FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sound problemo

Klaw 2
I got a problem with my sound on my computer, I have two problems:

1. When I play Halo on my computer and the final movie runs the sound is like 5 to 8 seconds late, so see an plane taking of and you'l hear it way late.

2. Also whith Mediaval Total War when I play an battle the sound goes strange, something like the shhhhhhh from your radio is through the real sounds. So it sounds really anoying, does any one knows what to do?
ezekiel_rage
Klaw 2 wrote:
I got a problem with my sound on my computer, I have two problems:

1. When I play Halo on my computer and the final movie runs the sound is like 5 to 8 seconds late, so see an plane taking of and you'l hear it way late.

2. Also whith Mediaval Total War when I play an battle the sound goes strange, something like the shhhhhhh from your radio is through the real sounds. So it sounds really anoying, does any one knows what to do?

Could you post your computer's specs?

It could be an insufficient RAM problem.

How much RAm do you have?

What is your Sound card?

how fast is your processor?

Things like that.

Hope this helps
photon
yup, post the complete specs of ur computer so that it will be easier to help... and make sure you have installed these

1. directx 9.0c
2. chipset/graphics/sound card drivers
3. os service packs
4. game updates
sush
Yup you should really consider checking whether you are using the correct drivers (not to mention latest drivers) for your soundcard. And while you're at it make sure you have the latest version of DirectX.

Try running DXDiag (Start - Run - type dxdiag - enter) and perform the tests under the DirectSound tab and see if you get satisfactory results with the sounds. If you play from a CD-ROM drive make sure you have a decent speed drive (with a 4x CDROM drive I've had enough experiences of jittery sound even in audio playback).

If you really want good sound consider buying a basic soundcard instead of your motherboard's onboard audio (if thats what you're using).

People will get more ideas after seeing your computer's specs.
internetjobs
check u r ram size...
install latest directx...