FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yahoo domains at 1.99$ a catch or a hype?

indyeah
I recieved a newsletter from yahoo, according to which they were giving all the new members a domain name worth 1.99 bucks, now is that a catch or just a hype or do they really give away a cool service Question
calvinchin
Hi there,

I did not receive such offer... Crying or Very sad

I thought MSN is giving away the domain already? Wink
Mr Smith
There must be some sort of catch for it to be that cheap, are you sure it isn't a discounted offer when you buy something?
indyeah
the link for the same is as follow Wink though i personally think yahoo can afford it, since many host provide .org domain for 2 bucks anehow guys check it out here

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/

if it works, guess its really cool Rolling Eyes
indyeah
Mr Smith wrote:
There must be some sort of catch for it to be that cheap, are you sure it isn't a discounted offer when you buy something?

If you hate fake links, and want to find out how to stop them, click HERE

buddy ur link aint working, check it out Very Happy
milkmandan
i think it says that the offer is only for the first year. either way, you've got until december to decide if it's worth it to save yourself $8, haha.
Teddy1
Most of the time offers like this are temporary. They usually advertise these promotions for a limited time only. I think that the $1.99 offer price would be that cost for a year and then $9.99 there after.
indyeah
Agreed , though dere are some cool sites which encourages payment thru paypal n provides a .org domain(in my case) for jus 2 bucks, even the cp is cool, by the way i was lame,didnt knew anething bout the domain stuff...lol

found it cool, if yall r interested wud share the url as well

cheers

as far as yahoo goes, i think they have a terrible customer support sys, godady has a far better cs...

watcha think
toughtrio
Yes I am interested indyeah. Please post that link up on this forum. Nyways, .co.nr also gives some cheap domains, probably around 2 to 3 dollars.
I m searching for a nice, cheap domain all the time, so please share.

Warm Regards,
ABdul Basit
coreymanshack
well the link worked fine for me!
SNES350
$2 for the first year, then I guess the regular rate after that. I don't know about being able to move to another domain registrar after signing up through them, though.
indyeah
heres the link guys, looks f9 so far Wink
dunno think theres ane catch with this

http://domains.host.ac/anacreon/?&redirectpage=%2F%3F

comments r appriciated Very Happy
indyeah
SNES350 wrote:
$2 for the first year, then I guess the regular rate after that. I don't know about being able to move to another domain registrar after signing up through them, though.

buddy you can transfer your domain to the server as well, am using them & no complaints no far, the customer support is just awesome

here are some precautionary notes for the same

Note:

* Transfering your Domain Name to domains.host.ac will add 1 Year to your Domain Name.
* Your Domain Name must be atleast 60 days old. You cannot transfer a Domain Name if it has been registered in the last 60 days. Please check your Domain Name Creation date by performing a WHOIS on your domain name and make sure it is atleast 60 days old.
* Transferring your Domain Name will add one year to its current expiry date. You will be charged 1 year fees for it. IMPORTANT: If your domain expired with your old Registrar, and you renewed it with them, then do not Transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiry date since it will not add 1 more year to your domain name, and you will lose out on the Renewal fees paid to the older Registrar.

watcha think mate
indyeah
toughtrio wrote:
Yes I am interested indyeah. Please post that link up on this forum. Nyways, .co.nr also gives some cheap domains, probably around 2 to 3 dollars.
I m searching for a nice, cheap domain all the time, so please share.

Warm Regards,
ABdul Basit

i have used .co.nr for lot of my sites, the main prob with them is the forced ad + now they manually select the site for redirecting the domain and thats pathetic, i tried it for like 4 times and they never answered me back
engeland
That price is so ridiculously cheap.
guissmo
Stuff like that are usually not true or have a catch.
Why would a big company like Yahoo offer something at a ridiculously low price?
Read it very well, or you might regret getting it.
alkady
It's actually possible to get stuff extra cheap! I know for a Fact because I have a Reseller Account with a Paid Hosting Company, I buy my domains for as little as $1.49 CDN, Thats like $1.29 in USD if I buy in Bulk! Which I'm not! Sad

But for every additional domain I buy, Which soon will amount to 8 hehe, My bill lowers the next year!!!!

*Psst..But keep it for yourself, This is a Industry secret they want you guys not to know!
GProject
I almost bought a Yahoo domain earlier this year, but then the free hosting I was with shut down and I kinda forgot about it. Back then you could get $2.99 domains, but you could register with them for 5 years which was a great deal! I wish I'd gone for it now.
Lilystock
Well that may be a promotional fare. The only thing to be careful about is that once you are on regular prices, it won't be more expensive than if you bought it normal price first time around! Laughing

The only thing I don't like about yahoo is that you only really have the strict minimum (which is comprehensible at that price) and everything else is quite expensive (like having more emails or things like this...).
awesty
i might buy one. then when the time comes to start paying $10 i will transfer to a cheaper company Wink
tribe
indyeah wrote:
I recieved a newsletter from yahoo, according to which they were giving all the new members a domain name worth 1.99 bucks, now is that a catch or just a hype or do they really give away a cool service Question

I bought a 3 dollar domain and there were no gimmicks whatsoever. Yahoo isn't a company that will scam you, but those unknown hosting sites may.

Purchase your domain with them IMHO.
Daniel15
I would buy my domains with Yahoo, except that I don't have a credit card...
tribe wrote:
Yahoo isn't a company that will scam you, but those unknown hosting sites may.

Yep, that's why I use DomainSite.com... They're well-known. I've been using them since December 2004 Smile
bluefish
$1.99 is for the Ist year only.
After that the price goes up to $6.99 per year.
And this price is for the domain name only.. No web space
jongoldsz
I got my domain for 5 years for $10, and to make it better they didn't require me to get yahoo hosting. So for me it worked out.
jeremoi
I saw it on their site. I'm pretty sure thay had this last year too when I bought my domain.
mattchun
I guess this won't be a long-term agreement, I'm you can't buy a domain at 1.99 for five years or more.

I believe it should be a one year promotion and there's no extension.
johans
based on experience the price is correct at $1.99 but the services is not good and lousy support so you guys, i suggest not to purchase at yahoo.com try some other provider.. this is based on experiences i am talking.. after next year the payment will be $34.99
standready
johans wrote:
based on experience the price is correct at $1.99 but the services is not good and lousy support so you guys, i suggest not to purchase at yahoo.com try some other provider.. this is based on experiences i am talking.. after next year the payment will be $34.99

Why dig up and answer a six year old post after you already started another topic on the subject??? Was totally unnecessary.
Ghost Rider103
As stated, this thread is extremely old. Saying that, this is no longer relevant.

Moved to domains, for future reference.

-close-