FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blaster's rant on the chocolate by LG

Blaster
Ok well today i just got The chocolate by LG well i was putting in all my contacts and downloaded my ringtones and the battery died. Well this was respectful and so i charged it. So i charged it and it said everything was fine and it was charging. I let it charge 8 hours and i came up and saw it was done. I was like ok and took it off the charger. I tried to turn on the phone and what do you know it don't work. I tried numerous amounts of time. Then i was like well maybe its just my battery. Well my sister has the same phone so i swaped the batteries. My batterie on her phone worked fine. Hers didnt' work in my phone though. So now my phone is unusable and i have to most likely take it back. Now if you know me i rely on my phone and need it on a daily base. So now i'm screwed over and don't have a phone.

Now dont' come telling me that i don't know how to turn it on and stuff because i do i'm not stupid.
Dark_Jedi06
That's why I'll just stick with Nextel brick phone...

It's indestructible and has never failed me. Wink
Blaster
i bet i could break it. but nextel's plans are too expensive for me
CyanEyed
get a cheap, rubbish phone that will last a month or 2. then get the LG KG920.

google is ur friend.

btw, if u want it now, carphone warehouse is stocking it.
orno
CyanEyed: Have u seen the size of the keys on the KG920??

they're "miniaturer" than the keys on an 8800, and that was already bad enough...

im happy with my Nokia N73, although it doesnt have WLAN Sad
Dark_Jedi06
Blaster wrote:
Well my dad just happens to work for the company so the phone and plan were for free...after the merge between Sprint and Nextel, though, I think they changed that policy.
Blaster
Dark_Jedi06 wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Well my dad just happens to work for the company so the phone and plan were for free...after the merge between Sprint and Nextel, though, I think they changed that policy.

Then it isn't that bad really. But that phone that CyanEyed was talking about did look nice. But orno made a good point

I'll just go back to my LG
hades9366
LOL I just got a Motorola RAZR V3x a few weeks ago that did exactly the same thing. I had to post it to Motorola and they sent me a new one but I did have to wait a week and a half.

I thought the sales pitch was that all new tech is supposed to make our lives easier so why is it that the more these things advance the more headaches they cause us?
standready
@Blaster they just don't make them like they used too! I have had this nokia 5150 for 4 1/2 years and still using the original battery. Now, Cingular insist I upgrade to match their new system. I cannot have a phone that has a camera (job reasons), so I am looking at the Nokia 6030 or 6061?
coreymanshack
I own an LG with verizon wireless. I don't quite know what it is called or the model number. It's a flip phone and I haven't had any trouble out of it. There are those few, blaster, that come from the factory wich are screwed up out of the box. I would suggest just taking it back to the place where you got it and try to get an exchange.
Blaster
coreymanshack thats what i plane on doning. i just want my money back for my ringtone thats what i'm worried about.
Teddy1
I understand you want your money back for the ringtone but thing is you won't get a refund for it. They may just send you a new one if they can't repair it. If they can possibilities are they'll change the battery and check for faults. Conclusion of this Don't i repeat Don't go with LG Wink
Blaster
If i get a free ringtone then i'm fine with that. I tried my sisters battery and it was no good. I think the circet board fryed.
Teddy1
Possible. Easiest way to find out is send it back to the manufacturer or the retailer for a refund Laughing. I don't think the retailer will like that Wink
toughtrio
My personal favourite is the old Alcatel A3x series. Nyways, I use the nokia 6630, but the N91 would be a better choice for professionals.
In here (DUBAI), ppl and mbl phone companies under rate every company other than NOKIA. So I dont know about the new Siemens and Moto's 7 megs camera phone.

Please let me know about it.

Warm REgards,
Abdul Basit
Blaster
yea i'm taking it back to where i bought it. And making them refund my ringtone.
seanooi
I'd stick to my Sony Ericsson k800i. Just love the camera Laughing

I was planning to get an LG chocolate for my girlfriend too but the shop owner said to get the Samsung E900. He said the camera's also better and more reliable.
Blaster
well guys i got another one. Same one but it was free and all. Hopefully this goes well. And they are going to refund my ringtone.