FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online gaming ?

xx77abs
Do you play gamers online ? and if you do, what types ??
i play RTS Very Happy
nakamaru
MMORPGs are my thing. I also like Gunz the Duel pretty well.
Raggy
Yeah, I like playing the occasional game online.

The first game I ever played online was Age of Empire II. It was after my first experience that I realized that custom maps suck horribly. That and the community wasn't what I would call...the nicest.

After that, I believe I played Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2. That is like the best ORPG and the people weren't all that bad. Quit this after 3 years of play. >.<

Then went to play FFXI which with its strange leveling system. I quit it just recently.

Now I'm waiting for new content for PSO:Blue Burst before signing up. I'm also eagerly waiting Phantasy Star Universe. >_< That game cannot come out soon enough.

Overall, I like MMORPG or ORPGs.
baseballbrad3
i play halo 1 (with xbox connect) and halo 2 (with xbox connect and xbox live) online. i also play the battlefield series online.
Deji
nakamaru wrote:
MMORPGs are my thing. I also like Gunz the Duel pretty well.

i wanted to try Gunz but could never get on cause its so busy T_T.. guess it must be good tho.
Bline
i love playing army games such as SOCOM 1 and 2, Call of Duty,
and i think thats it.

anything to do with the military is good!

ps. any one else plays socom?
lockwolf
Really depends on my mood

I play Zdaemon (a doom source port) online all the time.

Also I take time out of my way to play Gunz cuz that is so kickass and such. Knights online was great the first few minutes but got really boring.

I avoid counter-strike because so many noobs hack, which takes away from the fun of the game.
MonkeyWrench
i play games u buy like battlefield 2 online, i also play imperial conflict which is good.
Maxalou
I play Everquest(One), Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 1942 RTR. I also play Graal Online.
snowboardalliance
I only play AoE II The Conquerors online right now. so RTS
phonz
I play
-Guild Wars
-Jedi Academy
-Quake 3
-NFS:Underground 1/2
-Star Wars: Battlefront
-Soldat

All great games Razz
I use to play Pristontale, if anyone has ever heard of that
It was a free MMO, now I believe they charge you to play
pawelek
FPS
-Enemy Territory
-Americas Army
MMORPG
-Lineage

hmm SOCOM 1, what it is ?? it is good game ???

online gamming rules Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Cab00se
I play MMORPGS and FPS's including: Conquer 2.0, Guild Wars, FFXI, Battlefield 2, Counterstrike Source, Half-Life, Half-life 2, KAL Online.

Bold indicates current games
Kelcey
I don't play games online much at all. I play Warcraft 3 every once in a while and remember why I hate online gaming... the people on battlenet are freaking annoying(not ALL of them).
THE11thROCK™
For Online Games, I play RYL Risk Your LIfe, WOW World of Warcraft, Gunbound, Ragnarok Online and MU Online.

For RTS, I play CNC Generals Zero Hour, Tiberian Sun Firestorm and Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.

For MODs: that will be my own RA2 YR Projectalpha™.
Very Happy
Manimal
I play battlefield 1942 multiplayer Demo and Unreal Tournament Demo online all the time.
thinking of playing battlefield 2 demo online.
As you cans ee i'm on a low budget.
Laughing
pawelek
if you dont have many try this shooter

www.americasarmy.com
toyzintheattic
Hmmm. I like playing Age of Empires II. It's pretty damn fun.

MMORPGs suck, though. Unless we're talking about Guild Wars...which is supposed to be great even if you hate MMORPGs...

Mainly because there's no monthly fee, and surviving in the game depends more on your skill rather than time playing.

Aside from that online gaming never seemed like a big thing to me. I do play the occasional SNES game with people over the internet via ROMs and me and a guy from this forum will play this game online that's similar to pictionary.
minikiltman
phonz wrote:
I play
-Guild Wars
-Jedi Academy
-Quake 3
-NFS:Underground 1/2
-Star Wars: Battlefront
-Soldat

All great games Razz
I use to play Pristontale, if anyone has ever heard of that
It was a free MMO, now I believe they charge you to play

i heard of prison tale there's a thread on my forums wdforums.tk look for it
sangook
1.) World of Warcraft
2.) Aliens vs. Predator 2 + Primal Hunt
3.) Diablo 2- Lord of Destruction
4.) Age of Empires 2 Gold
5.) Darkthrone (www.darkthrone.com)
6.) Survival Project (www.survival.com.my)
7.) Maplestory (www.mapleglobal.com)
8.) Adventure Quest (www.battleon.com)
9.) Guild Wars
10.) Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne
11.) Soon going back to Everquest or Everquest II, haven't decided which yet.

I know.... thats money consuming 2.

I pretty much only play online games, I just have all the other systems to say I have them. I do play offline Zelda games often tho.
Tasa
Mostly I play MMORPG
Right now I am big into Guildwars, but I have also played WoW and UO.

I also love a good mud and played Achaea for a few years.
clip
I've played Achaea but for some reason, it's hard to comprehend!
lucifertje
I only play project rockstar.
It's a mmorpg. You have to make bands and produce singles and such.
Really cool
amusic
I play MMORPGS too. THe online games that i played before were maple story, Rose Online. Another type of online game is Gunbound, it is not MMORPGS game, it is something like "Worms". It's quite fun. Besides, I also play fifa 2006 with my friends via direct ip. Is this consider an online game.. Wink
Josso
MMORPG's and FPS's...
Kelcey
I rarely play games online. I've played some XBL and RTS games.
Hanpusu-kun
I play most often Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 and also 3, theyre probably the most fun action-rpg's on the net.

Also I play Counter-Strike 1.6. Who doesnt in these days?
Exil
I'm playing a lot of Online, but almost the same games ^-^

Counter Strike Source -> shooter
Ragnarok Online -> MMORPG
World of Warcraft -> MMORPG

And many browser games ^-^
majorfeightner
Giuld Wars!!

Dante Shadeslayer, holla at me

Majorfeightner on Xfire
cortez_tb
i like MU .. ever heard of it ?! it's pretty interesting
Insanity
I used to play a lot of MMORPGs but then they got really addicting and really dragged down my school work and stuff so I had to stop... Sad

But now I enjoy the occasional CS or Starcraft or something similar (I'm old-school.
schumway
age of mythology
empire earth
age of empires
need for speed 2
CNC Generals
Diablo
MS FS 2004
Jaan
Online gaming is best with FPS in my opinion. MMORPGS suck you in and get you addicted (WoW, RS).
In my opinion, Battlefield 2 is one of the best online games, and so is CS
urangkayo
yeah i like play game online

i play Gunbound and PangYa Very Happy
Fenroy
The following are all games that I play online. Anything that is linkable will be linked.

Starcraft
Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction
BATracer
Quake 3 Arena (Demo)
A large variety of Yahoo! Games

I certainly play more games online than just those, but if you count Addicting Games, then I play far too many to list here.

I also play some games designed for online play offline. Case in point, Phantasy Star Online Ep. I & II.
INeedHelp
I used to play Starcraft all the time online. I really wish they would make a sequel to it. Warcraft had two sequels...I wonder why they can't make Starcraft II or something. Anyway I'm on hold with online gaming until I can get my new graphics card!
GoDHiM
The best game is CoD2, i play online every day. FPS games are the best for playing online...
SLNapster
World of Warcraft... Im addicted Mad
nmxdesigns
I play mainly either FPS or MMORPG. I love both, but MMORPG more.. If I can find a good one that is. Thought the thing I HATE about MMORPG it they're so addictive, they take over your life lol. Where as FPS is easier to play in periods. At the moment i'm playing F.E.A.R Combat, it's free and amazing, check it out if you're into good graphics, free Fps'S.. Ofc it's good because it's F.E.A.R, and great PC title..

-NMX Cool
Ka7raK
xx77abs wrote:
i play RTS Very Happy

Another "waste-of-time" thread. Please, don't flood/spam the forums with useless topics. There are 10/11 types of online games. Let's say 10% play A, 10% play B, 10% play C, and so on. What's the point coming here and saying "hey, i play RTSs online!". If every single person that uses those forums posts here saying what they play, we are gonna mess up with Frihost's patience and hard drive capacity.
xkobram
Get your asses up and start on-line gaming, off-line is about nothing!!! Start with FEAR Combat - free MP of FEAR!!
Fenroy
Ka7raK wrote:
xx77abs wrote:
i play RTS Very Happy

Another "waste-of-time" thread. Please, don't flood/spam the forums with useless topics. There are 10/11 types of online games. Let's say 10% play A, 10% play B, 10% play C, and so on. What's the point coming here and saying "hey, i play RTSs online!". If every single person that uses those forums posts here saying what they play, we are gonna mess up with Frihost's patience and hard drive capacity.

Man, just because people feel like talking about the different games they play doesn't make this a "'waste-of-time' thread". Sure, there are a few people who come into threads like this and simply post things like "I play RTS games!", but the majority of people actually offer some specific games that they play. I've found several games that I started playing, either online or off, in threads like this. So just because you think a thread is a waste of time doesn't mean that everyone does. Besides, the moderators and people with power don't seem to mind these threads. And if you feel that you can do better than them, then become a moderator and close threads that you don't like but other people do.
Haloer2006
I play:

EverQuest
Quote:
EverQuest

Kalonline (befoer it became all hackz0rz)

Quote:
Kalonline

Conquer Online
Quote:
Conquer

Qonquer Online (emu)
Quote:
qonquer

Maplestory(global)
Quote:
Maplestory

Star Wars Galaxies (SWG for a little bit)
Quote:
SWG

PlanetSide
Quote:
PlanetSide

COD1/2
Quote:
COD

Halo1/2
Quote:
Halo
ashen
I like to play MMORPG's like Ragnarok Online, Seal Online, Ran Online, and Deco Online.
healyrj
Ok, here are your options. You can buy this package and get three multiplayer games. Or you can buy the retail version of Half Life 2 and get Counter Strike:Source, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, and the story version of HL2. Basically, with this package versus HL2 retail, you will be trading the story version of HL2 for the multiplayer game Day of Defeat and whatever price difference there is.

Now with that out of the way, I'd assume you are looking at this page because you are interested in Counter Strike: Source. Good choice. There is a reason CS:S is the number one online game in the world. The game is amazing......it's that simple.

The game is set up around the premise of Terrorists vs. Counter-Terrorists. When you first join a server you choose which side you want to be on, the main difference being the weapons you will have access to. During the game each team has a different goal. One some levels the Terrorists have to plant a bomb while the Counter-Terrorists try to stop them. On other levels the Counter-Terrorists try to rescue some hostages while the Terrorists try to stop them. During each round you get 1 life. That's it! This means if you die you have to sit around and wait until the round is over. It's not a big deal though, the levels are generally small and well designed, and rounds don't usually last very long. Some of the positives of this system are that it discourages "Rambo" type play where people will just run around with guns blazing, of course some people still do that, but most people are more concerned about being careful with their life.

The graphics in this game are amazing! All the particle, smoke and water effects are extremely well done. There is a reason the Source graphics engine is so popular and it shows in this game. If you don't have an up-to-date computer you may have to sacrifice some visuals for performance, but the Source engine scales quite well, so as long as you aren't years behind you should be able to find settings that work.

A heads up to any parents up there, there is a good amount of blood in this game and obviously it is centered around shooting other people, so you may want to keep that in mind if you are purchasing for a kid.

Now we move on to the actual gameplay. I already touched on the one life per round aspect of this game, but as a new player you should be prepared to die...... a lot! You will die over and over and you will never kill anyone. That is a fact, and if you are going to buy this game it would serve you well to just accept that right now. Having played First Person Shooters in the past will help a bit, but you will still be nothing but a bullet absorber when you first start out. The learning curve on this game is a bit steep, and there are many people out there who have been playing this game for years. They have the aiming system down to a science and know every level like the back of their hand. There is also a little weapon called the AWP, which is a sniper rifle you will get to know very well. Mainly by the amount of times you are killed by it. This is a one shot one kill weapon and there are some players out there who simply don't miss with it. Suffice to say it can be quit frustrating when you are constantly killed from 200 yards while you barely get a chance to even see who shot you.

The point of all this is that it will require a bit of patience to learn this game and get to a skill level where you can be competitive. There is a neat little option where you can start your own server and fill it with "bots", which are computer controlled characters, and use this as practice. You can even set the difficulty level of the bots. While no AI can compete with human intelligence this is a good way to get better at the game and learn the levels if you are getting frustrated on real servers.

Overall, it's a great game that is being updated constantly with new levels and features. If you can get past the learning curve you will be rewarded with a satisfying online shooter that you will be playing for years to come. If you are easily frustrated and do not want to put in the time it takes to get good at this game you may want to pass on this and try something else.
Antek88
I play FEAR Combat online all the time:D. The game is very good.
-C4-
I don't do online.
Ka7raK
-C4- wrote:
I don't do online.

This really helps the topic.
Fenroy
-C4- wrote:
I don't do online.

If you don't play games online, then please don't post in a thread that is entitled "Online gaming ?" I personally don't like reading posts that are completely useless to the topic.

Now to the main reason I posted: I just remembered another game I play that could be played online, though I play it offline. Phantasy Star Online (which I have for the Gamecube, but is apparently available for the PS2 as well) is a great RPG for anyone at all. If you prefer an rpg involving ranged weapons, then make your character a Ranger. If you prefer magic, make your character a Force (though it's decidedly more difficult than any other class). Finally, if you prefer melee combat, pick the Hunter, who specializes in bladed weapons, but is still able to use limited magic and low-power firearms. It's a surprisingly addictive game once you get into it.
Ka7raK
Fenroy wrote:
Phantasy Star Online (which I have for the Gamecube, but is apparently available for the PS2 as well) is a great RPG for anyone at all.It's a surprisingly addictive game once you get into it.

PSO is a very good game but repetitive. Online is, definitely, a strange but good experience.
anzzek
online gaming its the best invent of the history (im joking the best its the tv where i play XD)

i've got a lot of games but the best its pes5 and online its awesome .......

maybe cuz i like football (soccer)
schumway
online is nice because you can not predict nor continue to play the game to figure out the AI.

people are usually pretty unpredictable until you get to know them... and they may react to different players online too so it makes it more interesting and realistic.

Also... AI's do not always get faked out like people can be... and people can not multitask as fast as an AI so it makes games more playable as well.

I find that a lot of games are getting more complicated to enable for online game play... even ones where they provide a hosting service. I do not understand why it is so complicated to get gaming to work effectively because it really is not that complicated.
kla_bor
I play EvE and It's amazing! i'm sure Haz will post aswell because he also plays...It's such a fun game with soo many paths to take and not many limitations. I would deffinately reccomend it to you because its a great game, you can get a free trial from the EvE website www.eve-online.com and if you talk to me in game i'm sure i'll be able to give you a hand[/code]
Timoses
and once again:
Silkroad Online pwns Very Happy
Soon there will be Europe. Does anybody have information about it if
Europe will be a different game of Silkroad or implied into the game?
I think it'll be implied since I saw a korean map where there is Europe on
the map along with China.
But,
CS:S is fun as well.
Can't wait for Crysis, multiplayer must be fun there as well... I bet.
Timoses
and once again:
Silkroad Online pwns Very Happy
Soon there will be Europe. Does anybody have information about it if
Europe will be a different game of Silkroad or implied into the game?
I think it'll be implied since I saw a korean map where there is Europe on
the map along with China.
But,
CS:S is fun as well.
Can't wait for Crysis, multiplayer must be fun there as well... I bet.