FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Monitor Screen

asiddle423
Hi
My monitor screen is a tft screen, it has a menu on the screen where i can select auto adjust where it will put the display in the centre of the screen if the screen isn't aligned properly.

For some reason 99% of the time when i turn the pc on i have to select auto adjust to put the screen right because i will only be able to see about half of the windows logon screen because the screen image has moved, anyone know how i can stop it from moving so i dont have to keep aligning it everytime i switch pc on

thanks
andy
ocalhoun
Does it have a manual adjustment? If so, then use that while at the login screen.
asiddle423
No there isn't a manual adjust but i have found a memory reset so i have reset the monitors memory hopefully that will work.
tester9
this is normal. do not use auto adjust too often!!!!!

the windows logon screen might have a different screen resolution compared to your windows resolution. tft screens sometimes have problems with switching this resolution. this "screen" movement can happen in games with too.

try to change the logon screen resolution (registry entry...) . if it is the same as in your normal windows, something is wrong with your monitor.

Edit:
if you are "alone" on the computer and you do not use several accounts, try to deactivate the logon. maybe your problem is fixed then too.
asiddle423
im sure the monitor is fine now iv reset the monitor memory