FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

System Of A Down Fans?

anathema
Hi! Anyone who like System Of A Down?
I think that this is the best band in NU Metal right now and they are very special for their social/political way to write songs...

My favourite song: Toxicity (...and Album)
LukeakaDanish
They are an extremely good band, and they used to be my favourite.

I dont listen to them anymore...here's why:

1: They won the MTV music awards
2: Their new music is rubbish/average-pop in my oppinion (which explains why it won the MTV music awards)
3: All the beautiful energy from the first 3 albums are gone

I actually still listen to toxicity and S.T.A. sometimes - but im not in the mood for it that often...

If you like them i suggest listening to Queens of the Stoneage - they are similar but a little cooler Wink
Nintendo
hated them, but i did like one song Very Happy. they did a funny version of the legend of zelda theme, that was a good laugh xD "Link, he come to town! come to save! the princess zeeelda!" etc xD
>HERE ARE THE LYRICS<
theyre quite amusing xD. i dont know where a DL is though, someone sent it to me Smile
engeland
Listening to them in a mixed up rock/metal playlist is good. They stand out based on lyrics and sound. But listening to their whole album at 1 go can be pretty irritating.

BYOB is my fav
nitesh
I though "Toxicity" was great... agreed that their songs are bit different but they sound good anyway. Check out their music videos , they are much more wierd.
cyph33r
I really thought they were very original when they first came out. I must say that I by far enjoyed their first Album much more than any of their later stuff, although I think they are still great. They are very good at making music fun to listen too....
Antek88
I like this group! I have a discography System Of A Down.
anathema wrote:
My favourite song: Toxicity (...and Album)

Yes, this is the best rock album in the world! Smile
jcvincent
One of the great NU Metal bands. I like their songs. I love the way they show the inequality in their society. Great song writing, great music, great band members and a great band. System of a Down may be one of the best bands that I ever saw. (In NU Metal Scene)
Ducksteina
System of A Down is not Nu Metal. It's Alternative Metal.
But yeah, some songs of them are cool and made it into my "Best Of"-playlist in iTunes. Smile
XeononyX
Yes System of a Down is an extememly good band. And unfortunately when a popular band gets extemely popular they are forced to change their style. System of a Down has a little but have seemed to stay to their roots a little bit more than others.

System of a Down live is a sight to be seen, it is amazing how thier live music is close to the album music. I have seen many bands that are not like that. If you are on the wire about if you like or dislike them if you see them live it will sway your opinion because they definately rock live.
unknown
XeononyX wrote:
Yes System of a Down is an extememly good band. And unfortunately when a popular band gets extemely popular they are forced to change their style. System of a Down has a little but have seemed to stay to their roots a little bit more than others.

System of a Down live is a sight to be seen, it is amazing how thier live music is close to the album music. I have seen many bands that are not like that. If you are on the wire about if you like or dislike them if you see them live it will sway your opinion because they definately rock live.

I agree. I love them.
They have a awsome future ahead of them. I think they will end up as one of the most loved bands if they keep it up.
Wahwah Man
LukeakaDanish wrote:
They are an extremely good band, and they used to be my favourite.

I dont listen to them anymore...here's why:

1: They won the MTV music awards

You shouldn't hate them cause other people like them. It just means other people enjoy them like you
arclight
I like system of a down a lot. My favourite song is Hypnotize and then Toxicity.
cheh
I like them. They have realy good songs!
My favourite song is Hyptnoize. The good ones are also B.Y.O.B and Lonely Day. But normaly I don't listen to that kind of music.
coozy
I hate it. I don't like system of a down. Twisted Evil
cooltoolfool
I love System of a Down. I think their the best band. Read some news latley that they have gone on a break or what there calling a hiatus. There saying that there not spliting up just taking a break.
There has been a lot of tension between the band members. On Ozzfest Daron changed the lyrics to Lonely Day. He sung "Such a lonely day, hanging out with the band. This motherf#*ker, I can't stand" while looking at Serj. But maybe they just did this to stir things up.
Lusiphur
I am a huge SOAD fan.

For the record System did not do the Legend of Zelda song, it's a huge misconception because of newgrounds listing it on one of their flash animations. It was by Rapid Monkeys or some other irritatingly random name, once I find it I will list it Smile

For anyone that has had the pleasure to see System live I'm sure that you can't argue that they were breathtaking. Serg has the greatest stage presence I've seen, when he stands on stage he seems to fill it completely.

Best song for me is tied between Lonely Day and Roulette.

Best album is their first (self titled) closely followed by steal this..
Sava
they had some very good albums but they don't play like that anymore. I don't know what hapenned with them ... they lost their inspiration I guess Smile
Remember Chop Suey, Psycho ?
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
It's more like linkin park or something like this since their last two albums...
largelyobscure
I think if linkin park and system of a down did some sort of project together like that new project that mike shinoda did there, but with system of a down -- it would sound sort of like the new system of a down, but it could also be different and sound ... I don't know... a little odder, but it could be good.

I think we just would have to hear it to know, but I do see your point.
largelyobscure
By the way, I loved 'Chop Suey'. That was no doubt some of their best.
Lusiphur
I think if SOAD and Linkin Park did a song together I would be violently ill.

Think about it, System are a heavily political group, majority of their songs are to make you think about whats going on around, some songs about how we are slowly killing the world that we will leave to our children (who will then be forced into war) or about advertising taking over the world. Linkin Park are about what? I'm also a LP fan, but they are just to different from system to make an effective collaboration.

Only group they could possible do it with would be Rage Against The Machine, they are also stongly political with their music so it could work.
Jupernia
SoAD's music is ok. I like there older music alot more then there new stuff. I think they lost alot of the edge they used have when they started to make music that was more mainstream.