FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I...

Spyder
go into my ftp server? I installed SmartFTP, but i dunno what to put down as my ftp address, login name and password. my domain is http://soldat.frihost.net/

thanks in advance
althalus
Connect to ftp.soldat.frihost.net with your username and password and it should work. Remember to put all files in the public_html folder. Smile
Spyder
ok thanks

but in the public_html, there all these other folders that i didnt create, and inside them it has like .htaaccess or something. Can i delete all of them?
Daniel15
These folders are actually for the FrontPage extensions.

Go into your cPanel, and click on 'FrontPage Extensions'. Once you disable the extensions, most of the folders will dissapear. Delete the remaining folders if you wish.
Devil
u can keep those folders if u want , it wont harm u in anyway , Razz
Spyder
aite, thanks alot guys
xiao
and isn't the .htaccess file to prevent stealing? Confused
Daniel15
Quote:

u can keep those folders if u want , it wont harm u in anyway

Yes, but personally I find it really messy keeping all these files most people don't even use.

And the .htaccess file allows you to change settings for certain directories (usually used to control access to files). In the case of the FrontPage Extensions, this controls access to the special files needed for FrontPage Extensions.
n0obie4life
xiao wrote:
and isn't the .htaccess file to prevent stealing? Confused

alot other things too!

IP banning, index redirecting, etc.