FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diferrent Hosting Plans

alkady
I think this will really Benefit Frihost in terms of Saving Space and Such. What I wanted to suggest is a for Frihost to start offering multiple type of Hosting Packages, Such as 125 MB Space and 5 GB in Bandwidth for example and have people have a chance to stock up on points or something like that.

eg.
Account Plan One:
250 MB Space
10 GB Bandwidth

Reset: 45 Points

Account Plan Two
125 MB Space
5 GB Bandwidth

Reset: 90 Points

Account Plan Three
75 MB Space
3 GB Bandwidth

Reset: 120 Points

The benefits are:

More accountscan be put per server because people will start taking smaller accounts. Who actually need 250 MB? My Site uses only 40 MB and most of that is from Databases and such and most Free Accounts are Small Time Vanity Sites to Promote a Band or Something.

Usually as I noticed, Most people consuming large amount of resourses are those who tend to take advantage of all the possibility the Account has to offer!

Another benefit is people still have to post so no losses there.

and if the point stocking up isnt something that you may favor, You could always go with another system like longer negativity before the account is shut, Like -50 for Plan 2 and -75 for Plan 3.
niranvv
Thats a realy good Idea!
For me, the maximum storage size needed is only less than 100 MB!
If this plan implemented, then, that will also decrease the load on the server!
Laughing

Niran
Bondings
This will only make account creation much harder. And if you don't use the whole 250MB, then it's not being used, no matter which limit the plan has. Wink
coreymanshack
yea, it's not freeing up any load on the server... i think it is good how they have it...it's true that some people dont need everything they have to offer... but different people use different parts of the hosting...