You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What music means to u????

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. I love music passionately. And because l love it, I try to free it from barren traditions that stifle it. It is a free art gushing forth, an open-air art boundless as the elements, the wind, the sky, the sea. It must never be shut in and become an academic art.
MUsic is the soul of language.

Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven.

Music means a lot to me.... Very Happy
Music means alot to me. Sometimes as an escape, sometimes as a mood setter for when I am with someone special.
I write lyrics and compose music to express my feelings of a particular moment.
I think if I did not have music, I would perish.
As a musician and slave of the Sound Industry, music is certainly my life. But beyond that, it is an escape. I am not talking any particular genre, but music itself. Why combinations of frequencies affect the listener's psyche in so many wonderful ways is beyond me, but this is what I find to be so magical about it. I feel sorry for people who box themselves into genres, and associate their musical choices with their image... theres a lot of music out there- if you can truly open yourself up to music, you'll discover a world that defies logic and bounds..
I don't know why, but I can't stop loving jazz music. It has so many ways of expression and moods. Often it's easy to know who is playing. Every player has his own touch and when having this personality in the music it will never be one in the mass like much of the industrial music today. In my opinion hit music has rarely something nice to offer. Jazz music, however, is more vital and living. The sad thing is that grat recordnig corporations are taking over the market and small artist will never get a chance.
More jazz to the people Smile
Music is... Generally the filling of my life where I have empty holes. It's always playing in case there is a silence in which would drive me crazy. The background is where it plays, and where it will always remain. But that does not mean that it is not a very important thing. Not at all.
Music means alot to me. I basically listen to it 24/7.
Any genre, from Pop/Funk to Grindcore Metal.

If i didn't have music in my life, i don't think i would be the person i am today. It has shaped me as a person.
I also write my own music on bass, guitar and keyboard. Gives me a reason to express myself.
everything < 'nuff said...
Music is a very big part of my life. I listen mainly to metal, rock'n roll and so. I also play the guitar in a band, so of cause i have to be interested in music. I like to know about the bands im listening to as well.
And music is also very relaxing (some music at least) and can inspire you etc.
I think that the word "music" is a word that means a lot to most people, cause everyone have some music they like listening to - at least most people do.

music to me is very important. It makes me relax and helps me express my feelings at the same time.

I listen to music to chill out, and i write music to express my feelings and express myself on paper.
Not a minute goes by when I am not listening to music, of course when I'm working I'm not but any other time I am.

I don't really try to figure out what the meaning and stuff in music is because that sorta just ruins the whole point for me. I just listen to it because it sounds good, not for deep insightful lyrics ora nything. Just my opinion anyways.
Music is the highest form or art, a song can have deep meanings and can be the only way one can find to expess themselves.
It is a hard question for me. Music is something what people affects. Sometimes sorrow, sometiemes movement, sometimes anger....

I saw that soetimes "nothing" for some people...

For me, all of them Smile

I love music much... But music is not something I cannot give up. I can survive without music, sure!
This is a great topic.

For me, music is just something in me. I can't imagine my life without it. Everywhere I go, I'm either listening to music, or some tune is playing in my head. It is part of me.