FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

thunderbird and gmail.

IceNinjaa
ok so today i just moved to college. brought my laptop and wireless router. everything functions just fine in terms of internet and all that. however there seems to be a problem with thunderbird. i have all my gmail accounts linked to it so i dont have to keep logging in and out of my 4 accounts. however its extremely slow to connect and get messages(if it makes it that far). whats weird about it is that it worked perfectly fine at home. it shouldnt matter but does it? do some of my settings have to change because of the move or am i just totally missing something?
wowz
yeah you probably need to set up secure or authentication in TB

it doesn't sound like it makes sense, but it really does Smile
you're on a different internet provider than when you were home.. it's not the ISP, it's not your computer, and it's not thunderbird or gmail.. but it is all three, heh.

just have to change some settings in thunderbird.. you should be able to get these settings from gmail help files
IceNinjaa
i have all that set up though.. the thing is it can connect to the server....but it won't gather the messages, or if it does it takes a long time (i changed timeout time.) i just want it so its back to its rapid pace instead of waiting how ever long it takes.
sush
Yeah I seem to have the same problems. It just times out. Settings AOK.