FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the coolest thing your cat has ever done?

Rico
When I was little we had 29 moggies. One afternoon my mom saw a ginger tom sitting by the fridge with a dead rat. She thought this was a curiosity and wondering what the cat was up to, opened the fridge door for him. Ginger cat coolly put the rat on the bottom shelf and went on his merry little way. Mom thought this was odd and wondered if he'd be back. The next afternoon she found him patiently sitting by the fridge waiting for someone to open it. When it was, he took his rat and went outside for a snack. We were amazed to say at least, and the funny thing is he never did it again.
badai
my cat can open the door. my door use a lever where u press it down to open. she will jump and use her leg to open it. but she cannot close the door anyway.
Aiz
Well my cats that I had as a kid never did anything astonishing, well even if they did I wouldn't remember it anyway.

my Aunt's cat, now he's just so...un-cat-like.

He's so attached to my aunt it's funny.

She has been prepping for this huge architect exam on the computer and he'd hop onto the desk and just lay there and would only get off when my aunt leaves the computer.

And he'd hop on the window ledge between the kitchen and the living room, and when my aunt passes by, he'd whack her with his paw >.>; (claws retracted of course) and he'd continue to do it until she stops and pats him.

Well I realize they aren't really "accomplishments" but they just strike me as so unlikely for a cat, since they are usually really...standoffish unless they are older, and this cat is only 1 yr old >.>;
HoboPelican
My old cat Monster was a little over 20 pounds (no fat), over 3 ft long and had a head like a softball. He was a big cat. Great disposition. Calm, playful, and devoted (first cat I had that would come running to my whistle)

I remember looking out my upstairs window one day and saw the two dobermans from next door running up the hill towards my Monster. I flew downstairs and ran outside and was all set to throw myself on top of these dogs to save my friend. Well, There is Monster, back to a tree, just sitting there. One of the dobs was bleeding slightly from the muzzle and they both were just standing there like "why isn't he running?" As soon as Monster saw me, he he just plopped over on his side like he was taking a nap. "Nothing to
worry about, mate."Wink

The dobs could have killed him without too much trouble, but they just didn't know what to do with a lttle cat that wasn't going to run from them.
ItsWesley
My cat hasn't really done much , but she has jumped out of my window before, I wondered where the heck she was because she wasn't in any of her usual spots, but I heard her meowing outside, so I opened the front door and there she was standing there at the door.
Aside from that she hasn't done much except for climbing up my wardrobe door.
Winterborne
Well, this wasn't really my cat, but my friend is pretty much a sister to me. She use to have a black cat named blackie that died last year. Her cat use to be able to talk. I'm not talking full sentences or anything, but she could say 'mom', 'now', 'out', and stuff like that.
imera
Okay, this isn’t actually cool, but it’s really funny.
When one of our cats was a kitten he always used to lie in our couch, and whenever he wanted to get down he would jump he would hit the table with his head. I think that he has gotten some damage from it because whenever he needs to shake his head he would fall if he stood on all four. There is nothing wrong with him, he is healthy and strong.
Another thing, I would cuddle with him and he would change his position on the coach or stairs. He would move so far that he would fall down.
m00tmuffin
I love it when my cat does stuff like this:

and brings me things like leather gloves, stress balls, etc instead of mice. /grin
hellosailor
Well i donät actually have a cat of my own but i used to take care of my neighbours cat where I used to live. It seemed to like dancing, but not to any music. Though, if I played northern soul to it it would either jam its claws into the hairy rug on my livingroom floor and start kicking with it's back legs up int the air, or it would just start sliding across my hardwood floor, bumping into the wals and spinning around seemingly in sync with the music.

What doesn't really make sense about this is that my ex neighbour claims that her cat is deaf.
lors
My cat, who has been gone for several years now, would hug me when I picked him up, he would put both paws on my face.
He also would try to open the fridge door with his paw when he was hungry.
Rico
Quote:
badai - my cat can open the door

Yeah? Cool! One of those 29 moggies we had could also open a door; she even had to pull the door toward herself. She’d open my bedroom door and let all the other cats into the house, driving my Gran crazy. They're such amazing little animals. She was one of my mom’s favorites, a grey fluffy little thing. We called her Dons (that's Afrikaans for fluff). She got eaten by Basotho building contractors back in the 1970's.

Quote:
Aiz - since they are usually really...standoffish unless they are older

That’s quite ironic, cats used to be standoffish toward me until I got older. I suppose I just needed to understand them better.

Quote:
HoboPelican - Well, There is Monster, back to a tree, just sitting there. One of the dobs was bleeding slightly from the muzzle . . .

This is my favorite story, I love it when cats fulfill their role as the alpha-predators of the universe. Not that I dislike dogs, they’re pretty cool too. Its just nice when cats who usually get creamed by dogs turn the tables. Nice.

Quote:
HoboPelican - Great disposition. Calm, playful, and devoted (first cat I had that would come running to my whistle)

Once you’ve connected with a cat on this level it’s really amazing. It makes you wonder why people want to make contact with beings from another planet, most of them don’t even make the effort to make contact with the beings on this planet.

Quote:
Winterborne - Her cat use to be able to talk.

That is so cool, I had a cat named Batty that desperately tried to talk all her life. I learnt more about cats from her than all of the others, (except for Miqs that is Sad )

Quote:
m00tmuffin - I love it when my cat does stuff like this:

Now that’s a little cute-ass.
Motoracer380
best thing ive seen my cat do???....well i have a very large cat...but latley hes decided hes a small cat....so one day i found him CRAMMED into a small womans shoe box....eventually he broke the sides getting in and out of it...lol
egarces
I have two cats. A smart one named Tina and a dumb one named Daisy. Tina and I dont get along and so she always pees in my basement in the same corner next to the bathroom. Its in the mans room that she does this and she does it, I know, to get to me. I love messing with that cat and thats probably why.

Coolest thing Tina has ever done is closing the door and a child that was chasing her after she made it into a bedroom. The child was just learning to walk and messing with her and she runs into the bedroom and shuts the door behind her. I have no idea how she did it or if maybe a draft assisted her, but it left be dumbfounded.

Daisy on the other hand sometimes cant remember which foot to put forward next when walking. But she is adorable. I love that cat and a reason why is usually when an cat meows for attention at the dinner table it is to get some of what is on your plate. Daisy however does this for attention and if you try to give her some food, she will smell it and then just caress your hand. All she wants is to be petted.
billys
I don't have a cat. But my friend has one.
Mithrandir
My cat likes to spend the night outside and the day inside. During the morning was when she would go out and hunt/look for things she thoguht would be good to bring back to me and leave in front of the door. When she was a kitten, not much older than a few months she came to the door carrying a whole blueberry pancake and we have no idea where it came from. it was the whole entrie pancake just haning from her mouth and it was easily three times her size. Smile
alexpotter
Rico wrote:
Ginger cat coolly put the rat on the bottom shelf and went on his merry little way.

OMG.. :p she let the cat put the rat inside the fridge Razz? OMG OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well.. now, talking about my cat, she used to love climbing the walls... Razz like if she was crazy, well.. i know many cats do this, but I think that was cool, she doesn't do it anymore since we moved and the walls here are plain.
DRXX
I have two cats and a dog

A male cat named RICO, he is one cool cat, he used to climb walls, my bedroom has a rooftop that has holes, I wanted it like that. Once i come home..No sign of him..I went in my room, the light was on and i saw a shadow, i looked up..He was hanging on..Probably for the whole day

And a cat named Lucy:

Rico was chasing Her around the house and the toilet door was opened, she ran inside, sat on the toilet bowl, waiting for RICO, he runs to jump at her, she moves out his way and splash, he went right inside the toilet bowl

But when it comes night time, RICO, Lucy and Tom (the dog) cuddle in and sleep toghether outside

Really weird..They hate each other during the day
blue77
My cat can open all doors and the refrigirator.
glebov
A cat of my sister, wake me every day with that "ronrrh ronrrh" sound, while he is ilying on my chest. I don't know if it's cool but it is a really nice way to wake-up. Cool
Reign
My cat is 3months old and every time I come home and pass by the window he tries to jump on me.... so every time I pass the window he jumps of a table and crashes against the window. It never gets old. Maybe he knows it makes me laugh....nah he's just stupid probably Smile
Ozzy
Our cat will be 2 years old around X-mas time, his name is JayJay.

He attacks you if you stare and point at him long enough lol.

The craziest thing he has ever done is kick the door open with his two hind legs. The door would be slightly ajar and JayJay would be in one of his 'psycho' mood swings where he would go completely nuts. He would run down the hall way to my sister's room, situated right at the end. With his built up momentum he would turn his body around and raise his two back legs and kick the door straight into the wall. Quite funny to see.
ThornsOfSorrow
I don't know if this really counts as "cool", but my cat discovered that when the window in my room is open, he can push the screen aside (one of the latches is broken) and go out onto the roof. Then, unfortunately, once he's out there he can't push the screen the opposite direction to get back in, so I need to open it for him. So recently, I walked into my room, heard meowing from the roof, and discovered that my cat was outside laying in the gutter. He tried to stand up but flipped over the side and hung on with his paws for a few seconds before disappearing. I was a bit concerned at first, but like most cats, he landed on his feet and was fine. Like I said, it's not really "cool", but it's still pretty funny (at least I think so).
ashen
The coolest thing :
» Fumiko hunt a bird and success to catch it.
» Andine 'crying' if we locked her outside our house.

Hm... I forget the other. I'll write the other later.
The-Master
I managed to train my cat to sit when I told it to Laughing

It works when it was in a good mood.

Its great fun!
bluecradle
well we used to have a cat that jumps on our lap when we are sitting near the dinning table...afterwards go to an empty chair and raises half of its body on the table acting as if it were a human and waiting for its food...i think it died a few years ago after eating a cockroach... Crying or Very sad
Rico
Quote:
OMG.. :p she let the cat put the rat inside the fridge Razz? OMG OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

A very healthy response, rats tend to be on the unsanitary side.
Zenrei
I have a cat that ahs a few bolts in hsi head loose and some extremely tight.
The other day he was chasing a mouse inside the house and he corraled the mouse on the terrace of the second floor. beneath it is the pool. he doesnt have any claws so he cant actualy kill the mice what he did though was corrale it on a corner and "kick it" into the pool below. he actualy turned aroudn realy fast and kicked the mice with his hind legs, the mosue fell in the pool and drowned. preety smart for a cat.... Smart untill hsi next move that is. He stood on the terrace looking at the mouse drown. once it died. he ran back a bit and jumped head first into the pool, he hid all his legs in and pulled his ears back slickly, i say torpedo cause thats what he looked under water, like a brown torpedo, he stayed in this possition arching his back to reach the surface, once there he grabbed his prey, took it outside......and burried it....like a dog.....

Like i said, some bolts are loose, some are too tight.

Also if you gradualy and slowly start to march in a same spot and then march realy fast while in front of him, eh arches his back and lowers his head down, like if he were knealing to royalty. then he whould spring and jump back and runa way a bit.

Also he is rather an addict

"its a piece of paper i placed in his paw.. it still funny Smile"
Rico
Quote:
Smart untill his next move that is. He stood on the terrace looking at the mouse drown. once it died. he ran back a bit and jumped head first into the pool, he hid all his legs in and pulled his ears back slickly, i say torpedo cause thats what he looked under water, like a brown torpedo, he stayed in this possition arching his back to reach the surface, once there he grabbed his prey, took it outside......and burried it....like a dog.....

This is probably the coolest thing I ever heard a cat doing. My only guess is that his wiring had been altered when he lost his claws.

Excellent cat pic man, a pure winner.
the1991
One time my cat was walking on the railing above a staircase at my house. He slipped and fell a good 15 feet and then ran away.

Another time he brought a live chipmunk into the house. It was a pain in the arse to get that thing out!
kohlrabe
My cat likes to visit my neightbours. Our balconies border on each other, but there is a wall between. So she have to brachiate around. Ones our other cat lay in bed of our neightbours, and our moving wasn´t long ago. Everyday she takes this route.
nox-Hand
well, my female cat, Trisha. I can command her to go somewhere. I just point and say 'Psst', and she will go Very Happy I love it, as its practical when you are leaving the house, and dont want her locked in a room, if she was under the bed Smile
Rico
Quote:
I can command her to go somewhere. I just point and say 'Psst', and she will go

That’s pretty cute, I can get my cats to come but they won’t friggen go nowhere. I’m impressed.
etonator
My cat likes to bark Laughing At night she becomes super active and starts to hunt on us (me and my family members), but she's cute and funny Razz
The coolest thing she did...I once woke-up at night, I was looking directly at the balcony, she was sitting on the rale lookig at the full moon, that was cool, at least for me Razz
redwulfe
Well he may not have done it on purpose but it was pretty funny at the time. I came home one day late from work with some take out. I set it on the counter and went down stairs to grab a bottle of wine from my rack. when i came back up fromthe basement my cat, Artimus, had his head buried fully into the bag. I yelled at him and as I rushed foward he pulled his head out of the bag and looked at me. He had a peice of the calmari in his mouth with the tentecles dangling out like a little kittythulu. Being an avade H.P. lovecraft fan I, not at the time of course, found this quite amusing. Smile
songsalways
It does nothing... except running around, cuddling around, walking around, eating.. and making funny gestures.
Rico
redwulfe wrote:
Well he may not have done it on purpose but it was pretty funny at the time. I came home one day late from work with some take out. I set it on the counter and went down stairs to grab a bottle of wine from my rack. when i came back up fromthe basement my cat, Artimus, had his head buried fully into the bag. I yelled at him and as I rushed foward he pulled his head out of the bag and looked at me. He had a peice of the calmari in his mouth with the tentecles dangling out like a little kittythulu. Being an avade H.P. lovecraft fan I, not at the time of course, found this quite amusing. Smile

Congrats: The first guy who put his cat’s name in. A true cat lover, for you a nice African kitty.

PS. Don’t you just love the way big cats look at you like you’re food.
Starflier
When my cat is feeling affectionate, (which is most of the time) she licks me on the mouth and stretches one of her forepaws around my neck. I think that's about as close as a quadraped can get to a hug.
TheStranger
My little sister swears her cat is afraid of the dark.
One night her kitty had decided to sleep with her in her bedroom.
Soon after the light went out there was a mournful caterwauling that cats do so well. She turned the light back on and the noise stop, the cat standing there blinking at her. She turned the light off again and the same thing happened. She didn't have the heart to kick the cat out of course, so she had
slept with a little light on! Laughing
Lady_Star
Cats are just awesome... I have 7 of them and my daughter has 11 so we have 18 cats in our house... sometimes they can be really annoying but most of the time they are great fun. My oldest cat (Spooki) is the "grandpa" of the bunch and the ruler of the roost so to speak, when the little cats get out of line he will sometimes walk up to them and swat them as if to tell them they are being bad. Most of my cats are black, Spooki, Sammi, Syx, Bip and Bop are all black though Bip and Sammi both have just a touch of a white bib. Skittles is white and black and Spectre is grey. They all love to toment the dogs and then jump up where the dogs cannot get them. The cats have taught the dogs to play like cats and bat at things with their paws... Razz

I could go on for hours and hours about the silly and crazy things the cats do but will leave that for another day.
Rico
Lady_Star wrote:
... 18 cats in our house... sometimes they can be really annoying but most of the time they are great fun. My oldest cat (Spooki) is the "grandpa" of the bunch and the ruler of the roost so to speak, when the little cats get out of line he will sometimes walk up to them and swat them as if to tell them they are being bad. Most of my cats are black, Spooki, Sammi, Syx, Bip and Bop are all black though Bip and Sammi both have just a touch of a white bib. Skittles is white and black and Spectre is grey...

This is something extraordinary, eighteen cats and they all have names. The only way I can honor this amazing post is to try and remember the names of those cats that lived in our house in the seventies. The matriarch of them all is easy, I’ll never forget her, and she’ll be on top of the list.
i. Prill
ii. Vascou
iii. Dons
iv. Drackky
v. Psyco
vi. Grys kat
vii. Bart
viii. Rooi kat
ix. Blommie
x. Matewis
xi. Mahitebel
xii. Blanch
xiii. …more to follow as I remeber
Vanilla Crazy
I hate my cats. All they do is sit at the door, looking at you and moving their tail.
Rico
Vanilla Crazy wrote:
I hate my cats. All they do is sit at the door, looking at you and moving their tail.

Maybe they’re telling you that they’d like to be on the other side of the door.
meetul
Rico wrote:
When I was little we had 29 moggies. One afternoon my mom saw a ginger tom sitting by the fridge with a dead rat. She thought this was a curiosity and wondering what the cat was up to, opened the fridge door for him. Ginger cat coolly put the rat on the bottom shelf and went on his merry little way. Mom thought this was odd and wondered if he'd be back. The next afternoon she found him patiently sitting by the fridge waiting for someone to open it. When it was, he took his rat and went outside for a snack. We were amazed to say at least, and the funny thing is he never did it again.

Really amazing dude!!!! you own an amazing and intelligent cat. Smile

My cat has never done anything like that. The most amazing thing it would do is that it stands on its rear paws and put its fore paws on the window pane as if trying to stand like a human and then peep through the window to see what am I doing. If I am working on the computer, it moves down and mind its own business and if i am sitting on the bed, it would push the door and enter my room to play with me.
HoboPelican
Rico wrote:

Congrats: The first guy who put his cat’s name in. A true cat lover, for you a nice African kitty.

Hey! I mentioned my cats name in the 4th post! Wink Monster wasnt a description, it was his nickname! When I rescued him, he was the runt of the litter and I named him Montezuma...a nice name to grow into. As it turned out, he just kept growing and the name morphed into "Monster". Coolset cat I ever had. Very aloof to all the kittens that came through the home, but if our huskie got too aggressive with the kittens, Monster would walk over and almost casually smack the dog's snout. God, I miss that big lug.

@nox-hand - Amazing! If I point at something, all of my cats would just look at my finger tip! Laughing Very special cat ya got there.

@Redwulfe - Haha, I love the lovecraftian image there. Great mind pic!

@Rico - Congrats on this thread! One of my favorites!
Keran
The funniest thing my cat ever done was:
He was running arround my room like after some big boost and i was siting on a chair. He jumped on that chair and slashed my face with his claw, i had a nice scar after that... I don't say i liked it, i just can't think of anything else.
Delko
The funniest thing my cats ever done is:
My cats know the word “Kitekat”! It’s very famous cat’s food. And when I say “Kitekat” they run to the kitchen and wait their favorite delicacy!

Rico
HoboPelican wrote:

Hey! I mentioned my cats name in the 4th post! Wink Monster wasnt a description, it was his nickname!

My apologies I thought it was a description. I’ve got a nice pic for you, this is the biggest cat I have ever seen.

HoboPelican
Rico wrote:
My apologies I thought it was a description. I’ve got a nice pic for you, this is the biggest cat I have ever seen.

OMG! Ive seen that before and I just don't know what to say. How much could a beast like that weigh? That feline needs to go on Jenny Craig!
Laughing
Rico
We’ve had Noodle for a few years now but when she’d been around for only a year she thought my son was a little low on protein and decided to supplement his diet a little. He’d been out partying or something passing out halfway through dinner. He left a half eaten plate of fries on the kitchen counter. Through the night sometime, Noodle put a nice size rat in the plate on top of the chips. Walt found it first and called me to come look. I thought it was quite amazing that she’d see it fit to share her valuable catch with him.

She still catches rats, at least one a week, but she eats them now, probably thought we were starker’s throwing that prime rat away. Amazing how she’ll eat the entire thing, head, hair, tale, paws, the works, except off course as Terry Pratchett puts it the ‘green wobbly bit’.
miacps
Rico wrote:
One afternoon my mom saw a ginger tom sitting by the fridge with a dead rat. She thought this was a curiosity and wondering what the cat was up to, opened the fridge door for him. Ginger cat coolly put the rat on the bottom shelf and went on his merry little way. Mom thought this was odd and wondered if he'd be back. The next afternoon she found him patiently sitting by the fridge waiting for someone to open it. When it was, he took his rat and went outside for a snack.

Wow Rico, somehow I'm a little more impressed that your mom was cool enough to leave the rat in the fridge. I don't know if I could just leave a dead rat in the fridge, great opportunity for an experiment though!

The "coolest" thing my cats have done lately is... when I whistle a song, "mama cat" will come up to me, make a squeek, jump and hug my arm and give it a nip while making weird noises. Its really bizarre, my whistling makes "Master Splinter" and "the clone" fight.

The clone often jumps up and clings to the door and tries to turn the door handle with his mouth.

The WORST thing "mama cat" had ever done still strikes fear in me today. I had just finished downloading an album from The Raconteurs and started up winamp. After starting the first song, I got up and went to get something to drink. When I got back, the bass part had come on and Mama Cat jumped up on the chair and was scanning the room with a concerned look. I thought she was just being stupid so I pushed her off the chair and sat down. I went to pick something up off the ground when the guitar intro came on and all of a sudden she literally leapt on my side (I had no shirt on) and clung to me with her claws while howling and biting my arm. I let out a shriek, grabbed her and yanked her off me. She acted like she was going to attack again so I instinctively turned off the speakers and yelled and cussed at her. As soon as the speakers went off, she gave a menacing growl and hiss and retreated under the table.

I was dripping blood from my side and needless to say I was pretty badly shaken.

Later that day I did an experiment. I had my mom play the song while I waited ready to defend myself with the broom. Sure enough as the drums came on she came out from hiding and gave me a look of complete demon possession. As the bass came on she gave out a long grumbly growl and when the guitar intro started she charged bushy tailed, hissing and spitting. I screamed frantically to turn the speakers off as she shreded the broom.

This is the only song that has ever caused temporary insanity in her.

Thats not to say no good came out of it. I had great fun all through the next week inviting my friends over and letting them sit down at the computer while I played the song. Twisted Evil

Unfortunately (..maybe..) she has since been desensitized to it but to this day I still watch my back when 'Steady As She Goes' comes on.

The damage

Behind that seemingly innocent exterior lies the heart of a killer!
filet
My cat knocks on the window to be let in inside. I have no idea where she learnt it but her kitten can do it too, i guess she learnt it from her mummy.
Rico
-Jeremy

Yeah she’s pretty special, my mom that is. She used to loath parking on the far side of the pet shop when she did the weekly grocery shopping because she’d invariably go in there and rescue some animal. She just had no resistance to any kind of monkey or a parrot, I think it was that back then most of the exotics were flown in from Brazil. It really ate her up knowing the poor things had their freedom taken away and she figured that no-one was going to look after them properly. And the deal with the cat and the fridge, she’s always had a lot more time for four legged people than the two legged variety.

Glad to hear "mama cat" has relaxed about the music, my cat Mick never forgave me for introducing another cat into the house. He’d growl like a Bengal tiger, hissing and spitting if I tried to get him to lei in his previously favorite spot under the covers with me. Never attacked me though like the females do.

Must say it must have been a laugh seeing "mama cat" tearing your buddies a new one, you should have made a video.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
m00tmuffin
My cat is strange enough as it is, and often enjoys bringing me leather/foam/suede things. She's fourteen years old and has never brought me an actual animal, but acts like the stuff she brings me is worthy of praise. She'll howl and cry really loudly until I come to her, praise her, and pick her up. On bad nights, she'll rinse and repeat this process two to FOUR more times...often at 3am when I'm trying to sleep for class.

But there's something even stranger that she does when she's really scared, which is this:

She's a pretty strange cat, haha.
darkjustice
my cat secretly went to my sisters room and gave kids in her closet
it was not until next morning that the kittens were found after strange
noises were heard by her again and again