FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hardware mods!

INeedHelp
I hope this is ok to put here...Anyway post all of your case/hardware mods to your computer, game systems, etc.

I have currently modded my Xbox with a SmartXXX mod-chip, and then painted both the console and the controller white. This was my first big mod experience, and I hope to get to try out more soon (Just built a computer, so I am going to try something on that).
psycosquirrel
I used to mod a ton. I made my own custom plexi case, including custom everything, including PSU (de-cased mATX PSU). I also have been modding desktops some, including windows, noise dampening, using tons of laptop drives in desktops, painted keyboard/mouse/headset, sleeving multiple PSUs, lighting, drive stealthing, etc.
gelid
I dont know your computer specs and if i am not made out to be rude i dont really care. However can i just give you a little advice. Dont get to ambisiouos it doesnt pay off.

Dont try Vmods as they are not worth it, if flashing the bios doesnt solve your multiplier needs then its a new motherboard/cpu not a mod that you need to consider.
Xeniczone
get a cracked version of Mac OS X for Intel and with the mod chip see if it will boot. DON'T INSTALL IT because I don't know the risks and it isn't legal. but I would like to see if it would work.
TheGeek
gelid wrote:
I dont know your computer specs and if i am not made out to be rude i dont really care. However can i just give you a little advice. Dont get to ambisiouos it doesnt pay off.

Dont try Vmods as they are not worth it, if flashing the bios doesnt solve your multiplier needs then its a new motherboard/cpu not a mod that you need to consider.

That was is think the most mis-taken view of the statement by the original poster i think i have ever seen in a while.

He is referring to modding looks, not cpu voltages or multipliers lol, though i can see where the confusion could have arisen.

But back to topic: I have done a good amount of case modding recently. Mods include retro fitting hard drives to other sized bays to sound dampening my case to my most extreme mod of completely removing the front door (basically the whole front of the computer in this particular case) and filling in the hinges and holes from it with putty and painting it. To the most "ghetto" mod i have done which involves using multiple pizza boxes and coke fridge packs and taping them together to re-route my A/C unit in my window to the intake fans of my computer case (which btw actually did drop my cpu temps a good bit).