FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the movie entitled The Notebook

dainty_nellie
Is the movie The Notebook beautiful?????I'm interested to watch that but I want to know if its really touches the heart of everyone.
Sappho
Indeed it is, one of the best romantic movies out there, and i really mean romantic movie not blockbuster crap like Titanic Wink

Even thou i think Walk to Remember from the same author is better. Wink
bryanbel
The notebook is really good movie... it really made me appriciate my lover more. Even though is already been showned many times in cable TV, I always catch my attentioned and made me watch it again.
JoeFriday
I agree that Walk To Remember is better.. but most of Sparks's books are very good, in spite of his very plain writing style
Rsam
My friend(guy) started sobbing at the end of the Notebook and we have't stopped ribbing him about it since. I loved the Notebook though.
nitesh
I will call it an intensely romantic movie...on the same lines as Walk to remember.
Sabz
One of the best romantic movies I've seen as it portrays love really beautifully. Definitely watch it.
crimson_aria
Watch it. It's a really touching and romantic movie. It's a great film.
Abysmo
Rsam wrote:
My friend(guy) started sobbing at the end of the Notebook and we have't stopped ribbing him about it since. I loved the Notebook though.

I know it's always good to put on a mate, hell that's half of the relationship I have with all my mates - how well you can take and give crap lol. But I honestly think it's impossible to not cry in that movie. My ex made me watch it at least half a dozen times and it brought a tear to my eye everytime without fail. I don't know if I could read the book though (or other books by the author). I don't get so teary eyed about books as I do about movies really. Those of you who have read the book and seen the movie, is the emotional effect that is in the movie present in the original?
angelussum
I love Rachel McAdams. She's amazing in this movie.

I can't say that this movie was that good though. Yes, the actors were absolutely amazing, but I felt it moved too fast in some spots, and didn't really develop. There was massive overload on the emotional side, but I really think that this movie is missing that extra bit to make it a good one. The same thing goes for the book. Oversimplified.