FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dual Core P4

vignesh_natraj
i am planning to buy a new processor
i shortlisted P4 dual core with 945 board.
is the dual core processor good and is dual core is available in 3.4 Ghz.
Pushpraj
Sure dual core processor is the best processor you can buy for the desktop segment and it is available in 3.4ghz too along with 2x2mb cache. You are planing to purchase a 945 board along with dual core processor surly it can be the best combination but I suggest you to go for 975 Express board due to some limitation 945 is not going to support processors with dual core + hyper threading and even Conroe processors which are to be launched. As far as my opinion is concerned it is no good choice to go for 945 board. Even after this you plan to opt for 945 board I'd like to suggest you ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe board with plenty of features in 945P chipset. for 975 you can go for ASUS P5WD2-E Premium. It has almost every feature which a gamer can think of. I would suggest you a combination of 975X board with 3.4 dual core + HT processor with a Geforce 7600GT graphic card. finally choice is yours.
vignesh_natraj
thanks for your view i have already purchased 3.4 P4 with Intel 945G motherboard. i have also got a tft screen
Pushpraj
how much it costs?
alienjones
If I were you I had purchased Intels new Conroe. There was an article about Intels new "Core 2 Duo"-Generation in a German computermagazine. It beat its competitors "AMD Athlon FX-62" and "Pentium XE 965" in every benchmark.

I bought an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ two months ago and now I wish I had kept a little patience Sad
vignesh_natraj
the processor cost me 9000 INR and motherboard 6000 INR
Franky
945 now also suuports Core2 Duo (Conroe)
yhtsolutions
i prefer the combination of 975X board with 3.4 dual core Confused
vignesh_natraj
i am satisfied with 945G and D 3.4Ghz.
i will soon buy a 256MB PCIeX graphics card
Bones
alienjones wrote:

I bought an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ two months ago and now I wish I had kept a little patience Sad

How are you liking that CPU? I am looking at new CPU's now and was thinking of the Athlon X2 4200 or 4400, maybe even the 4600
internetjobs
i think AMD Athlon is good one, it gives high performance....