FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any other christian music fans

TarsajumaClan
I love christian rock. Bands like kutless, switchfoot, third day, 12 stones, day of fire, sanctus real. There are some great bands out there
The-Master
I don't really like most christian music, but it can be good occationaly.

I have'nt heard of the bands you talk about but I do know of several myself but they are local ones. LaughingThis is a major subliminal message. Please email me if you find it as I think it is really cool. My email address is the-master@supanet.com Anyway Congratulations if you found this as I really did think that no one would ever find it and it would be one of those things on the Internet that no one will ever find like one of those free sites that no one ever visits. Not like ones made on this site they are cool!!! I love this site and thanks for it.
TarsajumaClan
You should listen to them. Switchfoot is extremly popular amoung secular music fans as well.as christian music fans. The cd beatiful letdown is amazing. It contains a few hits like dare you to move, meant to live, and this is your life.
But my favorite still would be kutless. Take a look at their cd Sea of
Faces.
standready
TarsajumaClan wrote:
You should listen to them. Switchfoot is extremly popular amoung secular music fans as well.as christian music fans. The cd beatiful letdown is amazing. It contains a few hits like "Dare You to Move", "Meant to Live", and "This is Your Life".
But my favorite still would be Kutless. Take a look at their cd Sea of
Faces.

Those are good. Have you ever listened to Stryper?
TarsajumaClan
standready wrote:
TarsajumaClan wrote:
You should listen to them. Switchfoot is extremly popular amoung secular music fans as well.as christian music fans. The cd beatiful letdown is amazing. It contains a few hits like "Dare You to Move", "Meant to Live", and "This is Your Life".
But my favorite still would be Kutless. Take a look at their cd Sea of
Faces.

Those are good. Have you ever listened to Stryper?

Yes lol, they were a bit interesting. You like the old school stuff huh.
Panthrowzay
I LOVE christian rock

I went to a David Crowder - Third Day concert and i LOVED it my ex bf really got me hooked im a huge fan of Pillar Mark Schutlz Relient K and many others.

Its a really good thing for me i dont get to go to church as much as i would like to and its just a good way for me to have a reminder of my faith!!!!
Afaceinthematrix
i've heard most of those bands because my sistr and some of my friend are Christian rock fans. I look at Christian rock the same as every other type of music. I don't typically like a whole genre or dislike a whole genre. I don't like to look at it that way. I look at it a different way. I realize that every type of musio has some good artists/bands and some bad ones. With rap, some rappers are tight, and some suck. Some rock bands are tight, others suck. Some metal bands are tight, others suck. I like most jazz, but i'm not a huge fan of a few people. Most symphany is really good, but it's not if they can't play or are out of tune. So basicaly, I don't like saying a like a whole genre, such as Christian rock, or I don't. I more of look at it as some of it is good, some is not.
Nutteloos
Anyone who's even slightly into Christian rock should check out Neal Morse. His progressive albums are definately on my favorite lists.

(and there's a new one coming in spring '07!)
Yantaal
i thought rock was devil music?
Captain Fertile
A have never heard much Chrisitian music I like but I have never heard of any of the names you mention so I will go and check them out and see if there is anything there that I like.
jayrelle
I also listen to christian songs especially if its hillsongs. Wink
Jakob [JaWGames]
Personally I don't listen very much to christian music with some exceptions but some of my friends really loves it, they mostly listens to Torniquet, Mortification and Stryper if I remember right and some of theirs songs are really good.
7Pound7
music is music whether the contents is based on the christian world view.

good music by christian artists is in my opinion:

King's X
16 Horsepower
Galactic cowboys
Woven hand
U2
Moby
Lenny Kravitz
Demon Hunter
Lost Dogs
Adam Again
Seventy Sevens
Michael Roe

and many more
Ducksteina
If there's one thing I don't need it's Christian lyrics.
I don't listen to Christian music really. However, I do like some songs from As I Lay Dieing. Too bad I don't feel like listening to them because of their lyrics - because their music pretty rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlLXzCilWbA
ddukki
Christian music is one of the only music genres out there that are pure to its roots. I think that's why it hits home for me (other than the fact that it's my religion in music form). Awesome music and simple to learn, too. My favorites include Mercy Me, Kutless and Chris Tomlin (of course). Can't go wrong with Smokie Norful, though.
BladeRunner
ddukki wrote:
Christian music is one of the only music genres out there that are pure to its roots.

True to it's roots? It's roots are in Blues which ultimately evolved from African tribal music. Contrary to belief, music evolved Wink

Get thee behind me Stryper!

Very Happy
Ranti84
Stryper is excellent xD

I love Kutless, MWS, MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Switchfoot

I'd like to get more material of Benjamin's Gate and SuperChic though
achene
I like a lot of christian rock. Not that i listen to it every day but i think that bands like kutless are actually pretty good. And i must admit that i like the christian lyrics - since im a christian.
tony
old newsboys music - now thats some good stuff
ddukki
BladeRunner wrote:
ddukki wrote:
Christian music is one of the only music genres out there that are pure to its roots.

True to it's roots? It's roots are in Blues which ultimately evolved from African tribal music. Contrary to belief, music evolved Wink

XD I meant in the meaning of the whole thing. Everything's so mainstream nowadays that it's hard to see any Rap or Rock that stays original.
ThornsOfSorrow
Nutteloos wrote:
Anyone who's even slightly into Christian rock should check out Neal Morse. His progressive albums are definately on my favorite lists.

(and there's a new one coming in spring '07!)

I'd just like to support your opinion in saying that Neal Morse is indeed brilliant. I'm not the least bit religious, but I own two of his albums, and I'm always listening to them. The instrumentation is complicated without being overbearing, and the music as a whole is uplifting and enjoyable to listen to. I highly recommend his music to anyone into Christian music or progressive rock; you can download lots of samples from his website!
antihelldrummer
i love christian music. it's pretty musch all i listen to... and i love going to christian concerts. i've heard lots of bands live. Kutless is probably my favourite band because they keep a good beat but they don't sound cheesy. i like relient k too... mostly their older more overtly christian music though. i also like pillar... i really like their older stuff. i do not endorse their last album. I listen to lots of stuff... i'll listen to anything so long as the message is clean and tells the truth. JESUS IS KING!!! *antihelldrummer*
JBotAlan
I would listen to more Christian music, but I need a faster/heavier beat than most provide. I am listening to Casting Crowns right now, and I have some Third Day, Seventh Day Slumber, and Mercyme on my hard drive and iPod. I do like the energy; it's most definitely different from mainstream stuff-- *without* the lyrics it's still more powerful than the stuff you hear on the radio.

I went to a Third Day concert, and it was much, much cooler than the CD! I would choose Christian music over much of the other songs out there.

As for the lyrics themselves, I am Catholic, so they apply entirely. However, I believe that the music could stand on its own.
Killua
Underoath is christian rock, is very good, Very Happy
spaz-o
I find that sometimes the lyrics of the songs can suffer because of what they're trying to say - it can be hard to say properly. But yeah, some of it out there's pretty cool.

Some cool Christian Aussie bands are Revive and Rocket Dog.

Unfortunately Rocket Dog broke up, but they had an insanely infectious powerpop sound.
Revive are a guitar-driven band with a really smooth sometimes jazzy sound. They're worth checking out (I would put their website up but I've forgotten the link... Just google it)

I definately believe that there needs to be some heavier and more variety in Christian music. A lot of its really straight up and can feel preachy, which is not cool (even though I'm a Christian I don't like preachyness) But subseven are pretty cool (they're Aussie too, I believe). They're a screamo band. A mate's brother bought me their EP (Because she was giving me a present and she knows I like music and he knows music better than her and... yeah)

Yeah okay I'm done Laughing That's my ramble.
gnllr
I love Skillet, Pillar, and Demon Hunter--mostly Christian metal bands. I like the older stuff too, like the Crucified, Deliverance, Barren Cross, and Sacred Warrior. But my favorite of all time has to be Seventh Angel. They only came out with like two albums...it's a shame.
all-australian-reject
spaz-o wrote:

Unfortunately Rocket Dog broke up, but they had an insanely infectious powerpop sound.

Ahhaha yeah rocket dog, man it's a small world =P I often saw them playing when i went to watch FWIW. It's ashame both bands broke up.

As for christian rock, hmmmm, it depends what you call christian rock, there are the obvious choices like 3rd day and hillsong. But i would lean more towards bands like, Good Charlotte, MXPX and Underoath. These guys are christians and play some really good music. I recently bought the Japanese good charlotte DVD and they are really nice guys. They pray before their shows and their beliefs really show through in the way they represent themselves through their music and their actions behind the music. It's funny to actually listen to the underoath lyrics because once you get behind all that screaming and can actually see what their saying they have some really christian lyrics in there!

Well known bands for being christian i would have to say i like Reliant K, especially their album Mmhmm and also audio adrenalin and Rookie!

Im am not a fan of hillsong music at all, they put way to much crap in there anf think that the more the better, and dont woory about quality in to much of their songs. They also carry on way to much for my liking! Shocked
spaz-o
all-australian-reject wrote:
spaz-o wrote:

Ahhaha yeah rocket dog, man it's a small world =P I often saw them playing when i went to watch FWIW. It's ashame both bands broke up.

As for christian rock, hmmmm, it depends what you call christian rock, there are the obvious choices like 3rd day and hillsong. But i would lean more towards bands like, Good Charlotte, MXPX and Underoath. These guys are christians and play some really good music. I recently bought the Japanese good charlotte DVD and they are really nice guys. They pray before their shows and their beliefs really show through in the way they represent themselves through their music and their actions behind the music. It's funny to actually listen to the underoath lyrics because once you get behind all that screaming and can actually see what their saying they have some really christian lyrics in there!

Well known bands for being christian i would have to say i like Reliant K, especially their album Mmhmm and also audio adrenalin and Rookie!

Im am not a fan of hillsong music at all, they put way to much crap in there anf think that the more the better, and dont woory about quality in to much of their songs. They also carry on way to much for my liking! Shocked

Man Rocket Dog were love! I only gotta see them play twice (somehow I missed all the shows, finding out about them the day after, which sucks) But they were the nicest guys. I know Luke's in another band now, but I can't remember what it's called.

I agree, I prefer the bands with Christian members that don't necessarily focus on writing about God. Christian music isn't very attractive to non-Christians, anyway. I think they still do just as good, just probably not as outwardly.

Another great band with Christian members is Paramore. They pray before shows and everything which I think is really cool - and they're very open about their opinions and it's really encouraging to see. Like in a LiveJournal post Hayley (vocals) wrote something along the lines of: Don't feel the need to dress provocitvely on Halloween. I don't remember exactly what she said, but bascially they have views that are very much in line with mine and it's really encouraging to see.

Their LiveJournal's: paramoreband.livejournal.com