FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wireless Signal Dropout

big_matt13
Ever since i got my Netgear WG 311v3 wireless network card, the connection always drops out after about 45 mins, i use WEP encryption, but i dont think that this has got anything to do with it, because i have a laptop that uses the wireless connection and that doesnt have any problems, i have re-installed th netgear software countless times, and have even tried using windows to configure the connection rather than the program supplied by netgear with the card. but no matter what i do, nothing seems to make it stay conected.
Jaan
It is probably your settings or your router. Try a hard reset on the router. Also, WPA is a lot tougher to crack than a standard WEP key. If you are far from your router, try a signal extender. On your router, look for something called "nailed up connection" or "idle timout".
Good luck.
askchris
1. Try looking in to the power management settings for both the wireless device and also the computer, as aggressive powermanagement settings can cause drop outs on certain wireless hardware.

2. Purchase, if you do not already have some, alchohol based contact cleaner spray. Power down the computer, spray on both the computer and wireless device, where they connect and wait for a minute or two, reconnect and power back up the computer.

http://www.askchris.frih.net