FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

VHS to DVD

Tasa
So know this is possible and the computer I am getting Monday will make it easy with the tv turner and everything. But once I have the home movie on my computer what would I need to make a DVD that would player in a standard DVD player. I need something easy to use and free or at least cheap.
SamiTheBerber
Tasa wrote:
So know this is possible and the computer I am getting Monday will make it easy with the tv turner and everything. But once I have the home movie on my computer what would I need to make a DVD that would player in a standard DVD player. I need something easy to use and free or at least cheap.

There is lots of possibilites to make VHS to DVD. I have GrabBee X and it has good software to make that kind of operation. It has also possibility to edit videos.
budazz
but you need other hardware so you can transfer it and make it digitalized so you can edut it...
Tasa
budazz wrote:
but you need other hardware so you can transfer it and make it digitalized so you can edut it...

Hardware is not an issue the computer I am getting has it built in.

Thanks SamiTheBerber I will take a look at the software.
Meggsy
Probs not the best way, but I record the VHS onto my video camera and then burn a DVD from that... hey... whatever works.
japasco
Really simple work with cyberlink Power Producer, you can find details in http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_3_ENU.html and can download the trial version in http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/trials_3_ENU.html

Regards,
diduknowthat
You can get a video capture card. This way, you run the tape player to the capture card via the yellow cable (forgot what its called Embarassed ). Then, depending on the connections the card support, the one I use, I got a 1/8" minijack to stero coax cable adapter, which runs to my line in on the soundcard.
PseudoKnight
He said he already has a TV tuner.

The software you should look for has what's called "DVD Authoring" and there's various free and commercial programs that do this. You want to also make that it can convert the tv tuner's output file format. Depending on your DVD authoring application, you may need a seperate program to convert this to the DVD compliant format, MPEG-2.
Tasa
Thanks for all the info. I have it worked out I have the windows media center on the computer and it seems to do most of what I want the only issues I have is the editing the video. It is recorded to the dvr-ms format and there are not a lot of options when it comes to video editing...anyone have one they could recommend?
missmurder
Just use Pinnacle Studio. You can edit it, and then im pretty sure it has an option to burn to a dvd