FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DreamWeaver

Radio1
hello Smile i just wanted to ask how you you use it because im trying to make my site and i need help with dreamweaver Thanks !
saurabh.sauron
u use it normally as in frontpage. u get to choose between the code editor and the WYSIWYG editor. in the WYSIWYG editor, just place the objects and ur page is ready.
budazz
Go to http://pixel2life there are lot of tutorials there it may help you
b4r4t
I Use Dreamweaver as a Notepad - i use CODEEditor Mode Smile Never used the WysWyg Mode Smile
sush
Macromedia HomeSite is kind of like that - lean mean code-only editing software. Although dreamweaver has a lot more. Try looking for tutorials online or read Quick Help in dreamweaver itself.
White Monkey
Radio1 wrote:
hello Smile i just wanted to ask how you you use it because im trying to make my site and i need help with dreamweaver Thanks !

Hi,
To use Dreamweaver, it is best to code if you want rel results in your website. Do you know HTML, CSS etc? If not you can pick up lots of tutorials and lessons through a simple search on Google.
PseudoKnight
notepad ftw!
... but seriously, I'd use any simple color coded text editor for my websites. Well, even with those I tend to just open with notepad for editing. I use the color coded app mostly when I need to debug. It's much superior to WYSIWYG editors if you can manage it. The resulting code is so crappy with those things.

Here's a good method:
- design site layout with image editor (eg. photoshop)
- cut image sections up and export
- hand code website template
- program back-end

That works the best for me when I want the best results.
webbone
You can use help system to study,It's easy way!
marixworld
I would suggest you study HTML first before designing, just the basics. Tags, attriubutes, etc. When you start designing your website, you'll be amazed that you will use the code editor more often the drag and drop window. Also, if problems occur to your page, you can easily change them, just with the coding alone.
japasco
Begin with the tutorials that come with DW, and search in the support page of Adobe; then upgrade your skills trying to design your own website. In the internet are a lot of sites where you can learn tons of tricks.

Regards,
htmlrules
its basically the same as frontpage
CyanEyed
my advice is to learn html/css etc then hand code it.

but if u cant do that then i thing the best way to do it is to use div layers

insert>layout objects>layer and then put content into that
TeamPwn
I used to use programs like dreamweaver to make websites but it really is much more beneficial to go and actually learn html and css.

Then just design your site in photoshop cut it up and save as gifs and then hand code it.

With css you can do everything you would need to do.
Rocky3478
I've just started using Dreamweaver myself, and I find that I am in the code window at least half the time. But the other half of the time, I'm in the WYSIWIG editor, so it's worth it for me right now. Eventually, I want to get confident enough to lose WYSIWIG, but we'll see.
Jaan
If you want to get a quick, and nice looking site, that's very easy to use, I suggest Joomla (joomla.org). VERY easy, A++. I don't know any HTML, I can use Dreamweaver. Joomla is web-based. If you don't know HTML, I suggest Joomla (or Dreamweaver if you know what you're doing). Here's my site on Joomla - thehoodinternet.com
Cheers.
Chris24
I use html-kit, If I forget a code or anything it has them all in the menus anyway. Preview, ftp you name it
megamass
turn on designer mode and make your best site Very Happy
achowles
My somewhat predictable advice is to use the tutorials that it came with first. Those gave me a good idea of how to use the software with very little effort.

Sorry, but there's very little practical advice that can be given accept to use the software and tutorials are the best way to guide you through doing just that.
Pikokola
My advice... hmmm

try using Frontpage first [for studying some basic HTML tags, a little CSS and script]

then you can use the Dreamweaver lika waving your hands Razz It's sure easy...

You can get some tutorial and ask for advice here.. but if you ask us to teach you.. I think it's impossible. it'll be long way through Sad

It's better if you figure it yourself and ask here if you have problems...

anyway.. Goodluck. hope you'll be great site designer Razz

and about your question : "How do you use it?"

I use mouse to navigate between windows and my keyboard to write some codes.. that's al Razz
the6thfactor
Like a few people have said, definitely learn HTML and CSS (optional) first. I simply use Dreamweaver to speed the process, but many times when editing just from designer mode, you'll come across some issues that just aren't fixable without delving into the code. Once you at least know the basics of HTML and how the structure of it goes, Dreamweaver will become an amazing tool, especially if you're busy and impatient like myself Wink
faker_phil
sush wrote:
Macromedia HomeSite is kind of like that - lean mean code-only editing software.

That's not completely true. With Homesite, you can only enter pure HTML code, and the preview it. With dreamweaver, you can use the WYSIWYG editor to place everything, you can even create websites without even knowing what HTML is. Just google for tutorials or use the ones in Dreamweaver itself.
{name here}
faker_phil wrote:
sush wrote:
Macromedia HomeSite is kind of like that - lean mean code-only editing software.

That's not completely true. With Homesite, you can only enter pure HTML code, and the preview it. With dreamweaver, you can use the WYSIWYG editor to place everything, you can even create websites without even knowing what HTML is. Just google for tutorials or use the ones in Dreamweaver itself.

But that's not how you use it to your full potential. Dreamweaver allows you to create a basic, general design and when everything is in place, then optimize it with hard coded HTML. This way you still can create a good design, but save your fingers(and your sanity) at the same time.
bernardnapoleon
b4r4t wrote:
I Use Dreamweaver as a Notepad - i use CODEEditor Mode Smile Never used the WysWyg Mode Smile

ouch.... you bought Dreamweawer to use its code editor. anyways it still has a great code view, considering the it giving you all the available attributes and values, and help. Very Happy