FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mod_security

Marston
There's a slight problem with the way mod_security has been configured on server 2 and phpBB3's admin control panel (phpBB Bug Tracker Report)
Quote:
This has nothing to do with chmod settings

It is almost certainly down to mod_security being installed on the server with what sounds like a rather open ended rule that's catching anything with cp in it.

I'd suggest talking to your host and finding out if they do run this on the server and if so what the ruleset is and we can then decide if this is something we should look at changing or if it is a one off caused by a misconfigured server
Quote:
mod_security thinks it is blocking a request to execute the cp (copy) command under *NIX.
Both quotes are from a phpBB Developer commenting on the phpBB Bug Tracker Report about this problem...

Bondings, is there any chance you can fix this?
Hammy
This error has been reported for Future Nuke.
The staff at nuke have said that it is due to the mod_security installed on the server. I understand he is trying to fix it for nuke.

Im sure he will see this here and fix it for this too.

It appears mod_security is going to be a big problem for future CMS's Sad
Marston
Yeah, or maybe the PHP dev's will fix the default mod_security rules.. Wink In any case...
Bondings
I finally found how to change those things, pretty easy actually. Anyway, I removed the "cp"-thing at the end of the url. It should be working now.

If there is another rule that really needs to be removed, please just ask.
Marston
It works.

Thank you very much, Bondings.
theonlygod
For security problems in php nuke, use Admin Secure Plugin, in Source Forge, it's a greate anti SQL inyection and cookie editor stealer.

SEEEAAAA
Marston
theonlygod wrote:
For security problems in php nuke, use Admin Secure Plugin, in Source Forge, it's a greate anti SQL inyection and cookie editor stealer.

SEEEAAAA
Unrelated... Rolling Eyes
mathiaus
Agreed but the actual problem is solved so ...
-close-