FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IRC Gaming

Havingadump
I used to play an online game called Dark Future, this game had an IRC server for the community to use, and on this server was a channel #Five.

The owner of the channel (who went under the name of Five) used to create turn based RPG games in IRC script.

Wondering if anyone else has played similar games ?
Tasa
The only IRC game I have every played was AFK RPG and much like the name suggests you would just go AFK in the game channel and you would have adventures gain level even fight other AFKers all the while you did nothing. And yet I am happy to say I went to max level on more then one channel. I am the champ at AFK. Laughing
Havingadump
Yeah, I have played that before, but my parents used to complain that I left my PC on doing nothing.
I did try to explain the whole concept of AFK RPG, but they didn't seem to take much notice.
Tasa
Havingadump wrote:
Yeah, I have played that before, but my parents used to complain that I left my PC on doing nothing.
I did try to explain the whole concept of AFK RPG, but they didn't seem to take much notice.

Yea my ex wife was the same way. Not that she complained that I left the computer on. She just turned it off once and I tried to explain why I wanted it running she did (she is sweet that way) but I think it made her worry about my computer use.
INeedHelp
Hmmmm I haven't used IRC chat a whole lot...But the turn based RPGs sound kind of cool, especially when used with the chatting program. AFK RPG sounds like the best though Razz.
Havingadump
Yeah, it's ok, but I prefer the RPG games.
Tasa
AFK RPG is kind of a joke in my mind just something ti check every now and again to see what is going on. The only time I do it is when there is a chance for a prize to the first person to reach a certain lvl
NewGuyinTown
Havingadump wrote:
I used to play an online game called Dark Future, this game had an IRC server for the community to use, and on this server was a channel #Five.

The owner of the channel (who went under the name of Five) used to create turn based RPG games in IRC script.

Wondering if anyone else has played similar games ?

Created a RPG game using IRC script, eh?

I don't like the sound of that. I never like text based games. I don't like games that is displayed on browsers, custom games in Blizzard, and games like these...