FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forrest Gump

marioflory
Forrest Gump... everybody knows the movie.... I recently thought about that sentence: Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. I love these words. I think they are very very true. But whose words are that? Was this sentence known before they made the movie? Was it a famous man who said these words first? I have no clue, but I'd love to know!

Anybody knows?
pudovkin
I think it's an original line...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump
Terrasis-Cian
Yes, i believe that they are original. It is such a great movie and it shows us such a wide variety of life. We see how the director focuses all theses things in towards the end of the film. It is a top clss movie one of my personel favorite.Smile Tom Hamks Rocks!
TarsajumaClan
One of the best movies I have ever seen. Tom hanks showed his amazing acting ability through that role. The man who came up with the idea is a genuis.
nitesh
One of the best dramas I've ever seen. I still wonder why didn't it win an oscar.
imera
i was young the first time I saw it, didn't understan that much then. I have seen it more than once since then, and every time it gets better, I also understand more of it every time :0)
fouiki
I think that Tom Hanks was on the top for this movies ! Maybe it s the better tom hanks film, no ?
agustin
one of my favourite movies i have ever seen.... definitely one of the best movies! also Tom Hanks was great!!! he is spectacular!!
Nigeria
i love forrest it was great they should make a sequel
angelussum
Great movie. I love how they put Forrest in so many relevant and important historical moments - and he is completely clueless and oblivious to them all. It's funny how there were so many little things that didn't really seem big to him, that had such a dramatic effect in history. Great movie!
descubiertero
It is of the best movies that and I dress in time ... lately they do not do movies as this in the cinema, many special effects and little script.

Sorry my bad english
La838
angelussum wrote:
I love how they put Forrest in so many relevant and important historical moments
Agreed, saw it again the other day, almost every scene has a historical moment, not suprised though, this is the same guy who directed Back to the Future Series.
TarsajumaClan
La838 wrote:
angelussum wrote:
I love how they put Forrest in so many relevant and important historical moments
Agreed, saw it again the other day, almost every scene has a historical moment, not suprised though, this is the same guy who directed Back to the Future Series.

I didnt know that but no that i think about lol. Im not surprized.
sumarik
This movie, has to be said that is one of the most touching movies of the hollywood.

And Tom Hanks, plays an astounding best play in this film: He is so talented.
What I like in this movie is that it reviews a sequence of historic incidents through his life while he is the main part of most of these occasions.

Cheers,
Peterssidan
The words that I remember are "Run Forest! Run!". I have seen it a cople of times. The words "Life is like a box of chocolates" perhaps means that life is full of good things but if you take too much you feel sick.

Forest gump kommer aldrig att dö! Razz
shinnoyami
Nigeria wrote:
i love forrest it was great they should make a sequel

no, that isn't a great idea.. the story ends the way it ends and the audience should be left to assume what happens to the gumps. A sequel has the potential of ruining the first movie.

I loved this movie, i saw it not too long ago. The box of chocolates metaphor is smart. I think it means that you never know what your choices will bring you.
Trent DeWhite
Forrest Gump is a tale of America's culture from the 50s through almost the present day, and it is brilliantly done. Tom Hanks' performance as Forrest Gump is quite simply flawless as an idiot savant who comes into contact with most of the significant events and people of his day. I have always liked Hanks as an actor, and here he puts in an unusual and yes, a brilliant performance.

But the real star of the movie is America of the 50s through the early 80s. The portion of the film that dealt with the Vietnam conflict was unforgettable, as we see large numbers of ordinary American boys swept into a conflict that they little understood. Gary Sinise puts in a very creditable performance as Lt. Dan, Forrest's platoon leader in Vietnam for whom the war is a personal tragedy.

The film hilariously shows Forrest Gump navigate through many of the key events in history during the periods. He meets Elvis and influences his style. He meets President Kennedy. He has a ringside seat in the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. He is caught up in the Vietnam War. He meets President Nixon and inadvertantly triggers the Watergate scandal (this part is really a hoot). The film's portrayal of the hippies and radicals of the 60s is particularly funny and in fact rings true.

This is a film that almost everyone will like, and which will touch even the most hard-boiled viewer. The DVD is a terrific value, and most viewers will enjoy watching this one many times.