FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[LOCK PLEASE!!!]

einstein
well, i have decided to start a new contest, which (i hope), everyone of you will love!!!
its easy: just give me 20 FRIH$ to enter. i will accept only 10 people at a time.......the prize however is big: 100FRIH$!!!! Shocked

all you have to do is, post your desktop's screenshot. the one who has the best one at the end of two weeks wins!!! see, easy, isn't it??? Very Happy

well, i hope all the rules are clear to you. just join........i will put up the names of the ppl who are participating here. just pay me, and u can submit your desktop. hoping to see some good ones!!! Wink

Arrow For Entering: 20FRIH$
Arrow First Prize: 100 FRIH$
Arrow Second Prize: 70 FRIH$

so, come on people, and LET's ROCK!!! Very Happy

Participants:
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow
Arrow

edit: entering fee has been reduced 20FRIH$. Prize increased to 100 FRIH$.
Hammy
Your quite greedy arnt you... Correct me if im wrong, but the left over 325 frih$'s gets lost in your own pocket yeh?
einstein
yes, u r right. but if i get enough, i may try and continue the Daily Guess A Number Game.....with some help, of course. Wink
hyhy
Good luck with getting participants, i think noone is so stupid to give you free cash.
einstein
OK. i have reduced the fee to 55FRIH$. at least, think about the prize: 250 FRIH$. that's a lot. and also, i am going to carry on your favourite game once this is over, aren't i??? so why do you hesitate??? otherwise, i have no problem, but we are going to miss the Daily Guess A Number Game, if we don't try to reinstate it!!! Sad
einstein
well, if you still feel that the fee is too high, pls tell me. but for that i will have to reduce the prize too. Razz just tell me, so that i can know at least!!!
Ghost Rider103
Im sure you will get 10 spots if you reduce it to 20 FRIH$ but I wont join for anything over 20.
Vanquish
I'll get myself a nice desktop, then i'll enter.

Neal
rajhank
Hammy wrote:
Your quite greedy arnt you... Correct me if im wrong, but the left over 325 frih$'s gets lost in your own pocket yeh?

Arrow U R Greedy like Hell.

hyhy wrote:
Good luck with getting participants, i think noone is so stupid to give you free cash.

He is absolutely right, no one is so stupid to enter here.

Make the Entry Fee low Then Definitely people will enter here.
einstein
oh, well, it was for good only, wasn't it. still, never mind.........................................i have reduced the entering fee to 20FRIH$

Arrow First Prize: 90 FRIH$
Arrow Second Prize: 60FRIH$

now, is it fine, cos i am not going to reduce it further!!!
Ghost Rider103
einstein wrote:
oh, well, it was for good only, wasn't it. still, never mind.........................................i have reduced the entering fee to 20FRIH$

Arrow First Prize: 90 FRIH$
Arrow Second Prize: 60FRIH$

now, is it fine, cos i am not going to reduce it further!!!

hmm, still a little pricey, how about 10 FRIH$? 10 FRIH$ sound good to everyone else? Sounds good to me. Yeah, I wont settel for anything more than 10 FRIH$

Look at it this way man, if you reduce it to 10 FRIH$ for an entry, you still come out with 50 FRIH$ that go to you.
einstein
if i reduce it to 10FRIH$, i will go into a loss!!! sorry, if you want to join, then join, otherwise pls refrain from telling me to reduce the price, cos i am not goin to!!! i will have to reduce the prize too, if i reduce the fee, and that won't be nice, cos 90FRIH$ are a nice!!! look at it this way..........................if you win, u get 90 and 60 FRIH$!!!
alkady
Hammy wrote:

Thats why he is called Einstein!

@Einstein

I think the price is fair since it's the equivalent of 4 Lotto Tickets, But the problem is the contest will probably be based on Popularity? Right?

If so, 20 FRIH$ is a bit outrageous in that case because those who will win will be those who have alot of friends!

maybe you should make the contest fairer and maybe alot more will join. I'll consider joining if you explain the contest in a Better Context! Laughing Smile
mistuh griddlez
I might as well.....just to encourage you! (I think the price is fair...i mean what are FRIH$ really worth? plus if you spend them it makes you have to post more making bondings happy! don't you want to make bondings happy? Very Happy ) But anyways I'll be the first to join and post my desktop as soon as I upload it.

Edit:

Here Is the image url:

http://www.mistuhgriddlez.frih.net/mydesktop.jpg
pelin
i will enter too.I dont know why you guys make such a big problem with that entering price.Why do you need frih$ anyway.All you guys have so many frih$ and for what.What are you going to do with those frih$ ? buy a new car ????.It is just pointless.So here is my desktop :

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9800/mydeskqw0.jpg

It is nothing special but just for contest
einstein
well, till now, pelin has the best one!!! actually, there are only two participants, so i will be needing more to decide...................after all, as pelin said.....................wat do you all need the FRIH$ for??? at least, i will be starting the Daily Guess a Number Game with the FRIH$ i get!!! u don't even do that!! so, hurry up, and apply.............. Very Happy
Hammy
hm.. well i think its pritty unfair that you've already judged them two entries and told us who the winner is out of them two. It must feel like a waste of 20 frih$'s for griddlez to send u his frih$'s then be told his entry is gonna lose already.
einstein
i never told that!!!! i just told that from the two, the winner is pelin......................BTW, u can send multiple entries, though the last one will be counted!!!
pelin
i just wonder why no one wants to enter this competition ? are 20 frih$ that much
Helios
Yep. 20 Frih$ is A ******' LOT comapred to the prizes...
Ghost Rider103
Should have listend to my idea Rolling Eyes
ocalhoun
Here's my entry:
http://www.onet.frih.net/screenshot.jpg
http://www.onet.frih.net/start.jpg -showing off my start menu
http://www.onet.frih.net/gimpshot.jpg -showing off the effects on the buttons.
Not really interested in the cash; just the prestige.

pelin wrote:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9800/mydeskqw0.jpg

Ha, you use the same ftp client I do!
einstein
thanx for entering, ocalhoun. BTW, i have increased the prizes to 100FRIH$........i can't do any more than that!!!
einstein
Quote:
Yep. 20 Frih$ is A ****' LOT comapred to the prizes...

well, i have increased the prizes..........................don't you want to join now??? come on, i want to continue with this contest!!! Very Happy
htmlrules
im going to enter your comp on the condition that if no winner is drawn i am repaid my desktop is

go to
http://w3bs.frih.net/untitled.bmp

im sending you your frih now
einstein
thanx for participating, htmlrules.

well, 6 more people needed!!!
salman_500
Just like pelin said... fih$'s are noo good if u dont use em..... besides u probably made mopre that 20 frih$ by arguin not to give away 20 frih !

nywayz... here are my entries...

my desktop !

effects in a window

effects in the start menu

.(coming soon).

hope u guyz like ti ! Cool
einstein
thanx for participating, salman_500. Very Happy
need 5 more!!!
DeFwh
I run my desktop at 1280 by 1024 resolution so make sure to maximize the picture and look at the whole thing! I will also be adding a few more pics on my icons, start menu effects and button effects. As a bonus ill show off my custom logon screen. Also if anyone would like suggestions on where to get great desktop stuff dont hesitate to ask me.

Click Thumbnail

Un-Explained

Click Thumbnail

Explained

Hope you like my desktop because I know I do and I love all my customization even if they consume my memory sometimes!
einstein
thanx for participating. Very Happy
remember that you can even submit multiple entries, though only the last one will be taken into account!!
just 4 more, and we can declare the results!!! Very Happy
Manofgames
hey
Quote:
I run my desktop at 1280 by 1024 resolution so make sure to maximize the picture and look at the whole thing! I will also be adding a few more pics on my icons, start menu effects and button effects. As a bonus ill show off my custom logon screen. Also if anyone would like suggestions on where to get great desktop stuff dont hesitate to ask me.

Click Thumbnail

Un-Explained

Click Thumbnail

Explained

THat cool desktop what hav u done to customise it???
salman_500
salman_500 wrote:
Just like pelin said... fih$'s are noo good if u dont use em..... besides u probably made mopre that 20 frih$ by arguin not to give away 20 frih !

nywayz... here are my entries...

my desktop !

effects in a window

effects in the start menu

.(coming soon).

hope u guyz like ti ! Cool
DeFwh
Manofgames wrote:
THat cool desktop what hav u done to customise it???

Well i use a lot of customization programs like CursorXP and ObjectDesktopX(widgets and widget desktops). I love windows blinds which i think is a great way to enjoy computing a lot more through beautiful skins which of course are free on places like wincustomize.com . So just check things out and have fun.
einstein
hey, doesn't anyone else want to participate??? come on, its just 20 FRIH$ !!! i need only 4 more people.
ocalhoun
You might have to make due with what you've got...
einstein
OK, since nobody is interested to participate, well here are the results:

Winner: DeFwh (100 FRIH$)
Runner up: Ocalhoun and Pelin (70 FRIH$ each)
congrats all of you. Very Happy

Well, i have lost 120 FRIH$ in this since many didn't participate, but still, i enjoyed holding the contest, and hope that the next time, i would get 10 participants!!!

OK then, let's start the Who has the Best Desktop Contest #2. Very Happy
ocalhoun
You're really going to try this again despite the low participation?
Perhaps you could do something different.
einstein
well, i'll try this for this month atleast, and still, if i don't get 10 participants, then i'll have to close it!!! Crying or Very sad
saiyeek
I don't need ur 100fRIH$ i am happy with what i get by posting in ur thread lol....
saskshadowplayers
Well here's my desktop:

I like to keep it simple and clean. It's obviously very Vista inspired (I like the look) with a few extra things that I just love. Oh and I made the background myself while messing around in photoshop earlier... so it's an original! Hope you guys like it!
einstein
hey, thanx for that!!! BTW, if i don't get all 10 people here, then i'll return your FRIH$ saskshadowplayers!!!

also, your desktop is good. Very Happy
einstein
sorry guys. i am not getting enough participants..................so please lock this thread. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Animal
-close- as requested by author.