FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

favorite Paper RPG system.

redwulfe
I know that alot of people on this board talk about Computer and Console gaming, but I want to know what paper RPG's people like and why.

I am personally draw by the company and the system as much as the game world. I like the Shadowrun game system, and the game world so this makes things alot easeir for me. I like the mechanics that are currently used by it as well as White wolf since they are similar. Dice pools are very effective but White wolf combat was not as good. As far as companies I love Sigh press is currently tops. They are a german company that has some very cool philosophies on how to produce gaming books. My favorite game wolrd is rifts. I love systems that can be used for more than one still of game, like CatharSys and Hero system, not D20, which I feel is more suted to fantasy RPG's. Rifts alows me to use those systmes and play anthing I want, but that is just my opinion.

Wulfe
lycadia
redwulfe wrote:
I know that alot of people on this board talk about Computer and Console gaming, but I want to know what paper RPG's people like and why.

I am personally draw by the company and the system as much as the game world. I like the Shadowrun game system, and the game world so this makes things alot easeir for me. I like the mechanics that are currently used by it as well as White wolf since they are similar. Dice pools are very effective but White wolf combat was not as good. As far as companies I love Sigh press is currently tops. They are a german company that has some very cool philosophies on how to produce gaming books. My favorite game wolrd is rifts. I love systems that can be used for more than one still of game, like CatharSys and Hero system, not D20, which I feel is more suted to fantasy RPG's. Rifts alows me to use those systmes and play anthing I want, but that is just my opinion.

Wulfe

I LOVED Rifts and I loved the old World of Darkness White Wolf games. I honestly think that White Wolf's combat system was designed to prevent people playing it too hack and slash. *grins*
Unfortunately, I have have lost my table top gaming group so now I play what the few people I know and play with online like, which is the Pen and Paper WoW, Changeling, and sometimes D20 games like Star WArs.