FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you talk about with your girlfriend??

picsite
I talk to my friend (whos a girl and im a guy) a lot and we just talk about random things that are happening in our lives. Then at times we'll talk about nothing and the convo will be dead. Then the next day it'll be 10x better than the day before and it just keeps going. So I'm just wondering how is it different with girlfriends vs. friends?
S3nd K3ys
picsite wrote:
I talk to my friend (whos a girl and im a guy) a lot and we just talk about random things that are happening in our lives. Then at times we'll talk about nothing and the convo will be dead. Then the next day it'll be 10x better than the day before and it just keeps going. So I'm just wondering how is it different with girlfriends vs. friends?

After being married for almost 12 years, we usually talk about current events in our lives, or joke, or desired positions for the night's festivities. Shocked
Srs2388
I'm 18 and she knows all there is to know about me... =p
we talk about pretty much anything, about how the day went, about the future sometimes... it's really great.
ColdFire
I was thinking of starting a new thread but i think this will fit in here just fine. I hope its ok with you picsite, this is your topic afterall.

To start things off she's not my girlfriend, but i am courting her for quite a while now & we mostly talk about seriously stuff, not necessarily boring, like her studies, music, painful experiences, etc & when we walk, she always "clings" to my arm or holds my wrist, but she NEVER holds my hand, nor will she let me hold hers.

And there's this other guy too. Dont know much about them but my sister once got a hold of her fone (they're close friends) & read their messages. She told me they were always exchanging jokes, or talking about everyday things, trivial things actually but that they're clearly having fun!

So, any ideas guys whether im faring better than this other guy? Rolling Eyes
seanooi
I talk to my girlfriend about everything. We talked about our past, present and future. It's like a no boundries conversation everytime and I find it fun.
davidav87
It shouldn't really be much different than what you talk about with your friends, just a bit more intimate.
I think the best place to be is to beyond the whole "nice-talking phase" because it's not particularly intimate or real.
angel_of_death
ColdFire wrote:
I was thinking of starting a new thread but i think this will fit in here just fine. I hope its ok with you picsite, this is your topic afterall.

To start things off she's not my girlfriend, but i am courting her for quite a while now & we mostly talk about seriously stuff, not necessarily boring, like her studies, music, painful experiences, etc & when we walk, she always "clings" to my arm or holds my wrist, but she NEVER holds my hand, nor will she let me hold hers.

And there's this other guy too. Dont know much about them but my sister once got a hold of her fone (they're close friends) & read their messages. She told me they were always exchanging jokes, or talking about everyday things, trivial things actually but that they're clearly having fun!

i here had the exact problem. my friendship with her is probably over now. i dunno how to cope with it. how can you?
scotty
ColdFire wrote:

Put a cap in his arse.

Or put ur arm around her when you walk, it doesn't say as much as holding her hand but it's better than her clinging to your wrist.
desertwind
Thank god that I dont have a girl friend.

No thinking, no worries.
benjmd
Since a lot of people would say that your spouse should be your lover and your best friend, I would hope that you would talk to that person as a lover and as an intimate friend. Being boyfriend/girlfriend is just a step along the road to that point, so you should expect it as such.

Key differences:
(1) Most friends don't call each other cute little nicknames too much (sometimes, but not too much like couples tend to do)
(2) Most friends don't talk about kissing/touching the other person

Both differences are related to the role of "lover."
Stlstg
Quote:
I'm 18 and she knows all there is to know about me...

No offense bro, but if you are only 18 neither of you know enough to know what you know and what you don't know.

Wink
Linda_B
For me conversations are generally just random topics that come to mind... I never used to be good at making conversation so I always relied on my counterpart to start it off and I would continue it. Hence I always blamed the counterpart for a dead conversation. Having gotten over myself I am currently a waterfall of words and I can't always remember what it is I was talking about, but somehow that's not even what is important.

For me, the nicest thing is lying in bed with my partner and just being able to say anything and everything and just listening to the other persons voice. It doesn't really matter what is being said at all.

Other than that, conversations will run from anything to everything. Fun, sad, gossip, anything that's happening in our lives and the world in general.
frozenhead
Me and my girlfriend talk of most things happening around us. From our common and different interests, about our favorite sports, our dreams. I think we talk about almost everything.
benjmd
Stlstg wrote:
No offense bro, but if you are only 18 neither of you know enough to know what you know and what you don't know.

Wink

I disagree.... you're definitely NEVER old enough to know everything about the world, yourself, or another person.

That being said, wisdom and knowledge are not very well associated with age. If you've been best friends with someone since the age of like 3, it's quite likely you and your friend know more about each other at 18 than most people who are 50 or 60 do about any person in their life. Those types of relationships, that type of closeness, can happen at any age. No matter how old you are, there are new experiences on the way that will teach you more about who you are and who you are becoming.

If you want more to talk about - well, try finding more to experience!
goblinish
Isant it nice when you feel like you dont have to say anything all the time? Talking is good of course but its great when you can just feel comfterable sitting quietly and enjoying the moment.
DarkJad
"Isant it nice when you feel like you dont have to say anything all the time? Talking is good of course but its great when you can just feel comfterable sitting quietly and enjoying the moment."
IMHO, it's the most undervalued part of a relationship. There are few memories I treasure more than one of me sitting on a rock with my girlfriend, overlooking a river, and just holding hands. No talking.
Not that I don't like talking, but like you said, it is great sometimes, to just enjoy the moment.
twinknation
When you have as much in common as me and my significant other, you never run out of things to talk about. I find half the time we don't get to sleep at a decent time because we're so busy talking about everything.

We have the many of the same hobbies, but not all the same. Our views are similar, but not always the same for everything. So we pretty much have a lot of room for discussion. We can debate, but we never argue. We don't agree on everything, but we can understand each other.

What do we actually talk about? Well, as I said, everything: Work, hobbies, friends, his drawings, my story ideas, relatives, the future, world news, etc. He's my best friend.
briancoit
We talk about anything and everything.

Only been with my partner for about 9months, but i'm living with her - not in ideal circumstances, but all things considered, I'm happy, and I hope she is.

She's my best friend, she's the one person I could tell something, even if i couldnt tell anyone else.
Keran
When i talk with a girl i always care the most to make her laugh and to make her enjoy the conversation. Mostly topics come up themselves while in conversation. But if they dont come i talk about things we have in common or just about how great she is ;>
briancoit
Keran wrote:
When i talk with a girl i always care the most to make her laugh and to make her enjoy the conversation. Mostly topics come up themselves while in conversation. But if they dont come i talk about things we have in common or just about how great she is ;>

which is fine, imo, until you're on an intimate level with that person, when laughing, and hearing how great she is, isnt exactly what she wants to hear 24/7 Wink
Tvis
It's just that I like girls for talking, because you talk different things...With guys you have to more male to talk about things. Like we go mountainbiking. About how fast we go, about the mud, about how difficult it was climbing. With girls you talk about the nature being so beautiful. That there is no smog, you can hear birds singing...

It's a different world, because those soft things are not male enough to talk about. But as a man I also like to talk about useless things once in a while. So for that I love to talk to girls.
Citizen Kane
Just about anything. I discuss everything that happens with my G.F, apart from details about school, which I discuss mostly with a friend (who's in the same class).

So pretty much everything.
dancingfire
picsite wrote:

I think everyone needs to approach each individual from separate angles. I might not talk to some friends in the same mannerism as others, and it's because different personalities react in different ways. I think it's best to only let out as much as you can trust in the person, if trust is absolute why not just be totally straight-up? It is the best way. I'll add that when people are around each other constantly conversations will run dry at times, not everyone can entertain others 24/7 Razz
Frusciante
I had a girlfriend who I was, and still am, crazy about, but I don't really know how to talk to her like a boyfriend. She broke up with me because I "acted like we were only friends." She tells me that I say the same things over and over. I don't know what to do. I'm a quiet guy. Any advice?
Dean_The_Great
I think you should be able to talk to them about anything, just as you are able to talk to your best friends about anything. The only exception, I would think, is talking about other women... that's something you'd probably best avoid. This grows into a big problem of course, when you're not exclusive, because then most of your current events involve other women. Coming from experience, not where you want to be.
Greatking
We were just friends from the begining and we talk a lot about many things. Since we became more close and intimate, we still talk about everything. We talk about ourselves what we feel or think about some issues. we talk about sports, politics, religion, our future, our ambitions and a whole lot. Most of the time we talk about soo many things that sometimes we end up talking about nothing.
deanhills
Frusciante wrote:
I had a girlfriend who I was, and still am, crazy about, but I don't really know how to talk to her like a boyfriend. She broke up with me because I "acted like we were only friends." She tells me that I say the same things over and over. I don't know what to do. I'm a quiet guy. Any advice?

She's obviously not the right girl for you. Perhaps you had nothing really to say to her as a consequence. She understood that more than you did? Once you are with the right girl, you will notice conversation will flow spontaneously. You won't even be aware that you are talking to her and what you are talking about. Chemistry will take care of everything.
pollux1er
One thing you should know is that your girlfriend can be your best friend. What are you talking about with you best friend? Wink
ptfrances
I can speak about everything with my girlfriend and I like that.

This is really important for me
Wink
manlear
ColdFire wrote:

Umm, sounds like shes playing you to me.... but it's just my opinion. And to respond to the posters post. I am a VERY RANDOM person. So we could be having a normal conversation about our day and i will randomely start talking about cheese-its. So i guess its your personality that contributes to the conversation.
Melacos
talk about whatever she wants to talk about I guess... Smile
manlear
Lol ^ true. But what if shes not a talker?
bsbteng
If you lover her, you will talk everything about you. If she love you too, she will be interested in your speaking. If she doesn't pay more attention your talking, she might not love you.
Please pay more attention her heart.
mk12327
ColdFire wrote:

In my opinion, she is probably only treating you as a very close friend rather than a boyfriend at the moment. Of course you may still stand a good chance as time passes. She is probably very comfortable being a close friend of yours, since she "clings" to your arm and hold your wrist. But to a girl, not letting you hold her hands in this case most likely mean that she trying to hint that she does not regard you as her boyfriend.

If you hope to speed up this process of her accepting you, i think you might need to introduce a variable in the "friendship" between you and her. Most variables are harmful to the friendship if they fail to make her treat you as a boyfriend. One effective variable i could think of is to have another girl interested in you. If she does like you, she'll most likely be jealous and make her move. And if she doesn't make a move despite knowing someone else is interested in you, you probably stand a lower chance against the other guy.

angel_of_death wrote:
i here had the exact problem. my friendship with her is probably over now. i dunno how to cope with it. how can you?

What do you mean by friendship with her being over? If you had moved on, chances are you may still stand a chance to keep a friend.
mk12327
ColdFire wrote:

In my opinion, she is probably only treating you as a very close friend rather than a boyfriend at the moment. Of course you may still stand a good chance as time passes. She is probably very comfortable being a close friend of yours, since she "clings" to your arm and hold your wrist. But to a girl, not letting you hold her hands in this case most likely mean that she trying to hint that she does not regard you as her boyfriend.

If you hope to speed up this process of her accepting you, i think you might need to introduce a variable in the "friendship" between you and her. Most variables are harmful to the friendship if they fail to make her treat you as a boyfriend. One effective variable i could think of is to have another girl interested in you. If she does like you, she'll most likely be jealous and make her move. And if she doesn't make a move despite knowing someone else is interested in you, you probably stand a lower chance against the other guy.

angel_of_death wrote:

What do you mean by friendship with her being over? If you had moved on, chances are you may still stand a chance to keep a friend.
MrImpatient
You might ask why is my name mr. impatient, well im going to tell you...skips the long a$$ story...basically i was with my girl for 4 months and we loved eachother than i had to move and we decided that we love each other enough to try to work out this long distance relationship...............................................too long and hard for me to finish im just thinking about her all the time its driving me to insanity!!!!!!!!!! I love you RANDI P. !!!! <3!!!!!!!!!!!!<3!!!!!!!!!
MrImpatient
Do you have a girl you just think about every F'N second of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrImpatient
........That it basically gives you a ****** headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RP<3
MrImpatient
I wish i had the energy to tell you guys my story it's making me cry :"( RP<3
andro_king
SMILE. If you smile when you talk you will put that feeling in what your saying and in turn make her smile. Sounds stupid, I know but trust me it works.Always show an interest. Even if you have to give an opposing opinion, don't be too forceful with a disagreement though.Relate back to earlier topics in the phone conversation to prove she has maintained your interest. This will impress her.Provide support if she has a problem, and answer a question that has been bugging her--even if you aren't sure of the answer, provide someone who can help her.If you just don't like talking on the phone, let your girlfriend know that and maybe you could talk on the computer through IM.If whenever there's silence for more than a few minutes, it's best to end the conversation.Don't say "uuumm...okay" if you think what she said was unusual. This will make her feel uncomfortable and unwilling to talk to you about things.No matter what, make her feel like she's the most important woman in your life (even though she may not be), make her feel like a lady...Never be shy or nervous. They will notice and may think that you are too scared to talk to them. Be witty and outgoing..Always say the truth and try to not hesitate when you're telling a lie. Girls like a genuine guy.
Ronymajani
Well I agree with Half or even mostof the things said before and mainly all conversations are involved with experience you've had and I find that it is best when bothof you have similar interests and hobbies that u can do 2gether and talk about it later Razz Laughing Cool
indianinworld
deanhills wrote:
Chemistry will take care of everything.

Iam not going with this..... What if he and she meets daily or want to speak over phone daily ??

If he cant, then he can not. That is the truth. Chemistry / Physics / biology can all bring in attraction, but not words for conversation....
indianinworld
MrImpatient wrote:
I wish i had the energy to tell you guys my story it's making me cry :"( RP<3

Well, tell us (or atleast me) whenever you can...
ujjwalshrestha
Talk what's in your mind - things that are interesting to you, things that matter for you.
Don't talk on the topic just because someone suggested to you. Try to be yourself.
ankur209
LOL ! Why would i tell you that Smile
Its personal Laughing
Hexes
ujjwalshrestha wrote:
Talk what's in your mind - things that are interesting to you, things that matter for you.
Don't talk on the topic just because someone suggested to you. Try to be yourself.

Well in some particular situations it is not the best idea. Normally I am talking about programming, graphic design and other computer related topics. While we are talking with girls we have to adjust our interests Razz Now we are fans of opera and Mongolian ballet. Smile
mukesh
I have no any Girlfriend Laughing