FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

more space

criticaldensity
sorry if this question is answered elsewhere on this site, I didnt see it anywhere.

but, can we request more space, more than 250 mg's?

Thanks
Bondings
No, you can't. We don't have enough space to allow this.
criticaldensity
no prob. just thought I'd ask
criticaldensity
what happens if my site exceeds its bandwidth? is it down for a day or something..
WickedGravity
If your site exceeds it's bandwidth, then it is out until the month changes and your quota is reset.

How can you possibly go through ten gigabytes of transfer a month without running some huge site?
PatTheGreat42
Well, if he's maxed out or nearly maxed out his 250 Mb storage space, then even if he only has a medium-sized audience, he might still get close to his bandwidth maximum.
foggy
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
Well, if he's maxed out or nearly maxed out his 250 Mb storage space, then even if he only has a medium-sized audience, he might still get close to his bandwidth maximum.
That's assuming that all those people look at or download all of those MB's of content, which is not likely. You're bandwidth doesn't get drained from the data just sitting there, someone has to transfer it to their computer.
Devil
unless he is using the space for storing files ,

10 gb is enough bandwidth for medium size sites and forum , my forum has 400+ members but we used 5 to 6 gb per month , cuz we get 1000 unique visitors a day ,
criticaldensity
theres a pretty big file on there, and yes, its being downloaded/ viewed.
they're movie clips. home made movies. nothing bad or anything..
Maxalou
Host them on rapidshare.de or something like that.
Maka
Maxalou wrote:
Host them on rapidshare.de or something like that.

Yea thats what I do, if I want to share a file I use a file host, why use your own space?.