FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP problem on Server

dickyzin
I am getting the following error message since about Friday or Saturday. It was working fine before and I didn't manipulate any files. The problem is still occurring.

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in .... on line 104.

Can someone help me out? I think some settings on the server has changed.
Bondings
There is a new php and apache version on the server. Also open_basedir is already enabled for quite some time now.
dickyzin
Is save_mode also enabled in the new settings? I'm still having the same problem.
Bondings
dickyzin wrote:
Is save_mode also enabled in the new settings? I'm still having the same problem.

No, that one is definately off, it causes way too much problems.
SpellcasterDX
What version of php/apache did Frihost upgrade to? I didn't hear anything.
dickyzin
According to what I see in my Direct Admin, the version of Apache is 1.3.37.
Also Frihost upgraded PHP to version 4.4.4. I think the new PHP version does not allow CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION to be activated when open_basedir is enabled.

Anyone know of a work around?
SpellcasterDX
Use an "include" function?
lol Sorry, but I'm not too good with php yet
Bondings
SpellcasterDX wrote:
What version of php/apache did Frihost upgrade to? I didn't hear anything.

Just some security upgrades, there shouldn't be much changes, apart from the php version. (not like an upgrade to Apache 2 or php 5 which would definately have a lot of problems/consequenses for the websites)
Quote:
Anyone know of a work around?

Unfortunately I have no idea if this is caused by the new php version or how to activate/enable it on your website. To be honest, it's the first time I hear about that option.
SpellcasterDX
@ Bondings
Well, I dunno, but a certain function on my site stopped working. (Oddly enough, after you said you upgraded it, like a few days ago) I'm not sure though, it's probably not the newer php version, cause, a person I know also has this function (on anotehr host, of course) and his function stopped working, too.
Ms.Pseudo
I'm not sure, is my question now in right place, but at least I didn't start a new topic Very Happy. I have a PHPBB on my site, and now I have there a problem. Sometimes, not always when I or other members of my forum, tries to submit a message to forum we get this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpBB2/posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This didn't happen at beginning, so I don't understand why it comes now and how could I (computer-dymmy) fix it. Please help me!

Edit. You can find my forum at here. Its in Finnish I'm afraid, but maybe you can still get some information you need from there,
Bockman
Ms.Pseudo from what i've read on other identic post it sometimes needed CHMOD 777 on the posting.php file. try to CHMOD the file and check if it works.
Ms.Pseudo
Bockman wrote:
Ms.Pseudo from what i've read on other identic post it sometimes needed CHMOD 777 on the posting.php file. try to CHMOD the file and check if it works.

Thanks very much. I tried to find topic at my problem, but didn't see that one. Thanks Very Happy
Rhysige
Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in ... on line 2050

Same error same problem... perhaps we can use .htaccess to alter something? This problem obviously wont affect a huge number of websites since I doubt curl functions are used by alot of them Razz