FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Back to School! It must Suck!

alkady
Yep thats right, On August 29th, It's back to School for alot of people! Even for me. And saying for the first time, I was actually enjoying my Summer Vacations because I got to Start a Business and by Year End, It should be Fully Operational!

So I am wondering, What's your Stories? Does it suck or do you look forward to Back to school? What were you starting to enjoy? etc!
Sappho
Since as a teacher i spent most of the Summer Vacations in the school anyway its not that big of a deal for me. Wink

Anyway i did have more time to spent for other things during these months, doing various freelance work. I am almost finished with it, hopefully next week, one can say that i did enjoy it but i am also looking forward to school year again.
mantasx
Yah, I'm 14. I wanna go to school, just so I could talk to my school friends... Other than that I think this summer was the shortest summer of my life. I just started skating, and I gues I had some really good time, cause time passed so quickly! I really started to like skating. It was a great summer. Cool
Srs2388
It's my last year
but it isn't going to be good... its going to suck like every other year.
Hammy
It's my last year too Smile
I got E's and U's last year so i dont know if they'll accept me back or not lmao. Im not really worried tbh lol. i dont know why i dont care

Anyways, i have anouther 2 weeks of holidays left i think. Duno really lol.
mschnell
I started classes the 21st. Yup, classes aren't too fun, but now that I'm in the business college, at least there are more cute girls (sorry to all you computer science majors out there). School's not all bad--just the classes and the homework. Everything else is great. I could start a list.

1. Living in a house with five friends and no adults.

2. Football season.

3. The excellent bar scene.

4. Living so close to so many people my age.

I could go on forever, but I'll stop. All-in-all I think school's not so bad. Maybe there's a big difference between highschool and college. Or maybe it's just where your friends are. Now when I go back to my hometown it's hard to find anything to do because everyone's gone--even in the summers.
Antek88
It's my last year too Very Happy, but is a mature Sad
SpellcasterDX
School started last week for me! On August 21st. Yea, imo, school sucks. But, since we are required to go to school, (at least my parents require me) I really have no choice.

The positives are that I get to see all my friends again, and I'm not locked up at home with nothing to do at least. So, it's not all bad. But what I dislike the most is the homework. I hate homework. It just takes up my time I have after school.

But at least the homework [seems] to be easy so far. It might change, but I'm hopeful. Smile
Yea, I prefer to not have school, but, it's good for me, so, eh, I'll survive. (Even though I still have like 10 years to go!) However, I think college will be cool. I don't know why, lol.

Yea, that's my opinion on school.
I know this is really not the question, but it's related to the question.
My answer to the question is: I already started school, and it's ok, but I don't love school.
caroline
considering the fact that school started THIS MONDAY for me and i'm taking WAY TOO MANY AP's, yes, I would say that school sucks.
hahame
i have leaved the school this year,but i still have not fond a job yet. i like the school life.
IceNinjaa
yeah come saturday my collegiate career begins. i cant wait to be honest. just cuz its college life! im sure the classes are going to suck but everything out of class will be good. no 8am classes either. thank god for that
Soulfire
I go back on September 5th, new Michigan law makes it illegal for schools to begin before Labor Day (yet they have no problem going 2 extra weeks into June).

We used to go back around the 23rd of August and get out around the 5th of June. Now we go back the 5th of September and get out the 14th of June.

Our school is not airconditioned, and there is legislation floating around that students will have to go for 190 days (instead of our current 180 day school year). But we won't get into that.

Guh... school...
The Czar
Different than here ... We have school nearly all year round ... Our only holiday is in December, a whole month off and then, January until November school and then December holiday, January to November school ... Yeah sucks but I love it ...
Blaster
I don't mean to brag but i go back on the 7th of september.
mceejaydee
I can't wait to go to school. I feel so motivated to get good grades now Very Happy Although there's a big chance I wont get good grades. Most of my grades in my whole life were bad from grade 4th-Present Razz
DRXX
School started for me..Like...7 weeks ago
I am in the 3rd Term and in year 7
Jaan
If your Aussie, we started school in January Wink almost finished our year Very Happy.
yabbie
Hi,

School is a gr8 place to go to. All my good friends are from my school days. Even college wasn't so much fun..

Rgds,
Arnie
This will be my last year before university, and though I'm looking forward to seeing my classmates again, it's going to be a terrible workload... Sad We have to write this huge paper in the last grade, spending 80 hours on it, and I'm still trying to get a good subject. Time is running, I hate that!
alkady
Blaster wrote:
I don't mean to brag but i go back on the 7th of september.

Damn, But I'm presumming you also finish school late? Thats how it's going to be for me because now that I'm in my Senior Years, We finish Later than those in the Junior Years by atleast 1 Week because their exams are earlier than ours!
snowboardalliance
Our school district just changed so that we go back after labor day so I still have until september 5th. So one more week of freedom for me.
Vrythramax
I never enjoyed going back to school after a vacation, now I want to go back and time and money don't allow it...not full-time anyway Sad
scorpiosemotion
I for one liked going back to school. It gave me a much need reprieve from the long boring summer days once I got into high school. To old to play, to young to go off by myself and miles from town there was nothing to do but work! We didn't even have internet back then! Not that that was that long ago, my parents just didn't see the need... I'm ready for another vacation now though work is gonna be the death of me! Confused

~Scorp
NexFrost
school doesnt suck, you get to see all your friends again.
bdoneck
I look forward to school somewhat. I really like being able to see my friends daily, but waking up and going to class is a drag
Jack_Hammer
Sappho wrote:
Since as a teacher i spent most of the Summer Vacations in the school anyway its not that big of a deal for me. Wink

Anyway i did have more time to spent for other things during these months, doing various freelance work. I am almost finished with it, hopefully next week, one can say that i did enjoy it but i am also looking forward to school year again.

'Since I am a teacher and spend most of the Summer vacations in school anyway it's not that big a deal for me. Wink

Anyway, I did have more time to spend on other things during these months doing various freelance work. I am almost finished with it (Finished with what? Your freelance work?), hopefully next week I can say that I did enjoy it, but I am also looking forward to the school year again'

I'm guessing you aren't an English teacher...
Dean_The_Great
I don't start classes until the 11th of September, but I can't wait. I'm going into my third year of theatre school, so it's a blast and it's what I love. Plus, as the third is the final year it's basically just productions, with a few added fun classes, so I'l totally looking forward to it.
Tatsumaru
Yup, I go to school the 11th of September so I still have some time. I don't like school at all but it has to be done haha.
heriass
Somebody has to do it
crimson_aria
I get nervous every time it's the first day of school. I don't know. Perhaps because I'm too excited? Haha! Probably no. I hate coming back to school but at the same time, I love it too. It's fun but it can also be boring. It's fun seeing your friends again. If there's one thing I really love about school, it's seeing and spending time with my friends. Hehe. It's a great excuse to leave whenever things get really annoying at home (and a great excuse to skip household chores, hehe).
_-WU-_-TANG-_
I'm about to leave for school right now. It's not that bad the first few days because you get to see all your friends that you've missed over the summer and it's something new. After a while though it gets boring and it's almost impossible to wake up in the mornings. Mad

Can't wait for basketball season though.
jongoldsz
School is the last place I want to be... I've just been in Brazil for 2 weeks, without a computer, and I'm not looking forward to school.
m00tmuffin
aye...sad seeing all of my high school friends go off to college now. I don't start til October second, so I feel pretty out of the loop...I sort of still have a month left of "summer", haha. I am glad, though, that my little brother is going back now...gives me something to give him crap about. /grin. the first day of school always sucks. I am looking forward to college, though, kinda scared...but it'll probably all be fine. Smile
mtoni
gheh last year for me....
I was really afraid of getting a pain in the *** school schedule, but it isn't that bad this year (last year was a real pain)
I have to start tomorrow morning at 10.00hr so I can take it easy

GL to you all with school :p
ncwdavid
School started for me today the 29th. It was the worst first day back at school ever. Lots of my teachers got changed which is a bad thing becuase I knew all my teachers from last year. I have big exams coming up this year. But im going to Los Angeles and to Austria skiing before that so that should clear my mind.
Arnie
You know your first day was bad when you got 3 projects and your juice cracked open in the rucksack.
Hitman.
I have been in the 10th for 3 weeks now. I am in my 4th week already. Seems like the time went by real fast.
Petee
I don't start school till the 5th of September, which I think is pretty cool.

I have mixed feelings about going back to school. I want to go back so I can see my friends and just have fun, like Sophmores in High School are supposed to Razz There is also Band/Pep Band and Basketball season that I look forward to.
I also don't want to go back, because school means homework, tests, exams, etc. And I don't like those.
arkebuzer
I actually really look forward to start my studies.
New school, new appartment, a fresh start Smile
It will be quite nervous, but all in all very interesting.

Been living with my parents last few months (during the summer hollidays), and even though it´s nice to live at home and chill I prefer to study... I feel I dont really evolve much having a simple summer job and living with my parents Razz

Back a few years ago I hated when the school started though... but that was mostly because there wasnt much new each year. On university it´s totally different I think.

Regards
//arkebuzer
secret_soul
I don't actually go back until Tuesday.... but I'm not looking forward to it! Sad
Tyreal
SCHOOL SUCKS indeed.But to think in 6 years i could be saving lives and stuff makes up for the lame teachers.Uberable Gym. and Brainmelting tests.
Rolling Eyes But ive got 2 weeks longer then you guyz Wink
Terrasis-Cian
I have a very positive attitude in returning to school this term. School is the only place where I feel I am reaching my full capacity for developing academically, socially, physically and spiritually. I am very pleased with my school which offers a wide range of activities, from Drama to Badminton to Science Competitions. I want to embrace every single part of school. I want to make friends, learn new things and try new games. It puzzles me that so many people despise school, when it can only ever benefit them. I want to be the most skilled, cultured and developed adult I can be and I know that school can help me in achieving my dreams and goals! Smile Very Happy
Kaisonic
This summer was, by far, the best summer of my life. I spend almost every day with my close friends, even got a girlfriend. But this year, back to school means college, which means that a lot of my friends are moving away. So this time around, back to school absolutely BLOWS THE BIG ONE. Usually I'd be fine with back to school, cause high school was pretty fun, with band and all, and getting A's in classes without trying at all. I'm at college right now, and it sucks. It really does.
-SonyGamer
I started school around 2 weeks ago. The first week or 3 are okay, then you realise that you're back to 9 months of hell.
Becky
I go back to school next wednesday.
Totally not looking forward to it.
I like bumming around on the internet all day and night
lol
But i cant do that during the school term Laughing
the1991
I'm starting my 19th year of school. Good times...

Actually I'm pretty excited about this year. I'm doing research in an STM lab all day long and teaching undergrad physics labs. Not too bad...
izimngcubes15
I don't like school at all, going to do tests, projects, homework, study for exams, and more! But I do like being in choir and show choir with my friends, it's really fun, I love choir!!!
Sappho
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Sappho wrote:

'Since I am a teacher and spend most of the Summer vacations in school anyway it's not that big a deal for me. Wink

Anyway, I did have more time to spend on other things during these months doing various freelance work. I am almost finished with it (Finished with what? Your freelance work?), hopefully next week I can say that I did enjoy it, but I am also looking forward to the school year again'

I'm guessing you aren't an English teacher...

Actually there is always more syntactical ways to write the same thing, but suit yourself Smile Same with repeating the subject once mentioned in previous sentence, its is not necessary at all.

I agree that i missed the did/spent grammar glitch, i should be ashamed Embarassed

However nope. I am not an english teacher even thou i do teach Creative Writing at the English Literature department at the local Uni. So sue me. Smile

PS.: Sorry for reopening this topic after such time but i wasn't here for almost 9 months and felt an urge to answer to atleast some of the old topics. Smile
erlendhg
I start at school at the 22nd of August.
Then I begin on what is called "Videregående skole" in Norwegian - think it is something similar to either junior high or senior high. Have not got so much into the British or the American school systems.

I have been ten years on school, and have three years with whatever it is called on another school, left...
Tatsumaru
I just saw my old post in this thread haha... my school starts a lot earlier now: instead of the 11th of September it begins on 27th of August. Man, that's a lot of days they decided to take us away Sad
ehecatl
Wow, august 29th?! Im not in school anymore, but school where I live doesn't start again until september 10th!