FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL Database not allowed

jipmerite
Hi,

I tried to make a database today and it said I was not allowed. I thought I can make as many database as I want. So what might be the problem?

Thanks for help.

PS. I don't know what additional info I need to give here, so let me know.
Bondings
jipmerite wrote:
Hi,

I tried to make a database today and it said I was not allowed. I thought I can make as many database as I want. So what might be the problem?

Thanks for help.

PS. I don't know what additional info I need to give here, so let me know.

You probably filled in wrong information. It should really work fine.
theonlygod
Hi, you try to make the new database using the command line? (another window), it's possible you wrong the code "create database ____"
Or maybe the space for database in server is full. Make a copy of your database, delete all from the server and try again........ if this works, the problem is in the server.

SEEEAAA
poiko123
does anyone know the datbase type?
MySQL 3.x?
MySQL 4.x?
mathiaus
4.0.23 - INFO
Hammy
Anouther possability is that your database name was too long. I find i et that error when it is too long, i cut it down on a few letters and it works fine Smile
Ducksteina
You have to create a database in DirectAdmin - it doesn't work in PHPMyAdmin Smile
Drastic
My hosting account has just come through and I'm waiting for my domain to resolve but anticipating installing Joomla in a few days. Previously I've used cPanel/Fantastico to do this so Direct Admin looks confusing at present.

Do I need to know any specific information for the "Host name" (ie localhost), "MySQL User name", "password" and "database name" fields when these are configured as part of Joomla set-up? Or do I simply create the names I want to use?

Also what is the correct path to install Joomla to for an add on domain on server2? the example Joomla gives is: /home/yoursite/public_html/
I find path details utterly confusing especially for add-on domains so would appreciate clarification if any one can help.

MAny thanks

Drastic
mathiaus
You will need to create a database prior to the installation process. During the creation you will define these by creating a password, user and database name.

Your path when adding a new domain will be the below unless you make it your default domain in which case your exaple is correct. (change the red values)
/home/yourDAname/domains/addondomain.com/public_html
Drastic
Mathiaus, many thanks for your help with the path info etc.

Following the instructions on the Joomla.org site I uploaded the Joomla files to the root directory of a new domain which I have set up, then checked to see if the "pre-installation check" was there... But no - instead I got the following error messages:

Quote:
Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/path/to/joomla/install/includes/version.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/myDAname/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/myDAname/domains/addondomain.co.uk/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 71

Warning: main(/path/to/joomla/install/includes/version.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/myDAname/domains/addondomain.co.uk.co.uk/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/path/to/joomla/install/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myDAname/domains/addondomain.co.uk.co.uk/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 71

There also doesn't seem to be a configuration.php file.

I'm about to check/copy the content of the configuration.php file on another of my sites to see if this fixes the problem but would appreciate advice from anyone who knows how to deal with this.

Thanks

Drastic
Drastic
I worked it out! I seem to have got only some of the files in the installation pack I downloaded so when I got all the files it worked without too much trouble.

It was useful to know I needed to create the database first - or I would have been stuck there.

Now to put some content on it!

Drastic
hilander
I va just installed oscommerce and I am stuck in the configuration process when I browse to my page,,I receive this errors:

Quote:
Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hilander/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 212

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

could anyone help ?
Bondings
hilander wrote:
I va just installed oscommerce and I am stuck in the configuration process when I browse to my page,,I receive this errors:

Quote:
Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hilander/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 212

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

could anyone help ?

The first error/warning seems weird as /tmp/ is indeed in the paths it mentions. Are you able to ignore it and continue the installation? The temporary directory should be writable.
hilander
Yes,,I ended the installation. After install ends, in the final screen, I am given two option buttoms, one to browse to the online shop,,,and the other to go to the back end front of the shop,,When I browse to both screens, I keep receiving this lines in tho top of the screen,,towards the middle of the screen it seems to work fine, there is the oline shop and the back end,,it is just that the errors lines appear...

help,,help,,,help,,

Quote:

In a oscommerce-post it is suggested that it could be a server problem..

help,,help,,helpppppp
hilander
i found support in the oscommerce forums, it was simple,,just clicking in the cofiguration tool,,at last,,I can see the catalog page,,clean with no errors,,,this seems to be a miracle....thanks for your support Mr. Bondings..Now I will start the seting up of the shop..I hope it runs smooth...thanks again,,