FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost should start more free services

Should Frihost start a free Match Making Web Site?
yes
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
no
81%
 81%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 16

ibay
Frihost generates its income from Google Ads on its forum, but it is a fact that Pay-Per-Click Ads generate the least number of clicks in Forums. This makes me think that Frihost's free hosting service will not last long and eventually they will add banners on top of user pages or they will start paid hosting to cover up their costs.

Now I would like to suggest what more services they should offer:

1.) A free Match Making site, this would only require a new domain name and a free open source match making or community script. Users may be required to earn certain No. of points in the forum to open an account.

2.) A Web Directory. I know they have a Frihost Directory but it is only for Frihosters, so why not give it a seperate Domain and make it a "Post to Site Submit" directory for anyone who wants to submit any quality site. Many outsiders will be willing to have a link on a high PR directory fro a few one-time posts.

3.) A Knowledge Base Site. Frihost Forums have many members who have good knowledge of computers and their problems. They could be asked to submit their Articles or give answers to problems at the site, and given free hosting in return.

3.) And Lastly, a Video Clips website in which video submitters may be rewarded with Hosting upon submitting required number of eligible video clips.

The biggest advantage for Frihost is that it already has a large user base and it would be easy for them to kick start any new project.
Jaan
You have some big plans there, mate. There are much bigger corporate giants for each of those services. But, you never know, opportunities are everywhere. Wink
billybob
Quote:
This makes me think that Frihost's free hosting service will not last long and eventually they will add banners on top of user pages

Frihost has been up over a year now and bondings has managed to keep this an add free service for this long and I have heard of plans for a third server which suggests that it is profetable enough to last.

oh yeah and who is going to make all these thing you have suggested? they take alot of time to create and run.....

well thats what I think anyway Confused

Ryan
Marston
I think this topic should be locked; F.R.I.Host (Free Reliable Internet Hosting) is a HOSTING site, not a matchmaking site, not a web directory, and not a youtube-esque site. There's no reason at all for FriHost to expand it's services.
Hammy
I feel bonding puts alot of hard work into Frihost, and i dont think he wld have the time to expand.
And no1 really knows how sucssesful he is.. so wat means to say that he can expand?

I'm sure untill he goes on a well deserved holiday .. then we'll know that he's not busy.. and can afford to expand Wink hehe
Bondings
Frihost is centered around this community and the free hosting. There is no reason to offer anything else on Frihost. So any new free thing/add-on on Frihost will either be a community service (which covers quite a lot) or hosting related.
Blaster
Bondings wrote:
Frihost is centered around this community and the free hosting. There is no reason to offer anything else on Frihost. So any new free thing/add-on on Frihost will either be a community service (which covers quite a lot) or hosting related.

Bondings you should make a website on a list of your competors*

But this is a free webhosting comminity. No more no less and i support bondings dession.

But i still think the top thing is a good idea*

*Yes this is sarcastic
wiggy
I like the idea at the top but I still do like Bonding's comment to.
kerouac
The only time to diversify if is the core business is declining. I think, so far as I know, web host demand is increasing.

At least two other hosts have either run out of space or upgraded their servers to cope.
ocalhoun
kerouac wrote:
The only time to diversify if is the core business is declining.

Tell that to google...
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
kerouac wrote:
The only time to diversify if is the core business is declining.

Tell that to google...

Shocked good point...

Seen as this topic pretty much breaches the "what not to suggest" topic, I seriously wonder why it hasent been closed Confused

BTW (@wiggy): Why do you want bondings to reply? - the admins know whats right, and Bondings needs to use his time improving frihost instead of posting relies to *pointless* topics.
vicarious
I found this to be the best topic ever for me to comment on. Because I am an expert? No. Because I am serious need of frih points to keep my service (I've been away from the computer for a month for personal reasons), and this topic is really so irrelevant that it kes no real thought to ramble on about it for hours.LOL. I commend Bondings on a job well done. There is no need to change what you are doing. I know that you need no convincing. I would also like to say to the original poster that his ideas seem to be very good ideas, for someone that might for example.....be the one who thought of them. You have 250 MB of pure computer matchmaking power at your fingertips, no thanks to the very person you made the original suggestion to. There have been some very successful matchmaking services on the internet, and you might be next. Matchmaking services are not my thing, and do not seem to be Bondings either, but it just might be your Frihost calling.I wish you the best of success and I congratulate Bondings on his. Nuff said.
simplyw00x
Quote:
I found this to be the best topic ever for me to comment on. Because I am an expert? No. Because I am serious need of frih points to keep my service (I've been away from the computer for a month for personal reasons), and this topic is really so irrelevant that it kes no real thought to ramble on about it for hours.LOL.

To constantly come back to the hilariously lax restrictions on this forum, which are turning it into a shit-hole that is barely readbale, why has this person not been banned?

This person is spamming, and including in the post a reason why they're spamming and a confirmation that they're spamming. They clearly want a ban. Please oblige.
tidruG
Currently, I think that nothing is being planned... maybe later, muuuuch later.
Until then, I'm going to lock this topic... seems to be heading in a rather hostile direction.

-close-