FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Montreal and Quebec

fashioncrimewave
I just got home from a 6-day vacation in Montreal and Quebec. It was very beautiful there and I had a great time. Merci beaucoup!

Probably my favorite thing about the trip was wandering around Quebec and taking pictures, and staying at the Chateau Frontenac.

Anyone else have anything to say about Montreal or Quebec? What's your favorite thing to see or do?
iamsono
Actually, I live in Montreal yet I think its a great city to visit rather than live in. Mostly due to the extremely cold weather conditions. 8 Months of rain and snow and 3-4 months of Summer where 1 month is summer rain. It gets kinda depressing. Other than that .. girls here are great.
martichka
hello!

hehee montréal and québec... yeah these are nice citys and... I also live there!

These are nice to visit as iamsono said, but I also like to live there!

The ''Humid'' weather is the only thing I hate, but I love cold and rain and hot etc etc.

I like the 4 seasons and I just enjoy it!

Simple curiosity, where do you leave fashioncrimewave? Are there 4 seasons here?

Aurevoir! lol Laughing

Tommy.
fashioncrimewave
martichka wrote:

Simple curiosity, where do you leave fashioncrimewave? Are there 4 seasons here?

I live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. We have four seasons here, but usually the spring and fall are very short, which is too bad because fall is probably my favorite season. The summers are very humid and uncomfortable IMO.

I grew up in Wisconsin, where we had long winters and very cold weather. But the summers were much more comfortable. I prefer that weather to St. Louis.
art-of-orion
király montreál?
goutha
Montreal and Quebec are very beautiful cities... but winter is hard in that part of the world...

Spending 4 or 5 days is nice... living there, is kinda hard Smile
coolclay
They are not bad for cities, (which I really don't like all together). Its is extremely easy to get lost though. Very rarely can I travel through them without getting mixed up somehow. Personally I like the rest of the province Quebec much better then the cities. The little towns scattered here and there, are the best, and especially the hundreds of miles of undisturbed wilderness!!!
goutha
coolclay wrote:
They are not bad for cities, (which I really don't like all together). Its is extremely easy to get lost though. Very rarely can I travel through them without getting mixed up somehow. Personally I like the rest of the province Quebec much better then the cities. The little towns scattered here and there, are the best, and especially the hundreds of miles of undisturbed wilderness!!!

Good point !!
mialynavahy
yeah, i live in montreal, nice city but a little bit cold Sad
Now it s -20C ... but it s very beautiful in summer, lovely town
rhathar
I lived in Montreal for about six months... it was fine, except I got caught up with a really bad roommate/landlord. He was pretty psychotic, and had a very anti-francophone attitude from growing up in the city. It made experiencing the multi-culturalism very hard :/

I wouldn't mind going back, but it took a year or so to get the bad taste out of my mouth.
goutha
rhathar wrote:
I lived in Montreal for about six months... it was fine, except I got caught up with a really bad roommate/landlord. He was pretty psychotic, and had a very anti-francophone attitude from growing up in the city. It made experiencing the multi-culturalism very hard :/

I wouldn't mind going back, but it took a year or so to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Well, I guess it's a specific case... not all people in montreal are like that Smile
AtmaHex
I've only visited montreal and quebec, but from what I have seen, they are amazing and I've even thought of living there, but I live in Michigan..=/ Although I dont know much about either of them, it still seems to be a wonderful place.
mstreet
I love Montreal especially in the summer the Jazz festival is amazing. The old part of Quebec city reminds me sooo much of Europe. Poutine is the best and the huge Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwiches nummy.
k10000s
I traveled Montreal and Quebec in 2003 spring. It was owesome~~~ experience. I like both cities.
When I arrived Montreal, there was F-1 Race coming the next day. So there was like party whole city for the day before race. I saw big screen on the street hanging on the crane and a lot of people on the street. And the pops were opened until late night about 3 a.m. Although I slept in the car because all accomodation had already booked up, it was really good to be there.
Also, Quebec was one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been. I was happy to hang around there day time and nigh time. It was just lovely~~

The only thing that I felt hard was all street name was Franch.
tijn01
MOntreal and Quebec were one of my first travelling experiences, I really loved Quebec. Montreal is also very beautiful!
Actually, I love Canada and would love to go back there.
Shin
I heard that people in Quebec are very proud of their French language, and would go a long way to protect it. And try to create different words to avoid using English word. Quite interesting! I want to experience in such a environment.
sonnytheman
I live in Montreal as well, the summer there is absolutely great, I love it, but its hard with the extreme swings in temperature (from -30 C in the winter to +40 C in the summer), and I don´t like weather that´s too hot or too cold.

Otherwise, there´s always a lot to do, and its great having the two languages, you really don´t see that too often. Haven´t been to Quebec City recently, but I remember it being ridiculously beautiful.