FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dodgy Mouse

Vanquish
My mouse keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly, it's just a cheap 10 mouse that I bought as a replacement for the one that broke, it's only started to go wrong. It keeps disconnecting and coming back on, and says USB Device not recognised. It's an optical mouse and I have no mousemat, I had a mousemat but it was brightly coloured and they mess with optical mice. Does anyone have any solutions as to why it's not working? It's connected via my USB, but I have a connector that I can plug into the mouse slot and plug the mouse into that.

Neal Wink
FunDa
If u were using the front panel USB connector by any chance , try with the back panel USB ports.

I once found that a particular brand of flash drives (pen drives) were not recognised by the fornt panel but worked perfectly with the back panel.
Vanquish
I've tried both, and to be honest, it's working better in the front pannel.

Neal Wink
ocalhoun
Quite simply, connect it with the ps2 adapter (The round plug). There is no discernable advantage to connecting a mouse via USB, and USB is too unreliable for something as important as the mouse.
Vanquish
I had to read that 3 times then, I thought you were on drugs "PS2 adapter", "Erm, my ps2 ain't set up?" lmao

Neal