FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you could have lunch with anyone…

Rico
If you could have lunch with anyone still alive or from history, who would it be and why?

My choice would have to be Leonardo da Vinci. I’d like to ask him how he got his “creative juices flowing”. If it just came naturally or if he used a specific technique.
_-WU-_-TANG-_
I would have lunch with Michael Jordan. IMO he is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game so I would love to get tips and learn from him.
Jack_Hammer
Rico wrote:
If you could have lunch with anyone still alive or from history, who would it be and why?

My choice would have to be Leonardo da Vinci. I’d like to ask him how he got his “creative juices flowing”. If it just came naturally or if he used a specific technique.

He wouldn't understand you I don't think.

but if the person I was talking to could understand me, I would have a conversation with.... Hmmmm A caveman. Would be interesting.
CompactHaven
Michael Savage. He spent years of his life in the rainforest looking for cures, he has a PhD, and two masters degrees and was a professor of history at Berkley.
Now he dedicates his life to America.
HoboPelican
Living? Robin Williams. I might die of laughter, but what a way to go!

Past? Richard Francis Burton.

No, not the actor, the adventurer! The quote below is a short bio I clipped from Wikipedia... This guy would have stories to tell! Heck, I'd even pick up the check!

Quote:

Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton (March 19, 1821 – October 20, 1890) was a British explorer, translator, writer, soldier, orientalist, ethnologist, linguist, poet, hypnotist, fencer and diplomat. He was known for his travels and explorations within Asia and Africa as well as his extraordinary knowledge of languages and cultures. According to one count, he spoke twenty-nine European, Asian, and African languages. [1]

Burton's best-known achievements include travelling in disguise to Mecca, translating The Arabian Nights (his title was The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night) and the Kama Sutra and journeying with John Hanning Speke to discover the Great Lakes of Africa in search of the source of the Nile. He was a prolific author and wrote numerous books and scholarly articles about subjects including travel, fencing and ethnography.
Laughing
NexFrost
I'd have lunch with Superman.. Come on who woudnt wanna have luch with him? hes the best.
bdoneck
I'd have lunch with my girlfriend...Oh wait I can do that any time Very Happy

Probably would have to be Abe Lincoln. I'd ask him a few questions about his death.
jcvincent
i want to have a lunch with Hammurabi because he is perhaps best known for promulgating his code of laws, known as the Code of Hammurabi. This was written on a stela and placed in a public place, so that all could see it, even though very few could read. This stela was removed as plunder to the Elamite capital Susa, where it was rediscovered in 1901, and it now stands in the Louvre museum. While the penalties of his laws may seem cruel to modern readers, the fact that he not only put into writing the laws of his kingdom, but attempted to make them a systematic whole, is considered an important step forward in the evolution of civilization. The "innocent until proven guilty" idea comes from his laws.
standready
I would like to have lunch with Albert Einstein and Leonardo da Vinci. I am an engineer and inventor, maybe they could enlighten me to some fancinating things.
a.Bird
I'd have lunch with Charles Manson, and ask him why he lead murderous cults and how he created such beautiful, raw music in prison. Something just doesn't add up.
Blaster
Living adam sandler. He is one of my favorite actors

Non living.... i would have to say hitler. He seems like he would be interesting to talk to.

The reason i didn't say Usama Bin Ladon is becuase i dont' know if he is dead or alive.
soulman
I would like to have the lunch with Albert Einstein... to know more about this great scientist and his theory
scotty
Blaster wrote:
The reason i didn't say Usama Bin Ladon is becuase i dont' know if he is dead or alive.

I assume you only want to have lunch with him so you can poison his food.
hades9366
Albert Camus. There are writers I like more but not many that I think would be more interesting to talk to.
heriass
Angelina Jolie would be the person
-+Enigma_84958+-
Stephanie Mcmahon would be my choice
Karl
I think it would be one of the early danish kings like Sven Tveskæg (Sven Twobeard) at yule-tide, because they ate and drank a lot and for a long long time!
Alienz
I would like to have lunch with Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jessica Alba Wink
lors
Marilyn Monroe, so I could ask if the Kennedy's really had anything to do with her death.
Hitman.
My favortie rapper, 2pac.

He was a fun guy to watch on MTV Yo raps! and on BET. He was like a little kid all the time.
Shiva
I think I would have lunch with Bill Gates

Just to tell him that he can't take over the world by buying something that enyone else invented.. evan though his doing quite well... Confused
Rico
Quote:
Jack_Hammer - I would have a conversation with.... Hmmmm A caveman

Isn't/Wasn’t Usama Bin Laden a caveman? There’s some people living in a cave on Table Mountain – I spoke to them, they only wanted money.

Please excuse the facetiousness, but really, what would you say to a caveman?
James007
If... If... If...

What do you all have with IF-topics. You know they lead to one-line replies. People don't even say why, and you should (even if it's obvious).

-close-