FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pantera

ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
I think that anyone listening metal music know this band... wich was THE best band i ever listened... don't you think so?

why dimebag darrel was killed last december :'(:'(:'(
lpbrasil
i like pantera is a good band, but the death of dimebag darrel was very bad for the band.
Rosanova
Hi there,

No one has been written into this topic for years, why? Pantera has/had so much influence into the to days metal scene, that they still deserve to be keept alive.

I still understand the incident regarding Darrell Abbott, he was a great guitarist, and I think that he would be hard to replace. R.I.P.

But we still have Phill's Down and Vinnie Paul Abbott's HELLYEAH, and I'm still praying for that we some time in the future would see some Pantera again.

Cheers!
Srs2388
Pantera is awesome! Cool I love cowboys from hell.
Ozzy
PanterA were the best! Extreme Thrash Metal at its absolute finest!!

There were even rumors of a PanterA reunion in 2005.

Sad

Darrell 'Dimebag' Darrell will be missed, but his music still lives on!
Rosanova
Hi there,

If we're turning back the Pantera glam days, would I say that I'm into the most of Pantera. They really did kicked some a****s, and I can't stop to listen to them today either.

Hail to the Cowboys from Hell

Cheers!
froginabox
Pantera = amazing.

I play at least one Pantera or Damageplan song every time I do a metal radio show. My favourite songs are Cemetery Gates, Psycho Holiday, and Cowboys from Hell.
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
Did you heard Rebel meets Rebel album? It was recording with pantera's band (except anselmo) and David Allan Coe. It's like...country metal, and it's good :p
gtherockgod
Wow haha, way to resurrect an oooold topic. But yeah, if you're a big Pantera fan definitely check out Rebel Meets Rebel. If you're not a huge man it might not be for you, but it should be in every big fan's collection Smile
Motoracer380
he didnt deserve to get shot true...but you dont really know what he coulda done to deserve it..its a tradgedy yes ..maybe it was just some jealouse musician but might have been drug related
achene
Yes. Dimebag was a great guitarist.
I also like a lot of panteras stuff. They have some very insteresting riffs and such.
I never really liked their sound. Too "cold" to me if you know what i mean.
But a great band indeed.

Achene
hsadmin
The year I started listening to pantera, was the year dimebag died.

I think either revolution is my name, or walk was the best song.
clydejaw
these guys are ****** sick! \m/

2 bad the band had its tragic moments.
Archetype
I started listening to them when I was about 12, so almost 10 years ago. The first thing I heard by them I think was 'Planet Caravan'. My buddy stole all of their CDs from Columbia house, and ended up giving them all to me. So, they're one of the only bands that I have the whole discography of in CD format. Laughing

I'll never forget seeing Pantera 3 for the first time either. Some crazy stuff. They were my first metal band in general, and basically got me into other sub-genres.

They're still one of my favorite bands today, and it's too bad that Dime had to go the way that he did. Even though there was a lot of bad blood between Phil and Darrell, no one but the one who murdered him can be blamed for his death.
Fright Knight
Pantera is fine. no offense but i like a more melodic style. although i like some of their songs. I guess dimebag was shot by just an avid fan. (so avid he want his idol to go to heaven at once).

first listen to pantera when i was 10. My cousin forced me to listen to it. but i liked them months later. Rest in peace dimebag. we'll see each other less than 100 years from now.
Sir JC Vincent
Pantera was already disbanded when dimebag was shot to death.