FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What about Classic Games?

Do you wish Classic Games or Latest Games?
Classic Games
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Latest Games
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

samarthyam
How many of you here collect classic games.

Is anybody interested to share their classic games. mmm Wink
photon
i dont collect classic games, but like to play them whenever possible... i personally have some games and whenever time permits, i play a round or two...
Whong
I'd say that I like both, it is really relaxing sometimes to just sit and play Super Mario Bros 1 or 3 or World. It is really fun!

Both new and old are good!Very Happy

That's what I think!
gr3gg3r
The classics are still great. I still have my Nintendo 64, which I have actually played recently with many friends. You'd be surprised how fun it can be when you get back into it.

Any other system before that I have emulators for on my computer. Definetely not as fun as the console games though. Those were the days.
althalus
I love the classic 2d pixely RPG's that you don't see much of nowadays. I guess both classic and newer games work, but they work on different levels. If I want nice gameplay, I go classic. If I want stunning graphics, I get a new one.

(Of course, since I love the pixely I guess graphics would be split between the two)..
ddukki
Classic games? As in arcades? The only real arcade game I've played is Marvel vs Capcom 2. I don't know if that counts as a classic. I do love me some Bubble Bobble, though.
ThornsOfSorrow
I'm not sure if by "classic" you mean anything older than the current systems, or if we're going back to arcade games and Atari, but I recently pulled out my Sega Genesis and played all of my old Sonic games (2, 3, original, Sonic + Knuckles, Spinball) for weeks until none of them would start anymore. Crying or Very sad It was fun while it lasted though.
Ka7raK
I know people love classics but what's that? Can't you move on with your life? I like playing classics once a year but that's it! Some people still stick to good ol' Packman and stuff like that. The reason is they can't play the newest games and/or just love the past time. When you're dumped by your partner, don't you guys move on with your lives. What's the point saying the games were better? Of course they weren't!
Whong
Ka7raK wrote:
I know people love classics but what's that? Can't you move on with your life? I like playing classics once a year but that's it! Some people still stick to good ol' Packman and stuff like that. The reason is they can't play the newest games and/or just love the past time. When you're dumped by your partner, don't you guys move on with your lives. What's the point saying the games were better? Of course they weren't!

Classics games are really good, and I think it is good that people still play them. Games like Super Mario Bros are really great or Donkey Kong Country etc. I also liked GTA 2 though the camera was from up. Classic 2D games are really great! If you don't like them that much, well that is your problem!

I do agree that we should also play the new games, but every one has different taste!
Wink
Josso
I like both, I have the latest card a nice computer setup to play the newest memory and graphically intensive games but also collect Sega's and play old DOS games from time to time.
hofodomo01
hmm...how about some good oldies, like scorched earth and wolf 3d. anybody still play those? or better yet, anyone still have machines that can run those?
exarkun
Classic Games? Do you mean like PacMan, Snake And Ladder, and of course, Super Mario.
Whong
exarkun wrote:
Classic Games? Do you mean like PacMan, Snake And Ladder, and of course, Super Mario.

Yeah! All those games and many more! Baloon fight, Pong, Ice Climbers, etc.

All those great games of the 80s and 90s! Wink Idea
amaret
I love the old 8 bit stuff. I still have a couple of working original nintendos around that i get out and play with friends. they are still fun. DUCK HUNT RULES!!!
Ozzy
Classic Games!

Doom
Doom II
Super Mario Brothers
Duke Nukem 3D

Just to name a few...
darth_revan
of course Classic games!

-LBA
-LBA2
-Sanitarium
-Fallout
-Fallout2
-Arcanum
-Baldur's Gate
-Baldur's Gate II
-Planescape Torment

Yeah, those are classsics, and i surely like them more than those new games that offer good graphics but no sense...
Whong
But what about the new games? New Super Mario Bros is a really good game. Tops even classics but Super Mario Bros the LOst Levels was really great! It was one of the best Mario games ever! Wink Idea

I wish something like that would come for Wii! Wink Idea
linkman2004
I'm kinda tossed up between both. While I really dig the classic consoles -- mainly for the old Marios,2ds Zeldas, and SNES Final Fantasy games -- I also really love the modern games. I mean, let's face it, how do you beat a game like Smash Bros. Melee or the Wind Waker?

Although I will say that some genres were better on the classic consoles. Such as RPGs. Okay, that's one genre, so sue me. Razz
Hanpusu-kun
Sega Megadrive <3
A good console with a huge amount of classic games