FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pokémon

Reiji
Hello,

Any Pokémon fans out there?

There´s news! A new season is supposed to start in September, its a new story, new characters and more!

Ok, comments please.
hlavco
In my opinion, the Pokemon TV show stinks. Ash is annoying, he only uses Pikachu and ignores his other Pokemon, and it seems like there's some sort of festival going on in every other city they visit. The first season was all right, and the first episode was even good (any coincidence that Team Rocket wasn't in it?). The new seasons aren't very good, and the show has brainwashed the general public into thinking that all Meowths can talk and stand on their hind legs.

But that Pokemon Chronicles show, the one that centers on different characters in each episode, is a big improvement. Still not that great, but acceptable.
QrafTee
hlavco wrote:
In my opinion, the Pokemon TV show stinks. Ash is annoying, he only uses Pikachu and ignores his other Pokemon, and it seems like there's some sort of festival going on in every other city they visit. The first season was all right, and the first episode was even good (any coincidence that Team Rocket wasn't in it?). The new seasons aren't very good, and the show has brainwashed the general public into thinking that all Meowths can talk and stand on their hind legs.

But that Pokemon Chronicles show, the one that centers on different characters in each episode, is a big improvement. Still not that great, but acceptable.

Man you are right. I remember watching the old school episodes (catching using Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur, the part with Haunter, etc.), but it gets too repetitive later and nothing really matters later.
fromegame
I never liked the tv show, but the Gameboy game is very cool. Laughing
Coclus
poekemon is the greatest shit i have ever seen its so bad Twisted Evil
Hylian-Knight
Bah, I used to love Pokemon but the seires started to lack something. The Kanto seires were easily my favourite and why won't he let Pikachu evolve!?
exarkun
I love pokemon! The fights are powerful and awesome, and the latest pokemon characters are super cool as well. So is their new legendary pokemon. It is getting more and more powerful.
vahsi000
i too think the first set of pokemon were cool and i just got sick of team rocket blasting off over and over again. When it comes to games, i played most of the pokemon games but i've only been able to finish the first pokemon red/blue & yellow (in addition to pokemon stadium).
m_furquan36
pokemon is a kewl show and game has anyone here playn the game need to ask how do u get redi ice or rock or whteva so i like...ash hes like born to be a poke master u guys agree??well anyway i find pokemon kewl and all but beyblade better pokemon advance started here but like ended in like a week don no y though every thing is ending fast like one piece,digimon and etc all those animes i mean ppl i iv been watchin pokemon sence i was like 10 i loved tht show even now u guys should go on www.pokemoncrater.com or sumthing like tht anyway its all about pokemon battles u guys must know rite...if not then go on google and search for it make a account and u can battle online trainers like u can also lvl up ur pokemon i hav a lvl 100 blazeikin(i think i spelt tht wrong)and like a lvl 65 houndoom and so on swarmpert and etc anyway chao!
xframe
I remember playing blue version years ago. that game is classic....as for the show...was never really into it especialy with lameass team rocket.
Raijenki
The new seasson of Pocket Monsters (Pokémon, as known in USA) is called Diamond/Pearl, which the protagonist is a girl that want to be a Pocket Monsters Master like Ash! her's name? Hikari.
She goes with Ash to a new adventure...
Oh, and we have two new lendarys pokemons that i cant remember the name XD
Etcetera
The first episodes were good, and they stayed good for a while. Things weren't so peppy back then, charmanders were left out in the rain (ah, damian) and I liked the opening theme song Surprised. When it started getting a bit too peppy and predictable, then it went downhill. Sad though, so much promise ;-;.
Rad Ultima 2
I have only watched like an episode or so and didn't like it, sorry. Sad Going a little off-topic here, I just recently learned in college that there was a Pokemon episode in which hundreds of Japanese children had seizers (spelling?) because of the rythem of a flashing red light. Not exactly sure on the details, but though it was an interesting fact to share.
QrafTee
Hylian-Knight wrote:
Bah, I used to love Pokemon but the seires started to lack something. The Kanto seires were easily my favourite and why won't he let Pikachu evolve!?

Ash wanted to evolve Pikachu against his wishes once so Pikachu called Nintendo forcing a legal custody battle to occur. Ash was given loose custody under the guidance of Nintendo and Pikachu has a lot of free will in the contract. Nintendo threatens to sue Ash and destroy his family/friends if he evolves Pikachu (now even if Pikachu wants it because it would hurt their revenues via defamation of Nintendo's Pokemon franchise).
rayx
I really like the pokemon game i almost finish al version of this game.
DopeyCriz
I play all pokemon games, They are alrighty. People call me the Pokemon Expert, as I know where you catch ANY pokemon, by back of my hands.
Im looking forward to playing Diamond/Pearl.

Quote:
has anyone here playn the game need to ask how do u get redi ice or rock or whteva so i like...

Quote:

This is taken from KidzWorld...

Legendary Regis Pokemon Walkthrough for Gameboy Advance
The first thing you need to do is make sure you have a Relicanth Pokemon and a Wailord Pokemon. Once you have those, head to Pacifidlog Town and surf west. Dive into the water once you find the strong currents, you'll find letters in Braille under the water. Head back to the surface, use Dig on the middle of the Braille, and head into the next room.

Put Relicanth as your first Pokemon and Wailord as your last. Then press on the slate in the Braille to cause an earthquake. This unlocks the three Legendary Regis Pokemon so you can capture them.

Capturing the Legendary Regi-Ice Pokemon
To catch the Regi-Ice Pokemon, head to Dewford Town and surf north. Find the guy on an island with trees all around him. Head left and up 'til you find an island with a mountain. Head into the mountain, find the Braille wall and press A in the middle of the wall. After a few minutes a door to the Regi-Ice Pokemon will open and you can go catch it.

Capturing the Legendary Regi-Steel Pokemon
To catch the Regi-Steel Pokemon, head to the Safari Zone but, instead of entering, go left upstairs and then north 'til you find an area that's raining. There's another cave with Braille in it here. Use Fly in the middle of the cave and you'll find the Regi-Steel Pokemon in the next room.

Capturing the Legendary Regi-Rock Pokemon
Start in Lavaridge Town to capture the Regi-Rock Pokemon. From there, head right until you're in the desert and then go to the upper-right corner of the desert. Find the mound here and head in to find more Braille. From the middle slate, go down two spaces then right two and use Strength. Once the door opens, head through to find the Regi-Rock Pokemon!

There you go.

I can't wait to see more new pokemon to come.
www.pe2k.com
They got the news.

~DopeyCriz
ItsWesley
I don't really like the pokemon anime, its all just too samey and repetitive. The games are alright but I hate that they have to release two versions of the games usually...
bernardnapoleon
I used to like Pokemon but that was way back then when I was just a kid about grade school. I can say that its Trading Card Games is way cooler that than watching ash slowly walk in my Gameboy.
-C4-
Used to, watch it once a month at least once bored stiffed.
urbanbuddha
oldie, but a goodie.

I'm surprise they've lasted this long like the power rangers.

Always a fun watch for nostalgic reasons =)
4ndY
pokemon > yougayoh Very Happy

i enjoy wathcing pokemon, it rests my brain Smile
theLOGANhole
Does anyone know if they have the DVD's out for the previous seasons, I enjoyed them so much when I was younger I've been looking around, if anyone knows let me know.

I loved the original 150 but I am willing to watch the newer ones...
mackhenry
theLOGANhole wrote:
Does anyone know if they have the DVD's out for the previous seasons, I enjoyed them so much when I was younger I've been looking around, if anyone knows let me know.

I loved the original 150 but I am willing to watch the newer ones...

yes ,there are dvds in india
also in another dvd they have 5 pokemon movies
if u want them come to indiia
Wink Wink Wink
rileyvace
hlavco wrote:

I agree, Team Rocket I feel ruins it. It's just a big gimmick now. I prefer the games myself, and the show twists the story line to suit the characters. I only watch it now to see new pokemon. I like to hear how they've ruined the voices. Lol
rileyvace
DopeyCriz wrote:
I play all pokemon games, They are alrighty. People call me the Pokemon Expert, as I know where you catch ANY pokemon, by back of my hands.
Im looking forward to playing Diamond/Pearl.

[

I'm just like you!!

People call me the "Pokemon Researcher" Lol. I can give you a rough explanation of the pokemon's characteristics are, and their Pokedex reading, but recently I have seemed to forgotten most of it. I have 1 of each PKMN on my Fire Red save though.

And Diamond/Pearl are great, I've played the Japanese versions, and it improves where Ruby/Sapphire/FR/LG messed up.

Lets just say:

Contests - awesome
Pokemon Design - awesome (some weird, like this hippo pokemon :S)
Pokemon cries - awesome
Graphics - awesome
DS usage - awesome
Overall - AWESOME!!!

Too bad i'm stuck cos' it's japanese. I'll just wait till the european one is realeased, or better yet, import the american one Very Happy
QrafTee
I watched two episodes of Pokemon Diamond Pearl (the one airing in Japan right now) and it was great. Mainly because the new character Hikari brings in a new essence to the show. Honestly, I think it would've been better if Hikari would go solo and new bad guys showed up (Team Galaxy or whatever). At the end of episode 1 where Ash and Team Rocket show up, it really annoyed me... I don't understand Japanese, and the episode had no subtitles, but I enjoyed it because I understood what was going on. I hope Pokemon Chronicles spins off to a different show starring someone other than Ash and the three (annoying) stooges.

BTW, I know a show with ONLY Hikaru would be Contest-only, but seriously if done right it would be a good premise to build on. And I don't mean ban Ash form the show, he could be a once-in-awhile character who shows up to help out, but man I am tired of seeing that loser do the dumbest things in that show.
eku53ru
I used to follow the Pokemon series very closely, but I think I began to lose interest after having gotten to the Johto Champions (was that what it was called?) arc in the English dubs. xD I loved the way that Brock (or Takeshi XD) was quick to hit on any girl that crossed his path. Although I was a bit annoyed at how his relationship with Professor Ivy was never explained in detail, it's fun to speculate what may have happened. XD

I've heard about the Diamond Pearl season, and it's nice to hear that the main character Hikari is a girl.
onlybooks
The game made on pokemon is quite amazing than the TV show......

I love to play it rather than see it......................... Cool
destiny
i absolutely love pokemon..it never fail to surprise mi..actually i feel that its kinda of childish but i liked it.Especially the theme songs, they rox.
The games r even better i guess.
niitdn-diendan
hey...(^_^) i like Pokemon best,thank for bring webs
wilan
Never really watched nor followed the anime but the game series is alright though.
tyrant
Whoever it was, should have just stuck to the gaming scene and not venture into the media market.
BHSDKP
Pokemon is awsome! The T.V. show gets on your nerves,due to the constant repeating of: Team Rocket flying off,and a battle of some kind.
The game is a different story.
The first 3:Red,blue,and yellow,in my opinion were okay. The new generations are awsome,since they expand what you are able too do. Like the Sevii islands in Leaf Geen and Fire Red.
mansonivan
pokemon? i like d movie version. haven really watch the tv show yet. izzit good? where should i find it?
VG Wyvern
I like Pokemon. Well, the games at least. The show is just... well, not quite up to par with the games. The first season was good though. Oh, and Pokemon Chronicles is at least watchable.

Remember when Pokemon cards were still popular? Yeah, I still have my first 150 (well, missing 4 from that I think) and some from the next 100. I'm one of the four people in a school of 500 that likes Pokemon somewhat.
legendaryduelists
I liked the videogames of pokemon, now that i got finally a Nintendo DS, im willing to acquire one of the games, purely to raise my favorite pokemon and feel what it gets to battle a friend.
anonymous21
I'm a fan of it. Go, Pokemon!

Usually, I watch it's episodes everyday in Channel 7 (In my country) and in Cartoon Network.

Gotta Catch 'Em All! (My PokeDex is still not complete... (In GB SP)... /sob)
Battlefront
i hate pokemon. i only play the games. the fights are boring. you don`t actually see the pokemon attack each other in the anime and the manga doesn`t follow the anime
hiquality
i like Pokemon A LOT!!! The tv show is cool and i like all the Pokemon computer games!! The only thing that i don't like is that Ash uses mostly pikachu , ignoring the others. That's not too nice of him.
anonymous21
I really like Pokemon, but there is something annoying happening around it and it's ASH KETCHUM. He uses only Pikachu in every battle (Which is very distracting because Pikachu seems so little and WEAK but he defeats mostly bigger and more powerful monsters...) instead of training more with Charizard and his other Pokemon.

I kinda like Misty and Brock more because they are so funny. Ash is the "stubborn" and "uneducated" in the group - so that's why he is very annoying sometimes. I like the touching scenes like when Ash and Pikachu were separated and all that (Hmm...) First up to the latest episodes.

The Pokemon GameBoy was much better than the cartoon version... You get to catch the stronger Pokemon easier than in the cartoons, surf all you want, and battle other people with the same type of GameBoy tape.

Still, watching Pokemon in the television gives me inspiration and joy. Smile
PennyCopper
I like the games and their spinoffs. (Trozei for the DS is insanely addictive) and the designs of the monsters are generally pure adorableness.

I've never been super fond of the anime, however. But then, it's for little kids. I'm not supposed to like it or it's repetativeness! ;D
Seiji
I started watching Pokemon Diamond & Pearl to prepare myself for Pokemon Battle Revolution. But Pokemon Battle Revolution ended up being the worst game I ever bought so I rarely watch Pokemon D&P anymore.
JackJackJr
in australia, where i live, there is 2 new games that have just come out, diamond and sapphire, i heard they are really good. if they have come out where you are plz tell me. thanks
karrupin
Yeah Pokemon!! I really like Pokemon till I have this thought in my mind, I wanted to name my first child Pikachu Laughing , seriously I meant it..
vaoger
i like pokemon but dislike the tv show!
i played all the handheld version of pokemon! it rock!
TheNightClan
i used to love it to bits and had the gameboy games cards and watched most of the tv shows but its sort of gone down hill and isnt as popular anymore, its still there but sort of hangin in, the constant flow of new generations of pokemon are annoyiong too as just as you get to know one generation a whole friggin new one apears and tere are twice as many as before ... some of the names are a bit naff too.

the original generation where almost defiantly the best ...

the tv shows were so predictable without see ing them you could predeic when team rocket would appear AND how ash would beat them. the show was too corny for my liking.

i was reading other cvomments and heard of one that concentrated on lots of different trainers? that sounds better!!

there are about 11 movies now troo!! how are we supposeed to keep uop!?!?
mimic
Pokemon was certainly a classic. Very Happy Loved the early episodes with all the original pokemons. Love the grass type pokemons and the water types.
deadswan
I don't mind watching Pokémon... But I much prefer playing the games lol

Never seemed to get bored of them for some reason Confused lol
Mr. Green
erlendhg
I played the Pokémon card game for a while. While all the other kids were collecting cards for fun, I put together a deck and tried it out. It was kind of a light-version of the famous card game Magic, so it suited me well in my age back then.

I also remember the original (the first) Pokémon tv shows. It was of course fun back then, but I hate it now. Although I find the (original, again) Pokémon song quite cool. Especially the German version Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlZ5n0cyak&feature=related

And no, I am not German.
ato784
team rocket is bad....
evilgeniuself
Pokemon is, for me at least, one of those things that I really enjoyed but no longer find any entertainment with. When I was 8-9 years old, and there were only 152 Pokemon (including Togepi and Mew), it was a highlight of my day. I had all the cards (excluding Togepi because it wasn't out yet), and kept with the Anime every Saturday. When I watch it now - even if I'm watching reruns from the very first season I enjoyed about 8 years ago - it just doesn't entertain me. My little brother loves it, which just means that it has a good grasp on its target audience. My only gripe would be that each set of new Pokemon is overpowered or legendary (or both). Instead of having a few legendaries here and there, now it seems that every third Pokemon is a legendary, and instead of having a balance between types and sets, every new set can easily destroy the old sets. When I found my old cards and let my brother borrow them, we discovered that the original Charizard, the extremely rare one that everyone in elementary had to have or their life was incomplete, failed miserably to even the common cards of today in stats alone. If a series is going to continue on, it's not cool to keep raising the power levels making everything overpowered and generally pointless. That's my only gripe though, and it still seems to go well with its target audience, which is nice.
fullmetalalki
yah, pokemon surely was revolutionary when it first came out. And such imagination, just spectacular. The animated series was good as well. But then it was ruined by the continual addition of more pokemon, as if you can ever actually "catch them all" without cheats of some sort. The video games were fun but way too repetitive and growing up, the show just seems stupid.

plus, im much more of a digimon fan Very Happy
Zombie
I'm not into pokemon anymore, I was extremely into it when the whole thing started. but i'm into mtg now...
Bannik
I was a big time comic fan, literally i was insane about it like anyone else, but then my balls dropped and I realized how totally stupid the show was

animal cruelty, i mean no offense but capturing animals just for the sake of fighting made no sense, plus letting KIDS catch em and use them in any way they wished is just stupid....I wouldn't let a 10 year old near my dog.

stupid characters, seriously they made no sense in how they acted or how they fought....it was just stupid.

Personally the idea behind pokemon is genius, everyone loves animals (of some kind, in some kind of way), the best for the Pokemon franchise is too recreate pokemon for an older audiance.

a better storyline where before being able too catch Pokemon you need a license and be older the bloody 12 years of age. (can you imagine your parents letting you go off into the world by yuorself at the age of 12, my parents would have killed me if i left the house without telling them0

ACTUAL damage done, don't stupid attacks but actually fighting (bites, scratching etc) show some blood even....

make it a lot harder too catch Pokemon (lets say like that level 1 Pokemon are weak an are just company the higher levels can fight, this way you can still have thousands of Pokemon but only a few can actually be used too fight)

serious issues, actual love story (has pokemon ever had a succesful love story - i mean ash and misty, i always thought near the end she might go for him but damn....)

actual villains - seriously team rocket are just dumb.....
love_her_freida_pinto
i still reckon the original pokemon was the best. After they started adding new pokemon, characters and what not, it got boring and i couldn't even remember all the pokemon. d(o_o)b
PleoMaster
I uset to love Poke'mon I aint really watched it in a while Razz I still play on some of the DS and Gameboy games because they have a good story line to them Razz
hamza1122
Pokemon was great when it first started. The original is always best. After a while it just looses it's luster. Good for the new generations tho. =)
sum12nv
pokemon is shit. the only point of pokemon is the game and every game is ewxactly the same but with different pokemon.
QrafTee
sum12nv wrote:
pokemon is shit. the only point of pokemon is the game and every game is ewxactly the same but with different pokemon.
... Wow, you're pretty sharp.
EximiusNero
I love the games, so much fun. I'm currently playing Fire Red and watching the first season at the first time, so awesome Smile
RubySlasher
Pokemon is the kind of show that you only watch every 10th episode of. Because you won't miss much.

The games are awesome though. *waiting for Heart Gold and Soul Silver*
belo-dc-laptop
Pikachu is the cutest. The one who dubs pikachu is also cute. I love pokemons and I myslef is a pokemon. Kidding! Very Happy
paskifire
I remember the days where I'm playing Pokemon Green, Red, Blue, Yellow (all time favorite) in my Gameboy. Then who can forget pokemon trading card game? I miss those days
Parkour_Jarrod
paskifire wrote:
I remember the days where I'm playing Pokemon Green, Red, Blue, Yellow (all time favorite) in my Gameboy. Then who can forget pokemon trading card game? I miss those days

Trading Card game was the best...
ajitha999
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:07 am Post subject:
inuyasha
I love Pocket Monster Advanced Generation the best! Pokemon Diamond & Pearl seems boring and the plots are just repeating. So, recently I just watch the latest movie of Pokemon.
It's really a good news that Pokemon DP will soon be put an end to.

By the way, of all the Pokemon movies, I love The Prince of Sea - Manaphy and the Sacred Star of Seven Nights the best. Unlike the 2 movies mentioned above, the 2 movies in 2008 & 2009 are just rushing to their ends without any moving plots. I hope this year the Pokemon Movie will improve Very Happy
amperx
well the pokemon cartoon sucked, it became so repetitive and the antics of TR became so boring that i just cant get my self to sing along with their jingle anymore lol, but the games release by the pocketmonsters title was all great, it even had a much good story than the series, and all the towns that you visit just seemed normal, not like in the series, almost all town that ash visits is in a festival or something XD
ato784
QrafTee wrote:
hlavco wrote:

Man you are right. I remember watching the old school episodes (catching using Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur, the part with Haunter, etc.), but it gets too repetitive later and nothing really matters later.

so true. I also remember watching the first episodes, but now the show has just gone bad. I don't like any of the new characters and they do feel extremely repetitive. there is also no real emotion any more in the show unlike in the first episode when Pikachu did not even like ash, a fact that almost everyone has forgotten.
jigoku05
paskifire wrote:

You play Pokemon TCG? Yuck! It's for retards! Jajaja!
macky
Reiji wrote:
Hello,

Any Pokémon fans out there?

There´s news! A new season is supposed to start in September, its a new story, new characters and more!

Ok, comments please.

lol. i always remembered pikachu... the way of saying "pika pika pika" hahahaha....
QrafTee
jigoku05 wrote:
paskifire wrote:

You play Pokemon TCG? Yuck! It's for retards! Jajaja!
Whoa, uber hater here. I used to play it a long long long time ago... but then I stopped. But those who still do, more power to you.
rayxzero
The game is more interesting than the show. I hope they put this game on Nintendo Wii.
catscratches
^ Well, there's Pokémon Battle Revolution, but I've heard it's not very good.

(There are also the spin-off games: My Pokémon Ranch, Pokémon Rumble and PokéPark Wii.)
QrafTee
catscratches wrote:
^ Well, there's Pokémon Battle Revolution, but I've heard it's not very good.

(There are also the spin-off games: My Pokémon Ranch, Pokémon Rumble and PokéPark Wii.)
None of the console Pokemon games are good mainly because the developers of Pokemon games are obviously lazy. They refuse to do contact animations instead wanting to go for turn-reaction animations which is find on handheld devices, but they look horrible on consoles.
Radar
When Pokemon first came out, I loved it, but I didn't make the transition to any games after the first one.

I think I'm correct in saying that they stay with essentially the same formula, which is great, and appears to work wonders, just not for me. I kind of feel like I've been there and done that.
drunkenkoz
Pokemon was such an epic game when I was a kid. Remember playing it on my Game Boy color, but I haven't had any handheld systems in a while.
inuyasha
Hey, guys! I found Pokemon Move 2011 DVD has already been released! There are two versions this year. I'm looking forward to them~
mochipie
Heh heh the last Pokemon game I played was Sapphire. That was an amazing, and life-altering game. Smile (No seriously, I don't think I would have gone down the path I'm in right now if it hadn't been for that game. Learned so many lessons, met so many new people, experienced so many new things... yeah you get it.)

Last time I watched a Pokemon movie was when Herman Cain accredited that line to the ending song of Poekemon 2000. Obviously, once you hear that, you gotta go watch the movie.
loremar
Last Pokemon I played was Emerald I think. I played them all through gba emulator.
donoob88
ash uses his pet pikachu for a long time. it is okay but it's getting boring for now.. i watch pokemon for a long time. i watch how he use his pet. when new seasons come, ash leaves all his pet except for pikachu, his bestfriend. well, if it's in game, it should be high level, 90 or higher. i turned off when i watch ash and pikachu fight to a weak opponent, they should defeat them in one shot but it's ouch, they're likely became low level again. Confused
drunkenkoz
I enjoyed the first season of Pokemon when it was first released, but after they started releasing more and more Pokemon it became repetitive. I really enjoy the first three games that were released which were red, yellow, and blue.
nextime
wow i really pokefan, and my favorite pokemon zapdos cz his just weak with type ice, i remeber when play red and blue version in my mobile :p
Arrogant
Well I like One Piece,Naruto,Bleach
One Piece by Eiichiro Oda is the best.
Luffy explores the ocean in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as One Piece and become the Pirate King
Cosmoslayer
Best wishes seems to interest me but still I love the old Pikachu, the fat one! LOL
codersfriend
I think pokemon in manga is much more interesting and realistic than the tv series since players are also involved in pokemon battles
Carame1_6ir1
I wub pokemon..
I often play the games, but I didn't watch the anime.. well, only several..
But I know a website called http://pokefarm.org/ which we can raise pokemon there.. ^_^
shashwatblack
I loved growing up in an age where you could buy everything relating to pokemon - bags, geometry boxes, exercise books, stickers, even chewing gums.
I have watched and rewatched all the episodes from the first 3 seasons (indigo league, orange league, and jhoto league). The new seasons, i don't like. The pokemons are just plain dumb, and look awful.
Speaking of the games, i have played a few but haven't been much into it since i never actually owned a gamaboy growing up.
codegeek
Pokemon was a part of my childhood. I watched a lot of the shows on TV (I ended up watching them all in my teens on my laptop). I especially liked the parts where the Pokemon evolved. Those were absolutely thrilling moments.

I have played a lot of the games too. In my view, those games were way more addictive than the super high graphics 3D games of today (except Skyrim, Skyrim is awesome!) which can be classified as flashy light shows by comparison. I even loved the catchy title songs of the series. I can honestly say that I was never bored while watching or playing Pokemon in those days. I tried watching a new episode of Pokemon last week. I don't know if it was because I have grown up (hehe, probably not!) or because the general quality of the show has decreased, I did not particularly like it. I think the old shows were far better.
numed2012db
codegeek wrote:
Pokemon was a part of my childhood. I watched a lot of the shows on TV (I ended up watching them all in my teens on my laptop). I especially liked the parts where the Pokemon evolved. Those were absolutely thrilling moments.

I have played a lot of the games too. In my view, those games were way more addictive than the super high graphics 3D games of today (except Skyrim, Skyrim is awesome!) which can be classified as flashy light shows by comparison. I even loved the catchy title songs of the series. I can honestly say that I was never bored while watching or playing Pokemon in those days. I tried watching a new episode of Pokemon last week. I don't know if it was because I have grown up (hehe, probably not!) or because the general quality of the show has decreased, I did not particularly like it. I think the old shows were far better.

True that! Particularly about the addictive nature of the game and the pokemon's anime quality now. I think the first generation(or even second generation) of pokemon are way more adorable than those that are portrayed in the latest season I saw in my country.
Xerol
o love pokemon :yahoo: