting ideas. That man can create awesome moments, he's got great presence, he's got a magnet to him, very appealing dude, and very intelligent. Well, in this movie he had very little to do... and not much creative work. Still, he's a magnetic presence on screen. And still, despite his awesome performance, the movie is bad. If the director doesn't have ideas and can't actually... push the actors into doing even more than they thought they'd be able to do... when the actor him/herself is fighting to raise the quality of the scene by creating something interesting out of.... nothing, out of cheap screenplay, it becomes obvious, I think. And to me, it's painful to watch.
rightclickscott
greenwoodmonkey wrote:
I have HBO in Bangkok and am subjected to almost 24 hours of bad movies on there...

That's nothing, I have On Demand, and for some reason, Mike keeps playing Sidekicks over and over again because he likes to see Chuck Norris roundhouse kick people. He also keep quoting the now top 100 facts saying "The only reason Chuck Norris didn't win an Oscar for Sidekicks was because noone in the right mind would give Chuck Norris a blunt metal object." I hate the people I live with...

On the plus side, theres the rare occasion when I'll find a good movie like Clerks somewhere on there...
reddishblue
Nigeria wrote:
The worst films to me are the sequel to cheaper by the dozen and the 2nd sequel to bring it on. I thought both movies were horrible.

I agree i saw it in a long bus trip, i couldn't even move I now have nightmares about that day Crying or Very sad
shinnoyami
garbadge pale kids (i'm ashamed to have seen this) it's an old 80s movie..

as mentioned before, Gigli. made me hate ben aflec.

curse of dracula. i payed three dollars for it, i still want my money back.

house of.. something. it's based on a zombie video game. and you can deffinately tell.
QrafTee
Abysmo wrote:
QrafTee wrote:

Simply said, Super Mario Bros. the Motion Picture...

On that note, I would like to forward Street Fighter the movie to contend with Mario Bros. not only in the "Worst Computer Game Converted to Movie" catergory, but in contention for "Worst Movie of All Time" as well.

You know what I totally forgot about Street Fighter: The Movie. I guess it's one of those movies that are so awful they fall to the back of your head so you never have to remember it again. That "Hadoken" was such a shame, it could've been the climax of a horrible horrible movie, but instead it was a let down though that wasn't a surprise once you're that far into the movie. *sigh* Now I have to remember it all over again.
bulek
You must watch movie Ghost of Angela Webb. It is very overrated on IMDB (7.1/10 - only 31 votes) and made for approx. 100$ Very Happy
pudovkin
"Dungeon and dragons".
Lousy special effects, crappy acting, horrible script and characters.
(course, the day I saw it I was not in the mood to watch that kind of genre)
MirekB
In my opinion the worst film I ever seen was "Lost in Space". I'm really science-finction fanatic but the plot in this movie was to much fantastic for me. Exept realy nice effects there is nothing worth seeing..
generalgazz
Triple X, the first one.

Nothing is so bad as this... they just try to copy off other films, and the stunts are pathetic.... especially the one where his bike jumps the fence by doing a skid... I mean WTF how does a bike launch 30 feet in the air from doing a sideways skid?
lesqueege
The attack of the killers tomatoes
JoeFriday
two really horrible movies that should have been infinitely better considering the 'talent' and budget involved:

Waterworld.. a vaguely idiotic rip-off of the Mad Max series starring the nearly talentless Kevin Costner... this movie has so many holes in the plot that you can use it as a pool filter.. some movies require you to suspend disbelief in order to enjoy them.. this movie requires you to suspend intelligence in order to not chew your arm off in order to drop the tv remote

Alexander.. starring Angeline Jolie, Colon Farrel, and several other recognizable actors who I'm sure wish they weren't recognized appearing in this movie.. the bad reviews in www.imdb.com for this movie are actually better written than the movie itself..

Quote:
1) Start off by miscasting every single actor. It can be said as simple as that. There wasn't a single actor in this movie, who was meant to play whichever role he or she actually played.

2) Have an entire orchestra playing the harp non-stop. Just to set the mood.

3) Turn Alexander the Great into a whimpering, sexually frustrated Fabio.

4) Shoot every battle-scene in such a manner, that no-one will have the slightest idea of what's going on. Of course, use shaky cam so you really get a feeling of being right in the middle of it. If the battle suddenly gets to a point where it's too easy to follow, screw up the color contrasts.

5) Have every Macedonian talk in an Irish accent, every Greek in a British accent and everyone should just mumble

6) Make sure not to have a point with the movie. If the audience does not leave the theater thinking "OK, what was he trying to say?" you've failed.

7) Waste two-and-a-half hours of a three-hour movie about the greatest warlord of all time on ridiculous philosophizing.

Cool Make sure to have at least six or seven fake scars on every single actor in the movie.

9) Hire additional make-up-artists. If you want to create the worst movie in history; every single actor has to wear way too much make-up.

10) If there's anything even decent in the movie; re-shoot it. Every single scene has to be worse than the one before. This will leave the audience in one of two perfect states; either they will be laughing so hard, that they cant actually watch the film, or they'll be crying over how badly a really cool theme can be turned into the Worst Movie In History.

Quote:
I'm giving this film one star for the reason that it has absolutely no excuse whatsoever for its wretchedness. With a cast like it has, a budget ample enough for three good films, and a legend-centered plot sure to pique the viewer's interest well before the movie is even seen, it delivers a seriously despicable, laughable fiasco.

Of course it's set in ancient Greece. What's interesting is that Alexander sounds straight out of Dublin. And his mother? Why, it's Angelina Jolie, and she's...straight out of Prince Vlad of Tepes' castle in Transylvania. That's right, Vlad of the Dracul. I suppose miss Jolie spent some time watching Gary Oldman deliver his line, "Leesten to Dem! Di tcheeldren ov da nyyaat; vhat sveet muzik dai mike..." or "Alexander, Oi know vat veemen vi-ll do in yore loif..." Yes, it is that bad. So far no good.

As for Alexander's supposedly legendary tactical genius and indomitable character, here instead the viewer gets to watch the boy from Dublin with painfully obvious bleached streaks in his hair and freshly tinted eyebrows look at Jared Leto countless times with a facial expression that's half "Mommy can I have another cookie?" and half irritable bowel syndrome. Leto reciprocates, and captivates movie-goers with a luxurious dark mane of Paul Mitchell's finest work and eyes that make Dakota Fanning look Chinese.

Kilmer is wasted here, as is Hopkins. I didn't give a damn about either of their characters. Watch it yourself to see if you do.

As a boy I was fascinated by Greek mythology, Greek Tragedy and Comedy. I jump at any chance I can get to tack on extra elements of wonder to my understanding of these subjects. At least I learned something new by watching Alexander. His mother was a vampire wanna-be snake temptress and Alexander's horse had more charisma than he did. Yup, Alexander's horse gets my nomination for best actor.

Quote:
After reading the comments on here, I have to say that I am stunned that anybody liked this film at all. I don't lightly say that I rank this as the worst non-B grade movie I've ever seen--ever. To begin with, all of the "Greeks" in this movie have Irish accents. Well, most of them, that is. Inexplicably, Angelina Jolie has a middle-eastern-meets-Russian kind of accent, and some have no accent at all. This hodge-podge of ridiculously out of place accents was so distracting that it was hard to stay focused on the movie. I laughed out loud when one of the soldiers actually said "aye" when confronting Alexander--I almost expected him to follow up by asking for "me Lucky Charms". I kept wondering how it was even possible that nobody in the production chain ever caught this absurdity and put a stop to it.

Beyond that glaring issue, the movie was bombastic and melodramatic to the extreme, it was too long, and the battle scenes were incomprehensible. I almost turned it off about 10 times, but I kept thinking there was no way it could get any worse. It did. Horrible. Oh, and did I mention the accents?
guggs
"Out of Africa" and "The colour purple" spring to mind as long, tediously boring films. "Traffic" was just appalling.

Any so-called comedy with Steve Martin in it will be up there with the worst ones too.
gandalfthegrey
Gigli

The Invention Of Lying with Ricky Gervais was so bad I walked out.

My friends have told me Troll 2 is sooooo bad it's good.

Here is a list of movies that are soooo bad they're good: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/showgirls/news/1868670/25_movies_so_bad_theyre_unmissable